1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Expand Player Info API

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Xaple, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Xaple

Xaple King Slime

May 14, 2020
    10:09 AM
    Follow up on this accepted request - https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/player-info-api.24681/

MapleLegends has an active '3rd party tool' community. There is plenty of Discord bots, apps, and websites all to assist players with everything from HP Washing to Leeching.

Given the initial confusion many new players have around HP Washing, the calculators many players offer can often be overwhelming to new plays who do not understand the intricacies of Washing.

My proposal is to expand the ML APIs that allow access to player info. The current API offers very surface level information about a character:
    Code:
    {"guild": "Parlor", "name": "Lagger", "level": 127, "job": "Shadower", "exp": "35.83%", "quests": 232, "cards": 1114, "donor": true, "fame": 40}
    The website already has access to some great information that would make HP Washing calculators as simple as typing in your IGN. The image below shows players current HP and MP ins a modified and (unmodified) amount.
    [​IMG]

Apart from the HP and MP, some really cool data that could be used to make some fun and exciting tools:
    • Skill and Ability Points Available
      • Advanced washing and skill building tools
    • Level up data {level, date, map}
    • Skill and Ability points allocation
      • Look up high level builds and more

Would like to know what others think, and if they have any other data suggestions. Obviously some data might take a little more work to surface than others, but the data already available on the website should be a low hanging fruit and add some great capabilities to ML tools.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    5:09 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I agree. This would make the possibility of custom tools to help players design an accurate washing guide custom tailored to them a possibility.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    1:09 AM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    No. It might be unhealthy in some sense.
    Next time when people R > boss run. Then they $maple the ign to get the more washed character.

I am just making a wide guess if there are actually such toxic hosts.
    But I think generally there needs to be a some privacy on the info (in a mushroom game?!), info are everywhere but they don't need to be for everyone.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    1:09 PM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    People can already do this by simply asking party members about their stats or DPM45. If they really wanted to be an ass about it they can just ask for a screenshot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Log

Log Orange Mushroom

Dec 11, 2018
    Corsair
    This already happens when boss parties are being formed and the question "How much HP do you have?" is asked. If you lie and die from one hit when you said you could survive, of course I'm not going to take you on the next run. This isn't returning how many failed boss runs are the user's fault, or how many times they've been reported for harassment. This is asking for a simple stat to be made available to improve the tools for users to help washing.

6. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    There is a huge difference in, you actively providing the infomation to them, and they getting your information without your understanding/consent.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    You are an ass if you know you are going to get 1hit-ed but you lied that you are not. That it plain wasting everyone's time.
    The concern is that there are many "barely enough" HP ranged character out there, that have to double pot or something. There is a chance that the host wont take them in, because they are deemed as "risky".

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    2:09 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Thete's limitation for 3rd person to see others info.

For example, Drods bot gets info from ML homepage, which unlogged 3rd person can access.
    Otherwhile, you can access much more detailed info about your account, only when you login, and these are basically blocked from 3rd persons.

Just remember why drods washing command is $washes class lvl mp, instead of $washes IGN. Also, reason why you 'must' login to see your characters base hp/mp/detailed lvl history, and can't see others.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    7:09 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Fully agree with yurainyurain here in the sense that I'd rather provide my own char's info than have everyone be able to freely look it up.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Log

Log Orange Mushroom

Dec 11, 2018
    Corsair
    Good point. I think it'd be better if there was the option for users to expose this data or not. That way, players who feel targeted or scared to be absolutely roasted by smegas and have everyone point and laugh at them if their MP or HP is low, don't have to expose it.
    The default for this info should be private with the option to make this info available in your Account Details on the website via some switch or consent option. This would allow tools only to access the info of those who've approved of it.

11. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    7:09 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    > Tfw you disagree with my post and 100% agree with it in your reply

12. Log

Log Orange Mushroom

Dec 11, 2018
    Corsair
    In your reply you agreed with someone who said "actively providing" the data. This wouldn't be that. With my suggestion, your consent would make your data freely available to anyone at any time, even while you're on the pot or sleeping. So yes, I disagree with yurian and your agreement with yurian that you should actively provide your data.

EDIT: The marriage of these two ideas would be something called an API Key. Some unique identifier that is only provided to you that you can then input in some script or application that can only look up the data with the API Key provided. Unless someone else had that API key, they couldn't see your 'personal' stats.