1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rework dragon roar

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Raso, Jul 6, 2023.

Rework dragon roar?

1. Yes, remove the hitting mobs

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  2. Yes, replace the mob hitting with a buff

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. No, its perfectly fine

33 vote(s)
    80.5%
  1. Raso

Raso Slimy Retired Staff

Jul 2, 2017
    Female
    3:15 PM
    Noctua
    Shadower
    Perion
    Yes hello, its that topic again. With the plethora of DK mules to farm god knows what, we all know something is broken. The broken part is obviously dragons roar, the skill that for god knows why hits a ton of mobs at the cost of....barely anything if you do it the proper mule way.

My proposal? Remove the hitting mobs part of it, or replace the hitting mobs with something that only applies to the caster, like an acc buff or something (whatever BT thinks is balanced and useful for the class really).

Why? Because its a valuable skill for maintaining zerk, for those who actually play DK. For those who mule....A class shouldnt be muled to begin with, stop it.

Thanks for reading my scuffed forum post Foxpat

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. SharpestEdge

SharpestEdge Slime

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    6:15 AM
    SharpestEdge, Celaeno, Adrastos
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    I think making the nx and gach rates just as bad as mage ults or close to it would be a better fix.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. asdsaou

asdsaou Mushmom

Oct 10, 2021
    Male
    asdsaou2
    Corsair
    I feel like roar is a big part of the identity of DKs. Rather than making significant changes to the mechanic of the skill itself, I personally feel that we could just reduce the drop rate like with the mage ults. Doing something like a drop rate change will mostly hit the DK roar farmers, while everyone else who wants to grind with roar is minimally affected.

While we're talking about 3rd job warrior skills, can we fix shout? https://maplelegends.com/lib/skill?id=1111008 Double the cast time of roar. Half the radius range. 30% damage...

• Like Like x 3
  4. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    8:15 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    i can't believe how this is still a problem lol

people really be chasing after yesterday's problems but ngl stop chasing after roar (nerf roar and people go to the next thing) and focus on gach & farming in general. it's about rooting out whatever rot exists within balance team and why they are so structurally unresponsive to the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Raso

Raso Slimy Retired Staff

Jul 2, 2017
    Female
    Noctua
    Shadower
    Perion
    Personally Id prefer to see the core issues fixed instead of battling the symptoms yes, so I guess we sort of agree there. However, the former is pretty hard to do and takes tons of time, the latter is easier and faster to implement. And as much as I know its "yesterdays problem" and people will move on, it is still broken at this moment, and abused by a part of the community. Im sure they`ll move on, and that will also need "fixing", because these people wont stop for anything in search of excessive riches.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    yeah they could temp nerf rates while they work on something new. when i started the journal, i already farmed prob 20k or so gach. i was so convinced that balance team would do something within a week, but 10k gach later, they did nothing. really, it feels balance team is running on endgame 2018 rather than 2023.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    Raso just stop single clienting and make DK's if its so broken to "hit a ton of mobs at the cost of....barely anything".
    How much is this barely anything exactly?

8. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Literally all roar needs is a minimum hp threshold similar to mage ults :')

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    actually that wont change anything

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    It'll make your 20k gach *slightly* more expensive :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    10:15 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Next target will be shads assaulter, which gives good drop rate thanks for single target + mobility so can grind way more effective than hit only skills from other classes + buffed by delay reduce. Many farm-fiesta events proved this is OP already.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
  12. V220

V220 Chronos

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    SoLucky
    Bishop
    Yes, as said before by different people in various forum posts already (kind of beating a dead dog), it is not about roar and BT has to dig deep to find a proper solution to overall gacha/items farming. HP requirement or cost to cast roar is peanuts compared to the benefits of farming with DKs at the current circumstances. And if by any reason BT decided to make roar completely useless, wait 3 weeks until the next "broken" meta pops-up and lasts for another 1 year before repeating the cycle.

13. V220

V220 Chronos

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    SoLucky
    Bishop
    Don't know how you could efficiently multishad with Assaulter tho ^^

14. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    10:15 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Is not about multiclienting, is about 'next superior one'.

15. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    10:15 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    i think something like it is the way, since dont afect casual and new players, but hurts who cast a bit

16. V220

V220 Chronos

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    SoLucky
    Bishop
    Indeed the assaulter strat you mentioned is pretty nice compared to single client strats, but the most efficient farming strat overall (under the current conditions) will always be something that is scale-able with multiclienting.

Again, this will change nothing in the grand scheme... my DKs have 9khp unbuffed, I spend about 100m+ in honsters that last me about x15 hours of farming and belive me, it is worth it.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    9:15 PM
    not really. its aoe is smaller (compared to mage ults/roar). sure, if u can make 16 shads and bstep macro them, props to ur pc.
    all the code needs to do then will be
    IF SKILL=B.STEP: DROPRATE = GLOBAL.DROPRATE/10

18. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Should get ahead of the curve and also make Dragon Fury offer DKs avoid instead of dealing damage, as once Roar is nerfed you can simply re-configure your DK army into a triple Dragon Fury farm and stick them on all of the platforms in Mu Lung. Afterwards we also delete Arrow Rain/Eruption, B Step, Dragon Strike, and all of the other dozens of skills you can effectively use to multiclient farm for gachas.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    9:15 PM
    tbh, i wont mind u do that, but multi platform AOE is just another tier better, especially coupled with stance and 100 cast limit.

20. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I don't think you have to "dig deep" to see that hunting gachapon tickets should give less scrolls and no legendary rewards, and rare tickets should not drop from highly dense or commonly farmed maps.