1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Other stutter issues

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Melek, May 14, 2019.

1. Melek

Melek Red Snail

Jul 29, 2017
    Male
    2:04 AM
    Melek
    Night Lord, Hermit
    Hello!

I am having a very annoying issue. Every time I cast or someone else cast a spell that has not yet been casted since I started the client, the screen freezes for about 1 to 1.5 seconds. The same happens when a monster drops an item that has not been dropped since the client has been open. Once the spells are casted and the items are dropped, the same animation or drop does not cause any type of trouble.

Thanks for the help!

GRIND HARD!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    3:04 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Are you on windows 10? Sounds like gfx issue (which I suffer from as well)

In which case, the only solution is to downgrade your windows, unfortunately.

3. OP
    OP
    Melek

Melek Red Snail

Jul 29, 2017
    Male
    2:04 AM
    Melek
    Night Lord, Hermit
    Yeah, I do have Windows 10. So I have to downgrade windows? theres no compatibility mode that can help?

4. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Unfortunately it's an inherent issue with Windows 10. We tried finding fixes and also employed a few changes to reduce the lag, but ultimately the problem remains. If anyone has a solution to this I'd very much like to know myself.

I know turning on compatibility mode can actually reduce the performance. If you have that on, try running with it unchecked.

Also I never tested it but it might be better if you turn down graphic settings in-game.

5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:04 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    This is just the way computers work, unfortunately. The graphics for each skill or item must be loaded from physical disk space into memory. This can actually take some noticeable time.

It's not to say the problem couldn't potentially be fixed.. but likely it would involve optimizing the client to be sure to have all your skill animations loaded upon selecting your character.. or better redirecting of the code to not stop visible animations and controls when something else needs loading. Of course we'd pretty much need a client coded from scratch to do this.

Best advice I can give you is try to defragment your hard drive. What this will do is help ensure that when your computer needs to load something into memory, all the information it needs should be in the same place and in a sequential order. You should find these stutters happening less frequently and being less severe when you do this.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    I have this issue(not for me anyway) too but it's only a fraction of a second, barely noticeable. I do hear my hard drive click two or three times when it happen, to confirm what Lionheart said about a hard drive issue. I bet a lot of people have it but 1..5 seconds is pretty bad. You should probably run a S.M.A.R.T. test and try defragmenting indeed, or even try running ML from a flash drive

https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/

• Like Like x 2
  7. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    9:04 AM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I can, with 100% certainty, say that it's your hard drive. My old laptop had a terribly slow hdd and new stuff freezes the laptop too. It's maple loading the images from your hard drive. Having a solid state disk should make it barely noticeable.