1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

General items drop rate thread

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Kimmy, Jan 30, 2015.

1. RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    8:09 AM
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    Arwen's Glass shoes.

It should be 1:4 chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. drkaio12

drkaio12 Red Snail

Dec 28, 2017
    Male
    12:09 PM
    Radiohead
    Dragon Knight
    Funk
    Ashigaru's Monter Card, please!!! It's drop rate is awful, as well as Ashigaru's spawn rate!!

3. NoChorus

NoChorus Red Snail

Mar 24, 2020
    Male
    Bandit
    The drop rate of Bellflower Root monster card is absurdly high. This one specific mob at Herb Town with no apparent reason.

About a year ago I was doing quests in Herb Town, and one of them wants me to collect Bellflower Root's common drop (the 60% ones). I forgot the number, but it was around 100. I finished the set before the quest. I thought I was just lucky, until the other day I was just passing by the map and killed a tiny group of them. 2 cards dropped. And later it happened again but only 1 card. So I kept this in my mind.

Today I visited Herb Town again for card hunting and I was doing Sr. Bellflower Root. According to Library the best map is Bellflower Valley with 12 Sr. Bellflower Root spawns, in addition to 3 (normal) Bellflower Root. When I'm done with the Sr. cards, I picked up 7 normal Bellflower cards alongside. The etc. in my inventory was 574 Sr. to 90 normal, for reference (I had item pouch on and picked up most of the drops). After some quick math, Bellflower Root's card drop rate is roughly 8.9 times higher than that of Sr. Bellflower Root.

Whether to fix Bellflower Root's drop rate or not probably doesn't matter to anybody at all. I just feel like sharing my experience of my eyes constantly sending false positive of a card drop to my brain for 1 hour.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    5:09 PM
    Same happened to me, my first card dropped on the first Bellflower Root and I finished the set by the 82th mob (before I finished the quest as well):
    upload_2021-5-25_14-15-13.png
    1st card at 1st mob, got my 3rd card at 17 mobs

5. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    We could buff some cards tho:
    -Newties and Nest golems: stupidly low drop rate, a small buff won't hurt
    -Jr. Boogie: The fairies on the golem temple as super easy to get because there are like 2 a map, the boogies are the same and have less drop rate.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Well the question is do you want all of them balanced or is it fine if some of them are more elusive than others?

7. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Yeah, the completionist in me wanted to finish all of purple and black, but there were just some painful ones...I like that some are harder than others though, allows players to figure out which ones to do.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Yes, it happens to me every time. =o) I think Kimmy wanted to have a few mobs that were just really super easy - like Snails, Trixters and Pinbooms. Bellflowers is just one of them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    The best map for Jr. Boogies are on the ZMM map. They fairly fast, but you're right - their drop rate is significantly lower. Again, I think this is a Kimmy thing where she wants some card drops easier and others more difficult. Just a good mixing them up, I think, is better than having it all be the same thing all the way around.

10. miggyo0o

miggyo0o Red Snail

May 5, 2021
    Male
    11:09 PM
  11. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Dunas chair actually drops at a very reasonable rate, maybe a bit too much even since the last Neo Tokyo changes

12. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    11:09 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    In my experience the drop rate for the Nependeath Honey as needed from the Bone Helm in Or is seems very low, at least as experienced by myself and others in the guild.

13. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    when I first started my ML journey I didn't know that the drop rate for this honey was so low and I got one by accident. I sold it for 100k... :( I didn't know it was so rare lol

14. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    11:09 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    In GMS this item (along with others like Arwen's glass shoe) probably had a drop rate of like ~1/5000. People would hunt hours for them, and would fetch a decent price in the FM since they were tradeable.

• Agree Agree x 2