1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low Mystic door stuck on channel 4 (city plaza south section)

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by JunkyardBat, Nov 1, 2019.

1. JunkyardBat

JunkyardBat Blue Snail

Jun 29, 2019
    Male
    7:53 AM
    Snel
    Night Lord
    Flow
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): Mystic door is stuck in a map
    What is supposed to happen?: After a short time, the door should disappear
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: I cast a door at channel 4 city plaza south section
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    - Cast door
    - Go into fm while door still active
    - opened another client and did some stuff (didnt realize yet it was still up)
    - leave fm and go back to map
    - the door is still there
    Extra information (optional):
    - my door is level 1 so it should vanish quickly
    - the buff icon was flashing and could not be removed by right clicking it
    - I logged out and in and the door is still there
    - I can still go back and forth through the door indefinitely
    - ign CursedNurse
    - door in attached image is mine, and you can see no door icon in buff tray

Attached Files:

2. Seiras

Seiras Horny Mushroom

Jun 24, 2019
    6:53 AM
    I/L Wizard
    I have encountered this bug too. I cast my door yesterday and the timer never actually ran out. I hadn't tried right-clicking the skill icon. I'll call the original casted portal P1 and the destination in town D1.

What I was doing:
    I was creating 3 new scroll-holding characters (all on the same account) while using a bishop on another account to help me kill some pigs for their beginner pirate quests.

How I was doing it:
    I was leveling up regularly on Maple Island and got to lvl 10 or 11, then went to vic and advanced as a pirate. For the first couple portals I used (all right outside the pig farm mini-dungeon) everything was fine. My bishop was party leader, my scroll mule got the quest done a couple times until lvl 13 (max Dash skill), and then I would make another scroll character. The second character went fine too. Once I got to the third however, I had a party of 3 going from Maple Island, and instead brought my bishop into that party. I remember having some lag yesterday, but I'm not sure if it was lagging while I casted the portal. Anyways, that final portal did not vanish and the skill icon kept blinking. It was still fully usable, so I just finished on my 3rd mule.

Now for the chain of events:
    Day 1 (yesterday)
    The party consists of an islander leader, my 3rd mule, a random guy from maple island, and my bishop.
    Party leader kicked bishop.
    Party leader kicked 3rd mule.
    Party leader left party, causing it to disband while the other guy was still in it.
    All of my clients are eventually closed.

Day 2 (today)
    I logged in on my bishop and saw that my portal was still in town (portal T1). It does not tell me my name on it.
    There was no portal icon blinking on my bishop anymore.
    I tested it to see if it worked and it did.
    There were two portals present next to the pig farm mini-dungeon portal (P1, the one I just came out of... and P2, an unknown portal)
    Going back into P1 brought me to town again at T1's location.
    Going through T1 went back to P1, simple enough.
    P2 does nothing.
    I cast another portal in P1's map, P1 disappears, and PX is created in the wrong location (mid-air below me).
    I attempt to cast again and crash with an invalid pointer error.
    I don't remember exactly, but I think P1 was gone still, idk about PX. P2 is still there.
    I recast door again, goes to the wrong location, recast again... client crash with invalid pointer.
    So I bring another character online to try to go through T1.
    Bishop created a party and T1 disappeared.
    Bishop left the party and T1 came back.
    Bishop go to the next map over from P1 and casts a new door (P3).
    P3 is functional and takes bishop to T1.
    T1 takes bishop to where P1 used to be, but P1 is not there nor can I press up to go back.
    I go to P3 and use it, ending up in T1, and T1 still takes me to P1's old location.
    Rinse, repeat, same old same old for my bishop.
    Bishop creates a party and the same occurs.
    The other character is added to the party.
    The other character sees T1 with bishop's name on top, but cannot use it.
    The other character walked to P1/P2. P1 is not there, P2 is visible but not functional.
    The other character walked to P3 and it is there and functional, taking him back to T1.
    T1 still doesn't work for the other character.
    3rd scroll mule from the yesterday's party is logged in and sees T1 but cannot use while in the new party.
    Attempting to walk towards P1's map, 3rd mule cannot use the Dash skill key.
    3rd mule taps -> to activate Dash and it works, and so does the key too.
    3rd mule tries T1 again, ending up at P1.
    P2 does nothing for 3rd mule.
    P3 takes 3rd mule to T1, now functioning the same as the bishop.
    3rd mule is logged out, previous 'other' character is brought back on.
    T1 does not work still for other character.
    Other character happened to be a pirate too, but dash works fine and repeating 3rd mule's steps does not unlock the portal.
    3rd mule is brought back on and T1 is still functional.
    The bishop cannot right-click the blinking portal icon to dispel it.
    Casting door again in P3's map causes P3 to disappear for a moment and re-appear in the same place it was at.
    Casting again makes P3 disappear, but P4 does not appear.
    Casting again does nothing.
    Walking away to cast another portal causes P3 to reappear.
    P3 is functional and goes to T1, T1 goes to P1, and re-entering P3's map shows P3 still visible.
    Casting door to try to make a P4 makes P3 disappear, but there is no P4. A rock was still used.
    Making the bishop walk causes P3 to re-appear.
    Rinse, repeat. Impossible for bishop to create a P4 in P3's map, but there is no crashing.
    Rocks are always used for each cast.
    New map, attempt to cast, rock is used.... no new portal, but going back to P3 shows it is still there and functional.
    @Dispose does not help, still cannot create a P4
    All portals were previously in the Henesys area, but P4 cannot be created in an Ellinia area either.
    Changing channels allows a P4 to be created in the Ellinia area, taking bishop to T2 in ellinia.
    T2 goes to P4 as expected.
    Portal skill icon is back to normal and no longer blinking.
    CCing back to old channel destroys P4 and the icon is gone.
    P3 exists on old channel and goes to T1, but T1 is no longer there.
    P1 is still gone, P2 is still there but non-functional.
    P5 is created in another henesys area map.
    P5 goes to.... T1? But not T1. The bishop spawned a little to the right of T1, so I'm assuming there's an invisible TX portal. I am unsure if it is the original T1 or if the T1 i see now is actually a T3.
    Walking a few pixels over to the T portal takes bishop to P1, so I will assume T3 is invis and T1 was made visible again.
    P3 is visible and goes to T1.
    Portal icon is infinitely blinking.
    P5 still goes to the invisible T3.
    Doing the cc fix, I was able to create a working P4 and T2 (ellinia area) on the bugged henesys channel.
    Henesys still screwed tho, with a newly created P6 and T4 for the henesys area.
    3rd mule was also able to use P3 while not in the bishop's party right after I posted this bug report.

Don't ask me how or why, but my 1 bishop now has 3 henesys door locations in server memory, one of which is visible and usable. That 1 visible town door goes to an invisible door out of town... and there are 3 other portals out of town that are still functional as well. In total that's 3 henesys locations and 4 near-henesys locations for my 1 bishop.

And lets not forget P2 whose origins are unknown and has still never functioned.

Conclusion:
    Something wonky is happening with portals for my bishop, and judging from the fact that something like this is even possible at all means portals could probably use a tender-loving re-code. Not to mention other party related portal bugs where the portal is not visible to party members and sometimes not visible to the caster while in the party.

Aftermath:

3. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    7:53 PM
    Z00M
    Beginner
  4. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    7:53 AM
    DMsRebirth
    This thread reminds me of an issue I've ran into a few weeks in the past:

I was trying to get elixir components from cornians, so I did the usual thing of bringing my bishop into Burning Forest to door in my Marksman and other skill mules. As I enter the map I noticed that Kalash was hanging on a rope and all the monsters weren't moving unless I hit them, but I thought he was just dcing and since there was no mapowner I just doored in my characters and did my stuff. I collected all the components and noticed that my door was somehow stuck and not disappearing, but I didn't think too much of it and just left the map, figuring that it would disappear sooner or later.

After that, when I was trying to door my characters in another map, I realized that my bishop's door in Leafre on that channel was stuck leading into the Burning Forest. What's even more creepy was that, upon further investigation, I realized that the door didn't just lead into any plain old Burning Forest - if my bishop manually walk into Burning Forest, I would walk into a normal map with everything working normally. However, if I take the door, I would end up walking into some kind of bizarro version of Burning Forest where Kalash is eternally hanging on the rope (despite him not even being online), Cornians not moving until I hit them, and any drops I left on the ground staying perfectly intact no matter how much time elapses. It was as if my bishop somehow opened up a door into some kind of twilight zone.

Eventually a server restart happened and all that nonsense disappeared, but this was something that really stuck to my memory. Maybe that occurrence was also related to this issue.