1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

General items drop rate thread

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Kimmy, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    5:08 AM
    I usually get more equips than that I think but I'm going to guess that they nerfed the item drop rates at Ghost Ship due to the high influx of players there (and the ability to practically afk train as clerics). Ghost Ship would be too good especially for clerics, since they can just have a pet out and hold down a button while watching movies.

2. Souna

Souna King Slime

Jul 5, 2015
    Male
    6:08 AM
    Souna
    Marauder
    High
    Guess you have bad luck. When I was at GS2/MP3 I had tons of equip drops and made a lot of money.

3. Hi

Hi Horny Mushroom

Jul 14, 2015
    3:08 AM
    Item drop rates were probably nerfed from when you did gs.

So, pretty much, old players got all the $$$ grinding popular training spots, while new players are left to rot in the dust. Great to hear. Makes me really want to play this game longer. I've already wasted 2 days making crap money, and 1 failed 60% cape scroll, 2 failed 70% cape scrolls, 6 failed 60% staff matt with no way of recouping due to shitty income gain makes me so motivated to "grind". I'm pretty sure my friends over at CMS who were also on the fence about switching servers are now totally enthusiastic about jumping ship to grind 5x as hard to catch up.

Oh right, and as a cleric, I totally have an alternative efficient training spot available other than gs.

http://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/the-nerfs-are-too-op.4652/

I'm totally ectastic, knowing that due to "leeching(something no self respecting player would do), or whatever other reason, new training spots, etc, clerics(mainly), and some other classes are left to bite the dust. Great to hear.

1-1.5 drops an hour. That's some sadistic and sick info.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  4. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    Look. I had bad luck too just yesterday trying to scroll: used a 30, failed. Used a 70, failed. Used another 30, busted. Although I've been here for a bit, since I'm generally lazy, I also got to the popular training spots late. And so what? I'm a fighter; I burn pots way more than clerics do (in fact, you guys don't use any at all during your GS2 period) and I've been doing just fine. Furhermore, you don't need an alternative spot to train. GS2 is pretty overpowered in my opinion and I am honestly really confused as to why you seem to be so mad.
    Also, pretty much everyone knows once you get to the GS period of clerics, it's a breeze. You honestly don't have much to complain about. Sure, you had bad scrolling luck. I do too. But blaming GS2 isn't the solution. The fact that you're actually making direct money by grinding because of MP eater seems unfair to me; you don't even have pots being a meso sink for you. But I'm not complaining because I willingly didn't choose to play a cleric :)
    Anyways, if you still don't get my point, all I'm trying to say is that there isn't anything wrong with GS2. I am pretty certain there won't be any buffs to it in the future.

5. 3DegreeChill

3DegreeChill Master Chronos

Apr 18, 2015
    Felicia
    Priest
    Majestic
    i agree, please increase leathers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hi

Hi Horny Mushroom

Jul 14, 2015
    Lol, are you serious right now??? Can't tell...
    So you think pots spent on money>equip drops..... I guess you consume ~10 mapleades for every monster you kill... Considering you're only level 59 and talking about pot consumption costs...... Every class, with proper grinding skills will make money on any to most maps although some classes are better at it than others. But the differences of classes are just the nature of the game.
    So you think that having ~13 mil as a cleric at lvl 70 while other classes will have made at least 5x what a cleric has at that level is okay.....
    About the scrolling....It's not the scrolling. It's the fact that clerics have no way to make money except multi account gaching, leeching, or making a new class. All of which are bad for the game's health overall.
    GS2 is overpowered... LOL You make it sound like only clerics have access to that map.... Sure clerics would make slightly more money than other classes in normal circumstances, but that's the whole point of a cleric... And you seem to think that 1-1.5 drops an hour, not only on GS2 is okay for the health of the game.... Imagine if drop rates at skellies, the drop rates for Wolf spiders(Assuming they were changed), and ilbi drop rates weren't changed... Yeah, I'm pretty sure people would stick around for 1 drop every 1-1.5 hours... What you would see happening at that point is, people would quit because pots are more expensive than farming, or you would see more people heavily mutil gaching with multiple accounts(this is still heavily more profitable than grinding with one acc even know) , which would seriously f up the economy.

7. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:08 PM
    Moderator Post
    Last time I touched GS was months ago. Also, CMS has no drop rates at all at NLC, so later on when you get higher level you will be richer, like everyone. The early levels are a struggle, which is also how it was in GMS. The rates are still much, much more higher than true GMS-like, because it was made for 100k users.

Also, Power Crystal Ore from Herps has been increased slightly.

Just want to leave here that x5 the amount is very invalid according to our DB statistics.

EDIT: I look into leather rate for some mobs.

8. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    7:08 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    That's just him having terrible luck like you at gs2. When I grinded there like 1 month ago the drops weren't terrible, i managed to make mesos on a spearman there (with 71 base int) and you heard kim, she hasnt touched the rates at gs in months. As to ws, i'd get around 2-3 equips on 1 hour of grinding on average and considering they are worth 200-300k it was good mesos (good enough to have a profit even with pot costs from constantly tanking 1.6k dmg), which guess what? Priests dont need to cause they just hs and afk at the platform in ws being leeched. The time you will have to spend most pots will be himes and you might even compensate from the pot cost with some luck. Once you get to bishop it's easy mesos..

9. Hi

Hi Horny Mushroom

Jul 14, 2015
    GS drop rates lower than drop rates on other maps, true or not true. Just want a confirmation. If they are the same, then I'll just chalk it up to an extreme extreme case of bad luck.

10. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    We do not use Global drop rates, meaning *all* maps have diff drop rates. The drop rate depends on popularity, and the amount of mobs a specific map has. The point I am making here that the drops for GS hasn't changed for months, so the drop rate you have now is what pretty much everyone else had as well. The only thing most recently changed in GS (which is also more than month ago) was steelies, which got lowered.

11. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    4:08 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    lol, everyone knows clerics make bank way more than any other class. GS is overpowered as it is, so if you don't like those drop rates, you can always try going to coolies, wraiths, or zombie lupins or something. xD

12. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    bad idea.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  13. Hi

Hi Horny Mushroom

Jul 14, 2015
    Does this mean that Zakum only drops same stat helms to every1, and no 4th job skills?

14. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    I don't get it but after reading through this board a bit more I'll be more careful about my suggestions.

15. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Zak drops are GMS-like. Helms are random stats. Yes, zak drop books.

16. Worry

Worry Dark Stone Golem

Aug 4, 2015
    Female
    Middle of Nowhere
    Helga
    Spearman
    Halcyon
    Could we improve the drop rate of Slime Bubbles please. Theyre needed in so many low lvl quests, and their drop rate is abysmal. :\

Edit: As well can we increase the drop rate of plant samples (Research of Plant Fossils Quest drop) There isnt even a difficulty to getting them, or a reward for having them, other than finishing the quest. Their drop rate atm is just tedious. (Had to cycle through the channels about 6 times to get 20 of them [ about 7 plants per cc] )

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Zark

Zark Orange Mushroom

Jul 23, 2015
    Male
    Zark
    Crossbowman
    Seconding this. I know they needed a nerf, but now they're far too low. Maybe 1/30, instead of 1/200 (how it feels now).

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Worry

Worry Dark Stone Golem

Aug 4, 2015
    Female
    Middle of Nowhere
    Helga
    Spearman
    Halcyon
    A slight increase on the drop rate of Pigs Head would be amazing as well, been grinding for about 20 minutes, only have 1 head. :| (Need 40 of them for quests)

Edit :
    ; n ; </3

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  19. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    I held 35 of them In my inventory since the independence day event and just dropped them in the FM earlier today I wish I would have saw this before I did that :/

20. botjake

botjake King Slime

Aug 4, 2015
    Male
    Judge
    I/L Mage
    They're fairly common, for me anyways.