1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Revamping Horntail Drop Table

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shivering, Apr 22, 2021.

What do you think of this idea?

1. POG

2. DOG

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    11:20 PM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    So this suggestion is actually an idea I had when reading a comment by MrPresidentMrPresident.

"I think I’d completely remove gach from mobs and put them in only bosses and maybe PQs. On another thread it was said that killing mobs is for generating new mesos and killing bosses is to facilitate player to player trade. I’d assume gach is almost entirely player to player trade (scrolls and good equips) and generates very little new mesos (NPC’d items). If that’s true then why is gach dropped from mobs at all when bosses are supposed to be for player to player trading?"

So gach is something that's very rewarding about grinding so although I didn't necessarily fully agree with his idea, I thought it was an interesting suggestion nonetheless. I think something that can be done to improve the horntail experience as well as profitability is to completely remove certain event/gach locked items and place them into Horntail. I believe this suggestion is good for 2 reasons:
    • It's better than the gachapon idea because it reduces RNG by introducing high drop rate high value scrolls and equips that will become exclusive to HT instead of gachapon
    • It allows splits to move away from being dependent on HT/GEN30 drops because let's be honest; these items and perfect dragon weapons are the only thing that are providing notable revenue to HT runners at the moment.
    Now, for the actual suggestion. I don't think all of these drops need to be added to HT, but I believe these items are probably the best candidates because they are high value items that have retained their value over a long period of time through the course of the server's history. Please keep in mind my idea is to REMOVE these items from gach and add them to HT in a way that would keep it consistent with the current supply. I think this introduction might increase the frequency of boss runs and therefore the drop rate might need to be kept lower than the current gachapon introduction drop rate, but this can be played with as staff is able to amass data. Please keep in mind that this isn't a comprehensive list and not all of these items have to be added, nor does it have to be limited to these items. The items are as follows (the goal was to not move all high value drops outside of gach, so that gach still retains good value aka to create a win win situation between farmers and bossers):
    1. Sky Ski
    2. Purple Surfboard
    3. Pink Adventurer/Gaia Cape
    4. Purple Adventurer/Gaia Cape
    5. Dark Scroll for Gloves for ATT 30%
    6. Dark Scroll for Gloves for ATT 70%
    7. Dark Scroll for Overall for STR 30%
    8. Dark Scroll for Overall Armor for DEX 30%
    9. Dark Scroll for Overall Armor for INT 30%
    10. Dark Scroll for Overall Armor for LUK 30%
    11. Brown Work Gloves
    12. Yellow Marker
    I understand this change is quite custom so maybe it's a bad idea? Feel free to dicuss/leave your thoughts below.

• Agree x 16
    • Great Work x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    8:20 AM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Adding face hp scrolls is custom too, so I guess the customisation is fine

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    4:20 PM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    I like the direction of your suggestion. But, why remove these items from gacha when they can just be included in the drop table? (Gach and HT both drop sky ski for example) I feel that limiting those items to HT only would create a supply shortage for those items mentioned

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    The goal is to make sure there is no oversupply of these items which would lead to price crashes. Removing from gach would allow the drop rates for these items to be very high within horntail since there are so few runs per day compared to gach tickets per day which would allow for more consistent splits for HT runners. That was my thought process behind removing the items from gach.

5. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    3:20 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    You started to do daily HT?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I do not engage in inefficient gameplay unfortunately.

7. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    2:20 PM
    white scroll shards pls.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
  8. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    How about fun, though?

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    4:20 PM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    If drop rates are high enough to ensure supply is pretty much unchanged then yes, that'll make bossing more appealing.

Approve

10. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I’m allergic.

11. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    3:20 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta

Pog ideia. What about Stonetooth?

12. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Doesn't that already have 2 bosses that drop it? albeit very low odds

13. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    2:20 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I’m definitely bias towards removing the items completely from gachapon as I don’t want to boss, with that being said.

Before the common gachapon was a drop, it had notoriously bad rates to lesson the reward of making money doing nothing from voting/vote abuse. The issue with this was gachapon exclusive items became incredibly scarce in the market. Additionally there became very little incentive to do any meso farming & grinding in general started to fade away.

THEN CAME THE HUNTING GACH TICKETS! Incentive for grinding as well as increased rates on valuable gach items missing from the market.

Since common gachapon is now a drop itself, the hunting gach ticket seems to have no reason to exist separately from the common ticket as now those rates can be adjusted freely. So I would lean on the suggestion of turning the hunting gach tickets (currently rare gach ticket?) into a bossing gachapon ticket that drops from bosses obviously. Then increase rates or have its own item table on whatever items were mentioned previously.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    3:20 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Despite dropping from toad and crow, it’s still much more expensive than sky ski so it seems ok to add it to ht too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Idea is DOG because it would turn gacha into get CS or WS or gg.

As it is currently, cs / ws makes up a large portion of the EV of a ticket. With this change it will be nearly all of it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I don’t think removing 5 scrolls and 5 equips will impact EV too much. There will still be a ton of good scrolls left in the pool and for equips you still have big hitters like Ele wands. The pink capes are already super rare from gach and requires a legendary roll anyways so I think the EV impact will be marginal.

17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    That's the main point. It reduces the value-efficiency of gacha as a farmable drop therein nerfing the mage farming strats a bit while adding value to the bossing drop table. You have to think of gacha as a supply generator of certain types of game items. At the moment, gacha generates a lot of value because of what it can turn into, and gacha are being generated mostly by mages.

18. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I made a list of scrolls/equips that I think should have higher supply here: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/revamping-mob-table-drops.39650/#post-264421
    I'll copy the list below:

Scrolls locked behind gach/event/cwk:
    - raccoon mask / white raccoon mask, sky ski, psb, ele wands, strap shoes, work gloves, red marker, red emerald earrings
    - gfa30/70, gfma30/70, sfma 10/70, sfa 70
    - 1h sword/1h BW/2h Axe/bow/wand 30 (locked behind cwkpq)
    - oa int 30/70, oa str 10/30/70, all topwear for luk/str, bottom dex 10/30/70
    - earring int/dex/luk 30
    There are also a few scrolls that are dropped by 1-2 mobs or boss but could be expanded:
    - shoe jump 30, sfma30/60, sfa 10/30
    - face hp 60/70, face avoid 30/60/70
    - yellow work gloves, shield earring
    - all earring hp scrolls
    Items locked behind 1 area boss that is nostalgic:
    - YSS/VSS, Stonetooth Sword, Ele Staff, YEE
    Y'all can refer to this list, if you want to suggest other additions to shiv's list.

I would rather see some weapon scrolls instead of the oa 30s. I think the additions to HT should be themed too. I like the idea of all glove related items (gfa30/70, gfma 30/70, yellow/red marker, ywg, bwg)

Also, the market for wep att. pots is kind of lacking right now, due to lack of stews. I wonder if HT buff can be turned into a pot, and dropped at HT.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    The one thing I dislike about removing these items from the gach pool is the fact that you're taking away a moneymaker that a lot of (new) players tend to hope for/rely on.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    What new players?

• Agree Agree x 1