1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Add GPQ skillbooks to drop table

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by brunandes, Jun 22, 2023.

1. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    7:02 PM
    Taunt30 and ninja storm30 are exclusively from GPQ. As a result they are almost never seen in the fm, probably because GPQ is dead.
    Is it possible to add them to certain mob's drop table? I think most other GPQ skilbooks drop from at least 1 mob.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    6:02 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    at a high enough price people will again run gpq

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    1:02 PM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    That will never happen because both taunt and ninja storm are memeskills

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    What about Ifrit 30 and Elquines 30? I'm not sure if removing any incentive at all to ever get your guild to run GPQ with you is a good idea. Wouldn't it be better to keep GPQ exclusive drops and also try to increase the incentive somehow?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Add those to the list as well. GPQ is a waste of time and those locked skillbooks are not important enough to warrant a good price. Just let people be able to hunt for themselves.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    8:02 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    This reminds me spammed B>ninja storm 30, 100m so few bored guildies farmed that book and sold me.

It happened, and happens.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:02 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    and maybe if gpq had a rework? not just the drops themselves

8. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    If anything that just shows how ridiculous it is tbh. A niche skill having the most expensive skillbook after maple warrior just because the supply is locked behind a meme content that nobody does. Still having to beg people to run it no less.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    4:02 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I personally think that people don't run the PQ because of the food/drinks and the jump parts because its just such a bore to try to complete, unless you're a god at jumping or know where to drop the food/drinks to unlock the next stage.

Stage 1 has that statue puzzle that is just so confusing, food/drinks stage is like where do I place this?, and the spear stage is just a jump quest that people get hit by lasers and trade the spear to complete it.

It becomes a joke when the portals that you have to enter to go to certain parts of the stage to advance to the next stage is also confusing. (I forget these pipe portals all the time, that Ducky would tell me "Cmon, its this portal let's hurry this up, how many times have you completed this before") :(

I still miss Ducky, even though I annoyed the frick out of him with my memory problems :/

GPQ should have something changed so that its not a nuisance to complete stages so that people can run more GPQs to get books to sell or trade to the community or to their guild members.

10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You can solo gpq

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Palladino

Palladino Master Chronos

Apr 26, 2020
    Paladin
    Funk
    I respectfully disagree.

By bringing a friend with a functional jump key, you can completely bypass the parts you find challenging by having them carry you through it. It is a party quest after all.

Regarding the other stages being confusing… I’m sure you can do it with some practice.
    The first stage is quite literally monkey see, monkey do. Statues light up in a specific order? Ok, hit them in that order.
    Food/drink/medal/scroll is just the game Mastermind with fewer options. Completely logical.

However, I do agree that it could use some additional incentives (see: better rewards, exp) for people to run it more often. A small QoL like allowing mounts inside would go a long way for me personally.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    7:02 AM
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    I agree with having additional incentives for running GPQ. I used to run a lot with old guildies for the prospect of getting a Taunt 30 drop.
    The major issue with the current drop table is that it's severely outdated, since the Taunt and Shaolin nerfs destroyed the utility of Taunt and mage summons respectively. The handful of other scrolls are really meh too. Only the NX might be worth it for washing characters. Maybe having a very small chance for various 30s, coin, unique equip, or chair could help.
    Of course, it should be balanced so that it's not OP for people who can solo GPQ in 20min, though it's still physically limited by the number of boxes you can hit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Honestly I'd be interested in exploring non-monetary incentives, especially ones that aren't one-and-done (like skillbooks, unique equips, and chairs). Something like a month-long guild-wide buff that does nothing except display a small icon on the character (similar to valentine's hearts) would be cute. An incentive that encourages the social aspect of GPQ rather than sweaty farming would be nice.

• Creative Creative x 2
  14. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    8:02 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    That's how economy works. Technically I was able to farm alone but I felt lazy, so wished to let others farm it for me, and I had to be responsible for my behavior. Think that's similar with all service works irl. You can do stuffs with your own hand, still calls agent and pay them because of some reasons, and to make them willing to work for you, you need to pay enough price.

If this seems ridiculous, I have no idea what to say. I do know it's meme skill and to fullfill my greed for being perfectionist, I made that decision. If you don't think it's worth to pay like that, you can just skip it - that's another choice.

What you misunderstand is - I didn't beg them, but I just made them willing to work for me, with enough price. You may need to beg them if you don't want to incentive them enough I think.

Remember, there's no The Ten Commandments came from Mountain Sinai written with 'proper price' for stuffs.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    This defeats the whole purpose of gpq then. I agree gpq needs some kind of revamp to incentivise people to run but that is a bigger undertaking, locking some meme skills behind it isn't it.

16. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:02 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    back in days i remember doing duo pretty easy

18. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    My point exactly. Hunting mobs can be a solo activity. GPQ shouldn't.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2023
  19. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    On second thought, there probably is space to add these books to a mob's drop table, just one that isn't farmed so easily.
    This one in particular seems like a good fit: https://maplelegends.com/lib/monster?id=9300028

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Apples should drop from geist baldog too