1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Party Composition Skill and Bossing Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Koneko, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Koneko

Koneko Orange Mushroom

Jan 21, 2021
    Female
    9:02 PM
    KonekoDxD
    Bandit, Chief Bandit
    Hey Guys, I had an idea that I think could be cool? I haven't really thought too much on this and personally I just want to bring it to the table so if someone already had this idea or something similar to it please post the suggestion link below. Also I'm not even sure how this would be implemented but I have an idea.

When bossing, your party composition should matter.

For example, having a "warrior" class in your party should boost your defensive capabilities.
    having a "damage dealer" should boost your offensive capabilities.
    and having a "support" / "healer" should boost your recovery / something else which I can't think of because I'm brain dead.

so I'm not a bosser so please keep that in mind. I'm not talking actual "buffs" to skills such as Hyper Body and other skills.

I was thinking more along these lines:

Paladin - Sacrifice Paladin takes Damage for the Party, allowing higher survivability, for the party. (up to a certain percent threshold) AND Protects Party from Death by sacrificing themselves. When the Paladin DOES die, the party is fully healed [Paladin basically dies for the FIRST death in the run and Full Heal's the party]. While the Paladin is dead, the Party takes their normal damage from enemy attacks.

Dark Knight - One for All Damage dealt is increase based on Average Party HP Percentage. (5% increase if Party is healthy. 10% decrease if party is unhealthy). HP Thresholds for Damage increase/decrease can be discussed below. Party deaths/dead do not affect One for All.

Hero - Morale Boost Flat Damage increase of X amount. Where X is a number. OR Party Stance of up to 30-50%. Does not stack with any existing stance skills.

--

Bowmaster - Critical Rise. As the party takes Damage, the % chance to deal a Critical Blow (for the whole Party) increases. [Every time the party member takes a hit, the Crit % increases by 1% until a Critical Hit is proc'd] (For Example: If the % chance bonus is 15% and a party member hits a crit, then the whole party's crit bonus is reset). The Bowmaster does NOT get the crit % chance bonus and their crits do not reset the % chance bonus. Stacks with Sharp Eyes. (Might be too OP)

Marksman - Armor Piercing. As the party takes Damage, the % chance to deal a "piercing" blow (for the whole Party) increases. [Every time the party member takes a hit, the % chance to deal a blow that ignores ALL defense on the enemy increases by 1% until Armor Piercing Blow is proc'd] (If Armor Piercing is proc'd with a party member then the chance to ignore defense on attacks will reset for the whole party)

--

Bishop - Over-heal by 5% of MAX HP. For example if a Bowman has 5,000 HP. If the Bishop casts Heal when the party member is fully healed, the Party member can gain an extra 5% of HP towards of their total HP. So the Bowmaster will have 5000+500 Hp after Over-heal. After taking damage that cuts into normal (non-overheal) HP. Over-heal goes on cooldown for 120 seconds. So if the whole party is Over-healed and someone's hp goes under their usual Max Hp. Then everyone's overheal is dispelled and Overheal goes on cooldown.

Ice/Lightning Mage - Enchant Weapon Enchant the Party's weapons with Ice OR Lightning Magic to the Party's weapons to target weaknesses. However, constantly drains mage's MP as the party attacks. (X mp decrease per skill from party member)

Fire/Poison Mage - Enchant Weapon Enchants the Party's weapon with Fire OR Poison Magic to the Party's weapons to target weaknesses. However, constantly drains mage's MP as the party attacks. (X mp decrease per skill from party member)

--

Buccaneer - Buff Boost % Chance to increase overall buff duration when party is casting buffs. For Example: Let's say Nimble Feet is cast and has an uptime of 10 seconds. If Buff Boost proc's, then Nimble Feet will now have an uptime of 15 seconds. When Buff Boost is proc'd, it will then go on cooldown for 90 seconds. (Couldn't think of anything good so let me know your thoughts below)

Corsair - Captain's Flag The longer the corsair is in his ship without having ship broken, the more damage the party deals up to a certain threshold. However, if Ship is broken, then ship cooldown time is extended. (never played Sair to awaiting suggestions below)

--

Night Lord - Party Wide Shadow Shifter % Chance to proc Shadow Shifter on Party Members. If Shadow Shifter proc's for a party member then the next hit will be a Critical Blow. After Shadow Shifter proc's for a party member, the Night Lord will be unable to Shadow Shift for X attacks (1 *times* amount of party members present and alive) that deal damage dealt to him. 5 party members, 5 times that Shadow Shifter will NOT proc.

Shadower - Party Wide Meso Guard % Chance to Proc Meso Guard on Party member(s) once every 30 seconds. If Meso Guard proc's on a party member. It goes on Cooldown for 30 seconds for that Party Member. However, if the whole party proc's their Meso Guard passive, then the Shadower's Meso Guard will dispel. Also consumes a handful more mesos from the Shadower.

--

Beginner - Life Save % Chance to negate damage that would otherwise kill party members. After proc'ing, then Life Save will go on cooldown for 200 seconds.

--

However, only ONE or TWO, of these "Party Composition Skills" can be chosen before the run begins.

How I think this should work:

The NPC(s)/Portal(s) that let you into the BOSS fight will let you choose which Party Composition Skill you will have for the boss fight.

So If your Party Composition is:

1) Paladin
    2) Bowmaster
    3) Night Lord
    4) Bishop
    5) Dark Knight
    6) Corsair

You will have to choose between the Five Party Composition Skills:

Sacrifice - Paladin
    Critical Rise - Bowmaster
    Party-Wide Shadow Shifter - Night Lord
    Over-heal - Bishop
    One for All - Dark Knight
    Captain's Resolve - Corsair

Disclaimer: I just thought this was a cool idea to make bossing fresh and allow for more diverse party's when it comes to bossing. Can also help party's survive depending on which party comp skill is chosen. In no way or form do I expect this to be implemented because it's way too custom for this server. I just thought it was really cool and wanted to share my idea. All Party Composition Skills can be discussed below and changed accordingly.

Please let me know if anything doesn't make sense and or is misspelt.

Edit 1: Added "For Example" to Bowmaster PCS.
    Edit 2: Elaborated on Bowmaster's PCS.
    Edit 3: Changed Term in Marksman's PCS.

• Creative Creative x 14
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Very cool idea!

The percentage to proc for Life Save could be related to the level of the perma beginner for extra memes :heartbeat:
    • Maybe…. % proc = level / 2

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    1:02 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    That's fun, but alot of custom and abuseable, people are going to mule it or just shadowers going to be more irrelevant, all of that party skills looks amazing, but meso guard proc with 30 sec cooldown seems 99% useless, i don't think surviveability it's a thing when we can choose more attack, and buccanner was pretty meme tbh, but i can't think in anything better, u did a creative job at all

4. OP
    OP
    Koneko

Koneko Orange Mushroom

Jan 21, 2021
    Female
    KonekoDxD
    Bandit, Chief Bandit
    I see what you mean. I was thinking up ideas on the spot. In the beginning of my post, I did say that I didn't put much thought into this. Since Time Leap had something to do with cooldowns, I wanted to honor the opposite of that. Overall, I'm hoping to get some ideas from the community. It is way too custom but I think could feel more along the lines of: Tank, Damage Dealer, and Support/Healer like in other MMO's. Hence, how my suggestion was born. But giving everyone the same "bonus" just didn't sit well with me, So I tried to mix it up. If any of you have great idea(s), feel free to post below.

Perhaps for Buccaneer, there could be a chance for Time Leap to cancel it's cooldown when a Party takes damage, or dies, allowing the Bishop to Ressurect twice in a run (or more depending on how OP it could be).

As for Shadower, I was thinking more along the lines of survivability. But, I think I might have another idea.

Shadower's Party-Wide Smokescreen % Chance to Proc a small smokescreen that covers that party member. (Can only protect one party member and doesn't last as long as actual Smokescreen). Each Party member will have to proc it for themselves. After proc'ing, it will go under cooldown for X seconds. If the whole party manages to proc their smokescreen in the same timeframe, Shadower's Smokescreen skill will go off cooldown. (Sounds too OP LOL).

OR

Shadower's Poison Dagger Low % Chance to proc Poison status on Boss that cannot be dispelled for whatever reason for 5 seconds. Dealing a range of 0.1~1.0% DMG of Current Boss' HP.

Also for Corsair

- Captain's Dice Roll % chance to roll a die that numbers from 1-6. If the roll is 1, 16 Weapon Attack, a roll of 2 will be 32 weapon attack, and a roll of 6 will be 116 weapon attack/magic attack buff for the party for a few minutes? (Sorry being a little rushed by irl stuff, I'll come back and look it over)

• Creative Creative x 4