1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideal starting stat spread and equipment progression for a fresh, unfunded Luckless Mage?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Lodsofemone, May 9, 2023.

1. Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    2:58 AM
    Good luck.

That's all I have to say.

2. OP
    OP
    Lodsofemone

Lodsofemone Mano

May 9, 2023
    Male
    9:58 AM
    Beginner
    Hard class to start with? I'm game.

3. Rapskal

Rapskal Chronos

Nov 1, 2017
    Male
    2:58 AM
    Rapskal
    Night Lord
    Lost
    Actually throwing stars and bullets are fairly inexpensive on this server, but there are quite a few valuable gachapon items, so most new players just end up funding themselves with a couple good gacha pulls

4. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    10:58 AM
    Corsair
    A low STR gunslinger is perfectly viable! You'll still want to keep your base STR stat as low as you can though. Just get whatever you need in order to equip your gun.

With a Zakum Helmet you can get a lot of STR and equip a mid level overall scrolled for STR. Aim for around 100 combined STR by level 100 so you can equip a Concerto.

Try to cap your base STR at ~50 and get the rest from gears. I highly recommend card farming for a T10 ring as +10 all stats and 1000 HP is invaluable to a Corsair. Plus you'll get plenty of gach tickets on the way in order to buy some good gears.

Open your tickets in the Nautilus for better odds of pulling Pirate gear, or if you want gear for your Bishop open them in Ellinia.

Try to get as much STR as possible from gears, since Maple Warrior only boosts your base stats, meaning you'll want as much base DEX as possible to get the most out of the buff. Maple Warrior is maxed really late for Corsairs so relying on the buff to equip your gun would be a bad idea.

Avoiding leech is generally a good idea. Though late 3rd job can be a drag sometimes without it. You'll really notice it on your Outlaw. Priests have one of the better late 3rd jobs so you probably wont be too tempted with that character.

Corsair has a pretty rough 3rd job but imo is the best 4th job in the game. Sairs have the best single target DPM, super useful mobility, and people are hella sleeping on Corsair mobbing capabilities. Torpedo is cracked, end of story.

5. OP
    OP
    Lodsofemone

Lodsofemone Mano

May 9, 2023
    Male
    Beginner
    Oh yeah, the ring. Is it at all viable to start working on it immediately as a Magician, or should I wait until Genesis?

6. GooBeR

GooBeR Master Chronos

Aug 29, 2021
    You're going to want to buy leech around level 100-120. Trust me himes, galloperas are slow and boring and take FOREVER especially when priests damage is ass. You could easily pay for it with some apples from APQ. I suspect that level range is where people burn out and don't make it to fourth job.

7. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    10:58 AM
    Corsair
    You can go for cards from monsters your level and get pieces of the ring as you train. Genesis is nice, but it has reduced droprates on this server, so it's faster, but not as fast as you'd think. Classes like Dark Knights, Shadowers, and Corsairs can regularly gather cards faster then Bishops because of this. Though Genesis is still king on maps where you can 1 shot, with lots of mobs, and that you can fully clear every spawn wave.

8. OP
    OP
    Lodsofemone

Lodsofemone Mano

May 9, 2023
    Male
    Beginner
    Alright, much appreciated everyone.

haven't been playing because I'm focused on getting my epic in Everquest P99, but I've been voting every day to stock up on vote cash. Donated a tiny bit too, figured why not. I can get the AP scrolls and a pet now at least.