1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Monster Book Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by GooBeR, Apr 12, 2024.

1. GooBeR

GooBeR Master Chronos

Aug 29, 2021
    9:39 PM
    1. Make a copy of spreadsheet
    2. Start from the top to the bottom
    3. Black out finished monster

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19axJA8lu-V9j6uD_sojxqpa1k6s3gtqjk1okFPgrzK8/edit?usp=sharing

Who is this guide for?

This guide is useful for everyone but I believe you will get the most out of this guide if you have a high level mage and a high level mobbing character (Shad, Bucc, DK). Though a bucc will have trouble in aqua road since they cannot use certain abilities while swimming. And a DK has recently had their Roar drop rate nerfed. Though, a DK might even be more successful in certain maps since it has better drop rate than mages but better attack area than shad/bucc. I did not test this as I do not have a DK.

While I have found the existing monster book guides useful they are lacking. So I have reordered the monsters in a more efficient way. The main guides have you gathering excess cards and some maps are just inefficient.

Make your own copy of the spreadsheet, I have one for each of my characters. Cross out or black out finished monsters.

This guide is meant to be read from top to bottom but it is split up into areas so you can start wherever you want. After you have finished the main monster you will move on to the next row, secondary monsters have a better map. Boss monsters and area bosses are not recommended since they are heavily camped. They are better off being passively farmed while you do other things than actively wasting your time looking for them.

Tips are sprinkled throughout the spreadsheet but mostly on the recommended column.

I have been working on this guide while working on 9 different character's monster books. While there may be inaccuracies in my attempt to quantify drop rates and recommend monsters I believe them to be mostly correct. But the sample size is too small and inconsistent for me to be truly sure.

GOOD drop rate means the average time it took me to collect 5 cards (this can be a single set or from multiple mobs) is less than 20 minutes. MEDIUM drop rate is less than 40 minutes. A POOR drop rate is more than 40 minutes for a complete set. I usually run a timer on my phone to collect results. I believe platforming plays a large role in the total time that is why you will see some maps with less mobs being recommended above worse platforming large maps with more spawns.

This guide is not finished, and as I am being given increasing responsibilities at work and slowly being burnt out from the game it will probably not be finished any time soon. If you believe there are any glaring errors reply to this thread or message me on discord @ponchoochoo

This guide is made in Firefox with Dark Reader because google spreadsheets is too bright.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  2. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    12:39 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    Amazing! Absolutely love the breakdown of approx. drop rate / difficulty, as that was something critical that other monster book guides were missing. Thank you for creating this!

3. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    1:39 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
  4. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    12:39 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    I don't know if additional data points is helpful, from my experience primarily using multi-mage farming for cards, here's the difficulty I experienced for each set ranked by Easiest to Hardest. Difficulty is a hybrid rating representing both the time required to complete the set, as well as the general convenience for doing so. For example, popular leech maps are ranked as Easiest due to availability.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
  5. OP
    OP
    GooBeR

GooBeR Master Chronos

Aug 29, 2021
    9:39 PM
    Thanks for the info, I'll have to double check it with my data when I have time.

• Great Work Great Work x 1