1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Increase Anniversary point weekly limit

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GunzGaming, Jun 12, 2021.

Should Weekly points cap be raised?

1. Yes

48 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    30.6%
  3. Other, please explain.

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    6:43 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    The 24/30 man boss run is really nice in the sense that everyone will just bring their characters together and character together and clear the boss fast for the weekly points.
    A zak > krex > scarga, is basically your bossing points sorted.

The real issue is from lv 101 to lv124 where you can't do any effective bossing points other than rav/papu which is 5 points each only. And you also have no PQs as well.
    I would imagine a normal player farming the points in 2 bulks PBPQ + JQ + party points (70 + 75 + 50) with either PQ or Bossing (250), and supplyment the last 50ish points with grinding.
    A lv101 to lv124 player barely have any access to either bossing or PQ, and they need to make up the 250 bulk with grinding, which is insanely hard and boring compare to PQ/Bossing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Jackii Kon

Jackii Kon Dark Stone Golem

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    12:43 PM
    Dragon Knight
    :(
    As a solo player, in the 100-135 range (126 Dark Knight), the point cap seems fairly challenging to reach. Spamming 50 HPQs with no mules while competing over open channels is a bit of a drag, 5 hours of grinding today gave me roughly 130 coins, I wouldn't even mind spamming that RNG JQ but it's limited to 5 times a week.
    So my only options to get my points are to grind, spam 50 HPQs every week, and do the JQ/Pink Bean PQ. I'm sure I can stomach that for a week or two, but I figure by my 100th HPQ I'll want to do something else.

While the intention of the weekly cap/category cap may have been to make things less sweaty, as a casual player I now feel forced to hit that weekly cap. Call me insane but if there was no 500 point limit per week, I would probably just do whatever I want and end up with however many points I might have. Now on the other hand I am focused on that 500 cap and have to do stuff I actually don't even want to do since there's no way to hit cap by 1 single method.
    Addtionally the point cap can just be circumvened by making mules...so..it didn't even limit the sweaters and instead just made it more annoying for casuals? Am I weird for thinking this?

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    6:43 AM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I agree a lot with this. While when it was open ended, you may as a casual feel that you were not able to participate as much as other users which may result in a negative feeling, you still got as much as you were willing to give into the event in the end which is satisfactory. By adding the weekly cap, which is also combined with caps already by how many bosses you can do a day and level ranges for pqs, you are creating a forced "goal" perspective, rather than leaving it open to let the player decide how they want to play. I understand why they did it, but I also understand from a player point of view why it is not well liked by a lot of people. Some casual users especially can only play on weekends and due to the way things are limited cannot grind as much as they would like on a weekend because there is a weekly cap, or a limit on how many jqs/pqs/bosses they can do to obtain the points.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Loug

Loug Horny Mushroom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    7:43 AM
    Loug
    Paladin, Bishop, Marksman, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Like I said on Motto's rant thread, capping to 2k per account and letting people farm the way they enjoy the most would've been a better approach to this, especially when you look at hpq that all channels are taken by people making lots of mules plus a bunch of other mules competing to take that channel, leaving people some people without many options to hit the cap if they aren't lvl 135+ to join those 30 man boss runs that seem to give way too many points in exchange of no effort at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    GunzGaming

GunzGaming King Slime

Mar 25, 2021
    Male
    5:43 AM
    FatBlunts
    Based on further readings I'm thinking of multiple solutions here. It all is probably not possible to be done for this event but to be brought into conversation in the future.

1. Older players are bottlenecked to certain tasks/PQs, 100-135 are completely SoL, while less than lvl 100 players are getting 500 points in a matter of a few hours. A possible solution can be to completely remove Level Limits ON Magatia (R+J) PQ and Orbis PQ, but constricting skills used inside the PQ to the respective level range. (OPQ =/> 2nd job skills, MPQ =/>3rd job skills). This is a possible change since it has been done on other servers and I was told by the person who did it that it was fairly easy, and was actually successful in the intended implementation.

OPQ and MPQ are very technical PQs that involve puzzles, and very little mob killing. A level 200 character restricted to 3rd/2nd job skills does not accelerate the run more than a minute or few seconds on average, so there is a minimal advantage. This would allow players not to be bottlenecked to certain activities. Also, this should be a permanent change outside of the event because of the recent OPQ/MPQ reward buffs. It allows players to get the gloves/amulet and not be level locked once outside of the level range. This would increase traffic at those PQs indefinitely to obtain those items and engage old players with new players in a PQ that involves communication. **EllinPQ and Pirate PQ might be included in this solution, but that's another debate due to the power of those earrings/hat and the nature of how Mob killing dependent these PQs are. At least increase the level cap slightly for EPQ/PPQ, makes total sense to me**

2. Whether or not there is a weekly cap, the Raffle is only limited for older players by #ofALTS, but APRs are capped for all players that need them, even though they are untradeable. I have been reading a lot on forums here, and there are issues with Mesos injection declared by the community and is widely debated. If I'm not mistaken, Raffle is being farmed and directly impacts the economy, while APR farming is solely dependent on the player helping him/herself. This seems backwards to me, which could use a timely solution or just noted for future events. A possible solution may be limiting raffles in some way other than a hard cap. Any ideas? I'm not 100% sure about that. A cap was a good start though, just has loopholes and negative side effects. Pretty much why my only solution thus far was to just increase the cap, it decreases the restrictiveness for newer players.

- - -

I do not agree with any nerfs of the current design of the Event as mentioned by some here. Nerfs suck. Nobody likes them, and they 9/10 feel pointless as they usually are circumvented or just ruin everything. I also don't feel that they are warranted in this situation, the speed of obtaining Points is fine for most. Massive boss runs are pretty fun and new for a lot of people, learning PQs that people have never done, meeting new people, grinding in parties, it's all so engaging.

In summary, it just needs slight adjustment for certain level groups that's for sure, it's too difficult for 100-135 without PQs. And I feel that the cap isn't really reaching its goal of constricting certain aspects of the game that may be damaging, yet only restricting players that don't have a lvl 70+ for the raffle/without alts. I disagree with restricting the further flow of APRs, as they are Untradeable and hurt nobody in the process.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    8:43 PM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    The entire cap system should be removed, it's too low and makes everyone just mule in hpq with alts

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  7. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Whatever point limit it should be, I think it is fine to leave it to the post event feedback thread for a discussion.

But fixing the nothingness from 101 to 124 should really be done asap, It is a huge oversight when this event was being planned.
    PPQ and MPQ should be extended to 124 really, at least for now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Points from bossing doesn't get very good until you hit zakum levels...

9. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    I believe at 125 you can get cwk boss at 8x5 points per run, for a totally afk-able run. I think it is a good as it can be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    3:43 AM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Bossing points gets really easy once you hit krexel/scarga, and then lvl 163/169 for NT content.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    11:43 AM
    So I was pretty drunk last night and wasn't really articulating myself too well.

First of all, we need to look at what the 500 point cap was actually trying to achieve. It's my understanding that the point of it was so that both casual and hardcore players would be able to get similar rewards out of the event. If this is wrong, staff can correct me, and everything else I am saying will essentially be moot, since it's based on a false premise. It's also worth remembering that the event rewards are a bonus over what you get from normal gameplay. Most hardcore players are happy to spend hours upon hours grinding outside of event time where they aren't getting these rewards. When you've hit the cap, you still receive more exp than usual from anything you're doing because of the event EXP.

With that in mind, and the assumption being that everyone who is playing the game a reasonable amount (maybe 2-3 hours a day) should be getting 500 points in a week, we can see that the staff were aiming for players to essentially choose between 62 AP resets, or 20 raffles (or a mixture of the two + other small things, but I'll stick to APRs and raffles to make things simpler). Whether you agree with that limit or not, I can pretty much guarantee that the staff had these numbers in mind before releasing the event and that a lot of discussion went into deciding that these numbers were reasonable as the maximum rewards attainable.

As far as I'm concerned, there are three failures of the system that has been implemented and none of them are that the cap is too low:

1. The different categories for obtaining points are needlessly restrictive, especially to players in certain level ranges.

Ignoring for a second that people from 100-120ish can't reasonably earn all 500 points in a week, even if you were able to do all of the categories, that may not be how you want to play the game. If someone wants to only PQ, for instance, they should be able to get the full 500 points from PQing and not be forced to grind mobs if they don't want to. Likewise, if I don't want my full int assassin to just be carried by strangers in PQs (there is nothing I find less fun in gaming than being carried), I should be allowed to solo-grind all of my points. Many 4th job players only log on for bossing content. People have their preferred way of playing and while I think it's ok to encourage people to do things they wouldn't normally by offering a greater than usual reward, people shouldn't be railroaded into it.

2. There is huge disparity between how fast different methods will gain you points

It surprises me that despite the primary complaint of this thread being that you can get to 500 points in just a few hours of gameplay, people are against nerfing the methods being used to reach 500 points in just a few hours and saying that the rate of obtaining points is fine. Asking for the cap to be raised instead just seems like people are misunderstanding the point of the cap. The staff don't want people earning too many rewards from the event. Either way, though, if you do disagree with nerfing PQs and other methods of points gain, I really feel that the coin drop rate should be increased since it is WAY slower to get the points through grinding than anything else and, for a lot of people, grinding is going to be the primary source of points (as a side note, am I really the only person who sees grinding as the core gamplay of maplestory?).

3. The raffles aren't restricted to a person, but rather to a character.

This is actually the biggest of the three problems by far, but honestly, I can't think of a good solution to this. I can think of ways to mitigate it, but nothing that would stop someone truly determined to get 400 raffles, or that wouldn't just cause huge amounts of hassle for people. It's a shame because restricting raffles would actually be a big help towards the wild price changes we tend to see on big ticket items during events. Scrapping the cap entirely, however, is a TERRIBLE solution, like cutting your head off to cure a headache. This problem isn't inherent to having a cap, but caused by means of circumventing the cap.

This does actually tie in a little with point 2, though. Nerfing how fast people can earn points, particularly in content where you can multiclient a mostly afk mule (like PQs and high-numbers boss runs), would help a lot.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I haven't done cwkpq yet but from what I was told you don't really go there before level 140. So that just leaves you with Latanica 4 points daily and Rav/Pap 20 points daily until you hit 135 for Zak. It's more of an observation than a complaint btw.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 8TEEN

8TEEN Chronos

Apr 28, 2020
    Female
    Macbeth, Viona, Torrie, Wilson
    Paladin, Bishop, Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    While I agree with the said problem from yurain, I don't think PPQ and MPQ should be extended to 124. All mage classes have their ults at 120, resulting in even faster speed runs. These PQs will be geared towards a higher demand for mage classes.

This also assumes that every other 125 char has a character eligible for cwk, or is in an active guild that regularly hosts cwk that they can join.
    Which I think is highly unlikely if they are new on the server.

Basically tldr, I think there should be more content for characters between 101-135 to gain event points.

• Agree Agree x 10
  14. thsscapi

thsscapi Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    Jizoical, ZackSparrow
    F/P Arch Mage, Corsair
    Lemonade
    Disclaimer: I would like to point out that I:
    • am essentially a new player in this server (I've played previously, then stopped for a long while).
    • am a very casual player, never having taken part in Zak or HT, and no plans to ever do so.
    • LOVE questing (waiting for the day the 800-quest medal is added, if ever).
    • HATE grinding.
    • am in this server purely for the old-schoolness (which to me is the community and social aspect).
    All of that basically means I spend all my Vote Cash on cosmetics. Zero AP Resets even on ranged characters. Also that I don't mule.
    So, I believe players like me are a tiny, tiny minority, but I would still like to share my 2 cents. Just keep in mind the above points and take my 2 cents as 1 cent.

I 100% agree with this. We all play games that we like. MapleStory is one of those games that covers multiple genres, and it would come as no surprise that most players in MS (all servers) has a character dedicated to, and optimised for, each type of content. I am only in the level 6X, so getting points is relatively easy. That said, I don't like that I cannot just PQ for all of my 500 points, as I don't very much enjoy the other options, especially grinding. I do understand that this is a nitpick though, as there are plenty of options, even though they don't appeal to me personally.

This would be the opposite for me. If there was no limit, I'll feel like I have to play just to get the most out of this event. I love collecting limited edition stuff, and I'm actually glad that the cosmetics from this event are mostly temporary, as I'll feel terrible if I don't get enough points to "collect them all". With a cap, even a low cap, once I hit it, I feel like I have gotten the most out of this event and I'm satisfied. I don't feel like I'm missing out since everyone hits this cap as well.

Allow me to use an analogy. (Thanks for bearing with me.) It's like having a contest where each participant is given a $500 budget to buy whatever they want, and whatever you spent would be reimbursed to you, the remaining forfeited. Some would spend it on essentials, like food. Some would buy "useless" stuff, like a gaming chair. In the end, it all feels fair. With no budget, it's no longer fair. Someone could spend $1000 and get $1000 back. If you only had $100 to start with? Too bad for you.
    The $500 fair contest is where everyone spends some time (limited time) to get 500 points, to spend on rewards. The no budget contest is where those who play 24/7 (unlimited time) get 5000 points, while the rest get 1000. It's really hard to know what number to cap on, but I'm glad there's a cap.

All that said and done, thanks for bearing with my 2 cents. Don't forget to only treat it as 1 cent. Thanks for reading.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  15. Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    It looks like a lot of players are having issues with the anniversary points not resetting. A lot of players are trying to farm out points on several characters because that's the only way to obtain more points. These issues with points not resetting is stressful for players, since you could potentially miss out on a week of anniversary points. It's also unnecessary work for staff to fix all character issues related to points not resetting, I'm sure there wouldn't be as many reports if players could just farm unlimited amount of points with one character. Less people muling2win, less people will report issues with points not resetting. Having no limits on points would help both the players and staff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Personally I am fine with the cap. I feel like if there is going to be a cap in the first place it shouldn’t be too big. Just the mere idea that you are “supposed” to cap points lends people to playing more then they would before. I feel like if the cap was raised too high it could cause burnout for some players.

I do agree it can be to easy to cap points though. There is already the golden gacha to compensate grinding, so perhaps instead there can be no limit on points from event related things. So you can do the event pqs and jqs freely with a daily cap instead maybe? Or maybe earn points at a nerfed rate or something. For example you could make grinding worth 2 points but when you get to 250 you only earn 1 point instead. Just spitting ideas

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Also can I just say that the whole idea that you have to play different parts of the game is not really as bad as anyone makes it out to be? There should be easier methods for levels 100-120 to earn points, but no I think it’s actually healthier to experience different parts of the game both in a social and personal enjoyment level. The points aren’t really hard at all to earn it doesn’t take that much PQing or grinding so i think it would be unfortunate if this aspect got changed because someone doesn’t want to PQ for 3 hours out of a week.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    6:43 AM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I understand what you are saying but I have to disagree personally. In the end this is a game that we are playing because we want to have fun. Forcing a type of gameplay onto someone who doesn't like that content just so they can get a reward for an event doesn't feel fun for the user. This isn't school, a job, or a camping program. People come here to play and have fun in the way they find fun and not everyone finds the same tasks fun. Not wanting to play a leisure game the way you don't want to is not unhealthy. I would argue it is more unhealthy to force yourself to do what you don't want to do.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    1:43 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    I don't necessarily believe that one is forced to play a certain way because there are plenty of categories to suit everyone's style. However, this event does encourage you to seek out other ways because it rewards those other ways when past events did not, such as PQing and bossing.

Also about capping the points, its just that we are given a number to cap for the first time so people feel the need to cap in order to maximize rewards, if there was no cap people would still maximize rewards by grinding in the event hot spots like HHG2/BL5 to get the most out of what the event offers, perhaps that is simply a sweaty mindset.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I'm pretty sure every big event "forces" you to play a certain way. There was the daily JQ, quests, boss rush, quiz, pq. This event is actually great because instead of having 2-3 event currencies that actually forces you to grind each one if you wanted their reward, this event allows you to just boss/grind for 500 points (which people typically do already), with the added option of PQ/JQ and the points are all interchangeable.

In prior events without the 500 cap, I doubt most people naturally got that many anyways. The cap just makes people feel FOMO.

• Agree Agree x 6