1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Balrog Riding- Marksman guide to avoid stuns at Pink Bean statues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Toon, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    8:07 PM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    (OUTDATED) Due to statues hitting more often now, its not worth using this strategy as you get more iframe from the multiple hits. Now, being stuned or not by left statue is reliant to luck and avoid.

Pink bean statues cast long stuns pretty frequent. Most classes, except for NL and Shadower, are highly punished in terms of dpm if they don't have holy shield or avoid stun attacks with iframes. However, when it comes to getting iframes as a MM is a difficult task because you can't block your strafe and snipe cast animation to walk and jump into the statue like BMs. You also can't be near enough to the statues in a way a jump attack foward would be enough to hit them like corsairs- you start to bow wack them. Attacking under the statue and jump attacking like warriors/mages also doesn't work because archers bow wack on most positions under the statues.
    In this sense, i believe that using mounts on stun attack animation, to get fast enough to the statue and get iframe after snipe/strafe cast time, is the best option for marksmen.
    I selected three different moments when my Barlog mount has an use.

On stages 3 and 4 it's always better to focus left bird when opened because you can hit left man when bird is closed by weapon DR. Upon left bird DRs, you can attack left man from the same place you were and follow the strategy on video 2.
    On stage 5 you don't have to focus left bird because, after left man, you can split damage beetween left bird and ariel when one of them is closed. Therefore, you can follow video 3 strategy and get iframes before being hit from ariel rocks or left man stuns.
    It's always important to be aware if you are sealed and can't use mount skill.
    Silver mane hit box is not big enough. So, i advise you get a bigger mount on cash shop. Mounts change your hit box and ,consequently, larger ones help to get iframe faster. Red draco is enough without cash mount but i am keeping my trained Balrog after 200.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 19
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:07 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    what a beautifull man <3

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    4:07 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    this is a dope strat. I thought about doing it on my DK sometimes, but think it's faster/better to just fullpot + jump tank. the only time when its oof, is when you full pot and then you "miss" on the statue, so you gotta jump again to go back into zerk mode.
    I tried jumping into statues on Sinon but same result.
    Nice tips/advice Ric!

• Like Like x 1