1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

General items drop rate thread

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Kimmy, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Pina

Pina Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Male
    5:14 AM
    PodoSoju - Gahm - Only81
    F/P Mage
    Glory
    Any info on the drop rate of Holy Charge 20 from Nest Golems? Been there for awhile o:

2. Crafty

Crafty Pink Teddy

Jan 18, 2015
    Male
    England
    10:14 AM
    Kube
    Thief
    Dalmascus
    Me and Toben, spent pretty much all day yesterday grinding for Marrow, Dagger, and Tough Skins, to no avail after using 3600 pots, nothing dropped at all, however busted dagger dropped around 8-9 times.

3. Betwixt

Betwixt Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Feb 16, 2015
    2:14 AM
    Betwixt
    Night Lord
    Salty/Demure
    Kim. <3 Your work and dedication is appreciated!

And your pocket fairy!

• Like Like x 1
  4. arbor

arbor Slime

Feb 12, 2015
    Male
    4:14 AM
    1337m4573r
    Assassin
    Justice
    Had an issue doing my Battleship Cannon and Torpedo quests. "Observe the Spirit Vikings" requires 50 flags to drop and 150 kills. Killing 150 took a small amount of time, but gathering the flags took well over 5-6hours. I waited a while to report because I wasn't really sure if this was similar to other jobs' quests or not. The second quest "Observe the Gigantic Spirit Vikings" has been no different so far. I have the 150 killed but need to gather 50 tokens. After training there for around 3+ hours, I was only able to get 10 tokens.

5. Mosaic

Mosaic Mano

Mar 25, 2015
    6:14 AM
    Item: Orihalcon Ore, Sapphire Ore
    Monster: Slime
    Details: It's dropping way too much then it should be.

Item: Scroll for Gloves for Att 60%, Power Crystal Ore, Production Stimulator
    Monster: Platoon Chronos
    Details: I dropped 3 Gloves Att 60% in 5 minutes, 22 Power Crystal Ores in less than 15 minutes; also it's dropping a lot of Production Stimulators, got 2 in a very short time, I believe this amount is kinda high for this item.

Overall, what actually needs needs to be changed is: Stimulators should drop less than Forging Manuals, and Crystal Ores should drop more* than Forging Manuals. This is mainly related with Ludibrium monsters.

*Fixed.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  6. Bobby

Bobby Red Snail

Jan 8, 2015
    Hello Kim! I have some feedback on general item drops on lower level monsters (pigs and ribbon pigs especially).

Like Mosaic said above, I noticed I was getting a lot more scrolls, equips and ores from the lower level monsters (snails, slimes, mushrooms), and I assumed this was intentional because of the changes you stated in this thread: http://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/major-drop-overhaul.2140/

However, I believe pigs and ribbon pigs may still need some tweaking. After training on pigs/ribbon pigs from level 13-27, I have 23 pig heads, 20 leathers, and 17 stiff feathers. I believe pig heads are supposed to be rarer finds than both leathers and stiff feathers! Perhaps I just have incredible luck!

7. Bobby

Bobby Red Snail

Jan 8, 2015
    Also, last I remember, Sakura Cellions should drop Soft Feathers, but after an hour of farming, it seems they only drop their tails.

8. ROFLS

ROFLS Mushmom

Jan 9, 2015
    5:14 AM
    First of all, I don't think 15 minutes of training really shows that the drops need to be adjusted. To me it seems as though you were just very lucky, as I normally get 2 gfa in an hour which seems completely reasonable. Also, Kim has rebalanced certain mob drops so that training there is comparable to other spots. So even though it might seem slightly higher than 1x GMS, this is actually intended. I haven't had any issue with the drops there.

9. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:14 AM
    Moderator Post
    Theres a few re-tweaks on my to-do list before release and some mentioned in thread is part of it.

Thanks for feedback guys.

10. Distance

Distance Dark Stone Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    12:14 PM
    Tasty Walnuts drop rate should be doubled imo.

11. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Chance increased, applied now.

12. Distance

Distance Dark Stone Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    12:14 PM
  13. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Done, with same rates as tasty.

14. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Slime Bubble drop rate slightly increased. Grinded Slimes for while and only got 7, should be more now if anyone else noticed it was bad.

• Like Like x 1
  15. David

David Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    Kind of the reverse of the norm but Very Dry Branch drop rate should be lowered. It drops at a fair rate for Dark Axe Stumps, as they are supposed to drop it much more often than the others, but all the other kinds of stumps drop it much too often.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  16. Goofy

Goofy Mushmom

Jan 13, 2015
    SoCal
    The quest in orbis where you're supposed to find cloud pieces from pixies--i couldn't find a single one.

17. David

David Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    Really? That one only took me about 30 minutes. Maybe you just got unlucky?

18. Goofy

Goofy Mushmom

Jan 13, 2015
    SoCal
    Either way, it took like 2 minutes to complete in gms.

19. Nahiko

Nahiko Red Snail

Apr 5, 2015
    7:14 PM
    Priest
    Green Mushrooms drop scrolls very often, you may want to look at that =/ i know GMS patched the green mushroom to only drop axe scrolls to fix this

20. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    It could be you had the quest bug at the time, preventing the item from dropping. Can you try again if you didn't do the quest yet?

Are you sure you were not lucky? I did the 999 quest on my legit and from what I remember only 1 or 0 dropped.