1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New aggro changes affecting archer's puppet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LuisJ, Dec 1, 2020.

1. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    6:10 AM
    DMsRebirth
    OK so I finally got out of cave today and ran some of my own tests on Leviathan, who is auto aggro and lives in a map where I can safely puppet off plat, much like pirate boss.

From what I can tell, the main problem with puppet and autoaggro boss now is that, when you walk out of an autoaggro boss's attack range, it'll start retargetting someone else, so you would have lost aggro before you can transfer it to a puppet. I'm not sure if this was GMS's way of doing things (pirate boss is basically the only part of this game where you need to set up puppet against an autoaggro boss with other characters present on the map; all other application of puppets are soloing anyways), but with this system basically it's impossible to puppet against pirate boss now, since you lose aggro as soon as you walk away.

2. Pundit

Pundit Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    6:10 AM
    liljer
    Bowman
    Homies
    Have folks who have run cwk since the change have ideas for a new strategy? Is it just to have a BM/MM who can KB pirate?

3. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    7:10 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    actually there is a strat which archers can lure pirate boss with their puppet, even though they can't pin
    and pirate does not interrupt other ranges hitting mage.
    (but this requires very precise positioning for every ranges/bishes and not stable like before, still doable)
    tested in actual run like 6 times and worked not so perfectly, but quite finely.
    this requires other ranges beside archer dealing with pirate, to KB mages stably.

BUT

we know that. It's much way easier to just ask archers KB pirate stably, than explaining all stuffs to all new members everyday (unless you're doing cwkpq with fixed members) and expect them move like pro, so don't screw up such "state-of-art" strat.
    It's really sad that easiest way is just raising up hurdle for archers, than dealing with so many stuffs and get risk of being screwed.

I hoped to strike this - there is still strat which works in current situation. Had confidence after some demonstrations.
    but to be realist, it's easier to just raise up hurdle for archers. I feel sad on this.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    3:10 AM
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    i've been able to puppet pirate boss in cwkpq when i went within the last week (though the aggro is finicky, if anyone else besides me gets too close to it, puppet immediately loses aggro: case in point, Wyndham running past my puppet the other day and causing it to lose aggro).

basically you have to hit the pirate boss for maybe five seconds longer than previously before recasting puppet, where you could literally touch it with a single hurricane, then jump down and puppet in front of it rather than behind.

[​IMG]

like this, basically!!

i do knockback pirate consistently though, and i always use hamstring on it.

honestly the more annoying part right now is trying to separate it from the mage, for me.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. manwei

manwei Slime

Mar 25, 2020
    Female
    8:10 PM
    Bishop
    Hey guys, just looking for some suggestion on how I should manage the pirate boss since I can't pin.
    I usually stand on either side platforms to avoid dp and puppet as I tp down. With all the information shared so far, is it correct to assume that I should be able to still lure pirate to either sides with aggro on me and puppet in between us? (where pirate can see the puppet and maintaining a close range?).

6. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    5:10 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    KB the mage to left side and you can kill pirate right side x)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cheol

Cheol Mano

Dec 3, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    6:10 PM
    Cheol
    I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Bowmaster
    Pawcifists
    Yea, i've doing this method, however, it really requires precise positioning for every single range hitting the mage, any mistakes and the pirate will start going away from the puppet :)))))

this means parties with intarchers and low level archers require better position from range and good puppeting from archer, while higher dmg archers (bm has hamstring which makes it easier) just requires the archer to be good at puppeting.

I guess its alright... just that its very tilting...