1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Regarding Final Attack..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tenkuuke, Apr 4, 2023.

1. tenkuuke

tenkuuke Red Snail

Mar 15, 2023
    8:21 PM
    Excalia
    Fighter
    Hi, newbie here.

Just yesterday I read about FA being a terrible skill... Is it really that bad? My single target dmg seems a lot better with it. But slash blast being negatively impacted by it does suck :<

How much of a detriment is it in 3rd/4th job?

2. ooShawnyoo

ooShawnyoo Dark Stone Golem

Sep 17, 2021
    Male
    Montreal
    11:21 PM
    Frenzied
    Until you stop using Power Strike and Slash Blast, it will always be a problem.

Your Slash Blast will suck. Whenever it triggers your character is stuck in place during the animation and you have no control of when it happens. You also use SP on those skills that could perhaps be more practical on others.

In the end it's just awful in its current state :/

3. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Don't do it! Put those SP into another skill. Final Attack is worthless for warriors and hurts your DPM. If you're an Archer, it's detrimental!

If the GMs ever find a way to learn the coding behind this feature and increase the damage by a factor of 5-10, then it'll be a useful skill. Until then, it's just an infectious disease.

4. OP
    OP
    tenkuuke

tenkuuke Red Snail

Mar 15, 2023
    Excalia
    Fighter
    dang it... it's too late :( already have it at 30!

Would it be possible for a gm to reset my sp? Or would I have to buy the sp resets from cash shop?

5. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    It's a cool skill, put a few points in it for fun. There's no long term detriment, your training will just be a little bit slower in 2nd/3rd job

I wouldn't max it though, you won't have enough SP since it's better to prioritize Master + Booster + Rage + Power Guard

6. OP
    OP
    tenkuuke

tenkuuke Red Snail

Mar 15, 2023
    Excalia
    Fighter
    Unfortunately, I found out just yesterday and my warrior is lvl 63 -_-;; really wish I looked up a guide first :<

7. GooBeR

GooBeR Master Chronos

Aug 29, 2021
    I have not tried this but I believe this has been recommended to people who put points into Final attack.

There should be something done about this. How many people have ruined their characters by maxing out final attack? There could be a warning on the skill description to not put points into it.

8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    5:21 AM
    Moderator Post
    Even if we buffed it, you would still lose DPS if you 1 hit KO mobs because you end up wasting time on slashing an extra time. Just a very poorly designed skill

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. SaviorSword

SaviorSword Dark Stone Golem

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    10:21 PM
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    Replace it with Physical Trainin'? :X

https://maplestory.fandom.com/wiki/Physical_Training

10. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    You can remove all points put into Final Attack with SP Resets. If you've maxed your SP in 2nd Job and cannot reset any more into lower job skills, there is still a way. This assumes you're 3rd or 4th Job at this point...
    1. Level Up
    2. Put Fresh SP into a 1st Job Skill
    3. Use a 3rd or 4th Job AP Reset (whichever you currently are). Take an SP out of Final Attack, replace it into a 3rd or 4th Job Skill.

It may take a couple of levels to fully reset (I had to with my Sniper and still need to with my Ranger), but you'll never permanently destroy your character unless you've maxed Final Attack and are level 191+.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    tenkuuke

tenkuuke Red Snail

Mar 15, 2023
    Excalia
    Fighter
    the sp resets only do one sp per use right? Is there a bulk buy version? Or do I have to purchase them one by one?

12. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    5:21 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    tbh, its something that has always circled in my mind.

Whats stopping the team to edit the skill into something completely different?
    Like a general +critchance% ? or increased class stats (str/dex I guess)

Given the skill already exists, whats the determining hard part of completely revamping the formula / action the skill gives to the player?

13. ooShawnyoo

ooShawnyoo Dark Stone Golem

Sep 17, 2021
    Male
    Montreal
    Frenzied
    I would just buff the Slash Blast damage and remove the animation so the extra hit just happens while you can just keep moving and attacking.

14. OP
    OP
    tenkuuke

tenkuuke Red Snail

Mar 15, 2023
    Excalia
    Fighter
    I wonder if a GM would be kind enough to reset my 2nd job sp...

pweez :3

15. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    I wouldn't count on a GM SP reset

But you can do what the poster above said regarding 4th job resets. This doesn't cost you any extra NX in the long run, since you would want to SP wash anyway to move 1st/2nd job skills into 3rd job.

In the mean time you can leave Rage unmaxed, I think it's the most replaceable skill since you can buy ciders

16. OP
    OP
    tenkuuke

tenkuuke Red Snail

Mar 15, 2023
    Excalia
    Fighter
    Alrighty, thanks a ton everyone. Going to just buckle down and reset SP one by one.

17. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    petition to remove final attack skill

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I think Final Attack should be changed so that it replaces the attack and the animation rather than triggering an extra attack afterwards. That would go a long way in making it feel less clunky and detrimental.

19. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    12:21 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    if it ger disabled for the mob skill, and get a buff to be fast on the single target skill to made heros for example charge combo fast

for dk, dk will go for hybird anway

for pages: dont think any negative point on my suggestion

20. Doguu

Doguu Pink Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
    I/L Wizard
    I'd think the easiest fix for FA is making it an active toggle for now, maybe it deserves a rework but idk enough about the skill to say what that should be.