1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Revamping Horntail Drop Table

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shivering, Apr 22, 2021.

What do you think of this idea?

1. POG

2. DOG

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    12:03 PM
    jc43
    Warrior
    Don't forget about elemental wands!

I would like to point out that these item(s) do not need to be unique to horntail and these items could be flushed around different bosses in the game. The point is just to get them out of being gacha-locked, right?

While we're on the topic of Horntail though... would it be possible to hijack your thread to also discuss the current drop table rates also being tinkered with potentially?
    It's always such a shame to see the non gen-30 books being worth < 1m even though I see plenty of friends make new 4th jobbers on the norm and get these books practically free.
    I've always been curious if it would be possible to lower these book droprates so much that it eventually turn them back into higher ticket items so there's not so much of a dependence of Maple Warrior/Genesis.

I don't know about you guys but whenever I see a zerk/tt/blizz/meteor/... 30 I basically treat it like getting no splits at all. I might as well not even see them drop.

2. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Those books were 30m+ each a year ago. You just need to start a new pandemic and get more new players.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    jc43
    Warrior
    It can still be potentially be 30m+ in the future if supply disappears, right? People make new accounts/mules all the time.

4. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    1:03 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Would be pretty lame to remove valuable items from gacha considering that's usually the main moneymaking method for up-and-coming players to get their first foothold in the game. You'd basically be benefitting people who have already reached endgame at the cost of shafting every single new, early game, and midgame player to EVER play on MapleLegends. Sounds great for the ruling sweaties, but not so nice for the newbies.

Adding some of those items to boss drop tables without removing them from gacha, though? Sure, sounds pretty good! The whole "White Scroll fragments" or "boss points" idea is also pretty nice. Clearly bossing needs some help.

• Agree Agree x 15
  5. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    You'd be surprised by how many books some groups have hoarded. I doubt that supply will ever run out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    3:03 PM
    iPippy
    Not every new player is going to get lucky on big gach drops to "be able to play the game". I know plenty of high level players that are still waiting to pull their first ws/cs. If big gach were a requirement to survive, then I'd take it as a sign things are too inflated. Even gach pulls that are a few mil in value are enough to sustain new players' needs (esp when things like zak helms are cheaper than ever). Besides, if a new player gets lucky and pulls a white scroll, that money is traditionally just going to be used to buy levels through leech anyways. SlimeCool Perhaps cut the middleman and give new players more viable exp from quests to get through the ranks.

• Agree Agree x 10
  7. jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    jc43
    Warrior
    I guess that's my point, and it's why it saddens me to your read your post. It almost sounds like you(along with several others) have given up on mastery 30 books completely.

I'm agreeing that there's an oversupply of these books, and I know that people have hoarded a decent amount of these books. It is what it is. It's a separate sub-problem.
    Some ways I can think of to potentially fix the hoarding :
    1) wipe the books
    2) make it untradeable
    3) make them npc-able more than 1 meso

My point is that there's still quite a high drop rate of these books from active Horntail clears and that the high drop rate is unnecessary if there's still so many books on the server. Personally, I'd prefer to see an attempt than to just say, "Fuck it these books are doomed anyways."

I know that this suggestion isn't the only thing necessary to potentially fix book prices, but it's a start and it might as well exist if there's an endless supply. Is there any harm from trying at least?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I have seen those suggestions before in various suggestions threads before (untradeable books, expiring books, npc for 100k-1m, etc). Here's my take on the history; In the early covid days, there was a large conglomerate of 5-6 man HT runners that held the line for most book prices. But by the time the covid players got to HT level, there was way too many independent groups that started undercutting. In addition, when the covid spike tapered off, there just wasn't enough demand.

To bring it back to the point of this thread, replacing skill book drops with these proposed scrolls would help this issue on both fronts. You'd probably have to wait a long time before the prices of sb goes back up though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    3:03 AM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    No. Then you are basically turning gacha into a "event raffle" which is basically CS/WS or bust, with a barely any in between stuffs.
    A gacha will be just be even more depressing.

Bossing can be made more profitable (basically everyone agrees), but we shoud not destory the new players's only source of getting rich who are not able to boss in the process of doing so.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    Maybe the play is to remove rare gach from mobs and make it exclusively a boss drop, a combination of Akash and shivering’s suggestion to appease the crowd that thinks gach is dead without a couple items.

Although, I think the simplest solution is to just add a bunch of rare gach ticket drops to poverty dragon as per akash’s suggestion and see how that goes before making any changes such as removing rare gach from regular mobs. I don’t think mage farming needs a nerf.

• Like Like x 2
  11. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Like I've said there's no reason all of what I've suggested has to be implemented; even if some of it was implemented it could be a huge boon to HT runners and their meso making potentail. I think that there may be some overestimation as to how likely it is to get a lot of these equips in the first place as they as a very low probability in a large pool to begin with. Anyways, here is a list of scrolls that are worth over 1m that you would still be eligible for from gach (still plenty of good rolls as you can see and there's a lot of equips/scrolls that go in the 300-800k range that would help out all those new players that I didn't even include). I went through it quickly so I may have missed some:

• Dark Scroll for pet equip. for HP 30%
      Dark Scroll for Helmet for INT 70%
      Dark Scroll for Helmet for INT 30%
      Dark Scroll for Helmet for Accuracy 70%
      Dark Scroll for Helmet for Accuracy 30%
      Scroll for Helmet for DEX 70%
      Scroll for Helmet for DEX 30%
      Scroll for Face Accessory for Avoidability 60%
      Dark Scroll for Face Accessory for Avoidability 30%
      Dark Scroll for Face Accessory for Avoidability 70%
      Scroll for Eye Accessory for INT 100%
      Dark Scroll for Eye Accessory for INT 30%
      Scroll for Earring for INT 10%
      Dark scroll for Earring for INT 30%
      Dark scroll for Earring for DEX 70%
      Dark scroll for Earring for DEX 30%
      Scroll for Earring for DEX 60%
      Scroll for Earring for DEX 10%
      Dark scroll for Topwear for STR 70%
      Dark scroll for Topwear for STR 30%
      Dark Scroll for Topwear for LUK 70%
      Dark Scroll for Topwear for LUK 30%
      Scroll for Overall Armor for INT 60%
      Scroll for Overall Armor for INT 10%
      Dark scroll for Overall Armor for INT 70%
      Dark Scroll for Bottomwear for DEX 70%
      Dark Scroll for Bottomwear for DEX 30%
      Scroll for Shoes for Jump 60%
      Dark scroll for Shoes for Jump 30%
      Dark Scroll for Shoes for Avoid 30%
      Dark Scroll for Gloves for Magic Att. 30%
      Scroll for Gloves for Magic Att. 10%
      Scroll for Gloves for Magic Att. 60%
      Dark Scroll for Shield for Weapon Att. 70%
      Dark Scroll for Shield for Weapon Att. 30%
      Dark Scroll for Shield for Magic Att. 70%
      Dark Scroll for Shield for Magic Att. 30%
      Dark scroll for Cape for INT 70%
      Dark scroll for Wand for Magic Att. 30%
      Dark scroll for Two-handed Sword for ATT 30%
      Dark scroll for Bow for ATT 30%
      Dark scroll for Claw for ATT 30%
      Clean Slate Scroll 20%

12. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    Why not move part (or all) of the WS/CS supply into bossing instead? As a new player, I felt that Gachapon was a nice boost to income (I would break close to even on meso drop/potions so Gacha was a big portion of profit). New players don't rely on hitting it big with CS/WS since all the small scrolls are enough.

While WS/CS from Gacha is no doubt a significant part of farming income, I think that farming is good enough on its own that it really doesn't need WS/CS to be good.

It's pretty demotivating to think I'd be working really hard for a strong character only to know that my core gameplay (in other words: best way to progress) will forever be locked to spamming ults at the same spot I have been since I've started the server.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    It really depends if the direction here is to increase the inclusivity to new players.

14. damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    If these gach items are moved to HT I think its only fair that we then move HTP to the gach drop table /s. On a serious note, there's no reason why every single boss kill needs to be profitable, or every item from that boss be expensive. HT already has gen30 and mw20 and you have the option to sell htp services. Honestly this just sounds like you being upset that you don't get the amount of money you want from HT instead of an actual game balance suggestion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    9:03 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    But it is an actual game balance suggestion..

You clearly have no clue what kind of mesos are being made in most of the HT runs, Shivering doesn't even run HT btw so it's not even in his own interest.

I'm not advocating for or against the change but at least there's some decent thoughts put into it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Thinking from a game play loop perspective the current state of the game makes no sense and hasn't for a while imo. Get mage to lvl 130 and farm meso, wash & gear attacker, run bosses, make less money (oftentimes significantly less) than you did farming on a level 130 mage. This doesn't even include selling leech that the mage could be doing. If the endgame is broken then what's the purpose of participating in the farming and build up of an attacker? It's also weird to me that mages farm the most mesos while also farming the most player tradeable items. At least if gacha stuff was in bosses there would be trading between bossers and people farming mesos.

• Agree Agree x 9
  17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Nobody is asking for every single boss kill to be profitable, only that there be greater incentive to boss over other boring game content like leeching or farming. People have put in the work to calculate the average yield of bossing per time invested, and it's dropped significantly over the past year. If bossing - as the crux of this game - loses its incentive, the entire ecosystem of this game falls apart. Why farm to get stronger if bossing yields nothing in return? Why leech to get to bossing levels if bossing is dead content? In early stages of a server's life, bossing is an accomplishment that plays to the ego and thus has an intangible value associated to it. It keeps people driven towards a goal. Same goes for getting to lvl 200. But with these intangible incentives becoming less and less meaningful the easier they become, the only things left are the tangible incentives, which can be easily calculated and compared to other content with tangible incentives. When that too falls apart, there really is nothing left to be done in this game.

• Agree Agree x 9
  18. eliyuh

eliyuh Mushmom

Apr 22, 2021
    Male
    I do think bossing should be made more profitable, most prebb servers I've played died because HT loses it's value, after that, what's there left to do? Luckily here at Legends there's tons more end game content, compared to any other prebb I've played.
    I don't think "nerfing" gacha is the right move to make here, though. And if this suggestion were to get put into play, I think some of the junk should be removed from gacha to make up for what it'd be losing.
    If this is what I'm looking forward to on my next gach run, thats pretty depressing compared to how it is now.
    Some sort of "boss point shop" would be pretty great but it'd also be hard to balance considering the mules that could be used to farm said "points". Maybe there could be a class-specific % damage dealt you'd need, in order to receive points?

TLDR:
    +1 for making bossing more profitable
    -1 for nerfing gacha

• Like Like x 2
  19. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    TDLR. Make bossing more profitable
    At least close to a lv135 mage bombing ulu1/2 (without MU) for the same time you spent hitting a boss (already not including the waiting time).
    Such profit can come scrolls/expected value of gacha/white scroll piece(if this ever happens lol), but just something lol.

Either you increase the income, or decrease the cost of living.

• Like Like x 5
  20. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    But everyone will get richer as a result and lead to a higher ws/cs inflation. 250m WS next week?