1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Reasonable changes to Buccaneers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by joota, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    3:35 PM
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    I am amazed that you guys wrote a dissertation when commenting. Do it point form already come on.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    9:35 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I could give u my thoughts:
    1-I disagree, Shockwave will always be a trash skill, funny enought it is still exist in modern maple as a skill named Landbuster, Neckson speed it so many times and gave it some dmg and is still a trash skill. Just completely ignore this skill, is not bad to have one bad skill, I think bucc can use all skill efficiently at 4th job just not that one, many jobs have awful skills that ppl ignore (mosnter magnet,holy charge,final attack, the lsit goes on)

2- I never had an issue with Barrage's range, even at times I punch the air and the mob gets hit anyways.

3- Time deomition well, yes sometimes I hit nothing and is my fault for not timing it well, perhaps when HT heaad goes down to attack. Other jobs miss as well attacks when HT parts move too

Now the second part:
    1-Have you ever used SE on a stunned mob? The dmg scale is crazy. With SE your crit rate is 75% and you do an extra 300% when you crit this so knowing this these are the crit % if crit: 750% demolition hit 1110% Dragon Strike, now the funny stuff barrage 580% on hits 1 to 4 1160% on 5th hit 2320% on last hit. I would love to see Bucc astronomically high damage but this may make the job a bit too good for the supprot options they offer.

2- I never had an issue with the mobs I push but I wouldnt mind to hit more, seems ok to me

3-Barrage in my opinion needs a buff. Make it 310% or 330%. The damage a Buccaneer does untransformed is a bit low so why not, lets buff it (buffing dragon strike would make the 1vs1 combo a bit better but would make dragon strike too good on grinding spots)

4-Meeehh. I get you sometimes you do like 30k and then you do 60k with it but overall the damage is ok. I kill mobs consistently and my bossing dmg is not that inconsisnten. The same happens with barrage last hit (sometimes I do 40k sometimes I do 93k) but bad rolls often get compensated but good ones and unlike the TT crit range as I said bucc grind seems consistent enought.

5- Not sure how that would affect the job, the DPS increase wouldnt be that big but buccaneer damage is so weid and they abrely lose damage in bosses other than HT main body?. Like a any job on dummies gets so much dmg but loses a lot on real bosses and buccs are like meeeh. I wont say yes or no (altho I lwokey want more dmg too why not?)

6-That sounds good, that would get us better cahrge on bosses and perhaps would allow buccs to stand on teh right side on HT body isntead than on the left. Cleave 4 parts mosr consistently with dragon strike. I kinda want that + 120 seconds charge (like post big bang before charge was reworked into a resource meeter). That would allow Buccaneer to cleave a bit and do overall more damage in HT.

7-Up to the GMs. I dont really mind if they "fix" SI , that would make thieves hate me a bit less
    NO. While grinding you can just get cahrge so fast that you pretty much clear the mobs with Dragon Strike> Blast and u kill so fast with it, even withotu charge we kill stuff fast while grinding. Buccaneer is not a cleaver, the cleave bucc does is casual, even if you could spam Dragon Strike its kinda slow and you better off using the barrage+ds combo to do more dmg and casual cleave if not u just demolition. Even with a better skill, snatch, bucc cleave can't contest shadower's,hero's or dk's cleave so let it be. Enable the cleavers with SI and do some okj cleave with dragon strike when u combo with barrage, tahts it.

3. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    shotshot 3rd job weird, the problem imo are not the skills but how they are introduced. Charge and and the charge skills are very good and are a core aspect of the job, stun mastery is usefull just Transformation restriction make it awful and Shockwave will never be good (and thats not bad since most jobs have mreo than one useless skill). The problem with 3rd job is that you actually have no new skills unless you are charged or transformed, other jobs introduce new skills that you can use at any time so to "fix" the job we should have to redistribute skill in a way that you get a one or two new normal skills on 3rd job but that is a lot of work and I think is better to jsut to leave it as it is, in the end 4th job is the true reward for buccaneers.

4. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    My last thoughts o.o about what bucc could or needs:
    1-120 seconds charge and perhaps a way to get mreo charge at bosses or just multihit skills gets u charge bassed on the hits
    2-Barrage damage buff perhaps to 330% or so
    3-Stun mastery fix? extra dmg on crit is 60% but if you have SE is 160% + 140% that se provides.This would make the skill better by itself and not reliant on SE to do the full damage
    4- This will probably never be possible to be implemented but, remove transformatio restrictions (I can't even trade while transformed). Also I find stupid how you can use energy blast and energy drain while transformed but not energy orb o.o. This would make buccaneer so much more flexible when transformed but oh well
    Edit:
    5- allow again ppl to make customiceable content so I can bring my back my "za wordo" sound effect for time leap

5. OP
    OP
    joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    12:35 AM
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer