1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

LGBT

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hidden, May 27, 2015.

1. David

David Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    8:54 PM

...India, China, Sinapore, Saudi Arabia, Russia, Iran, hell almost any middle eastern country, pretty much all of South/Central America, a lot of the Eastern European nations, all of sub-Saharan Africa (not sure what you meant by civilized). The only places MORE accepting than America are essentially Western Europe, Canada, and Australia. Compared to the vast majority of the world, the U.S. is extremely accepting of the LGBT community.

2. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    6:54 PM
    NSFW
    sorry, i have been moderating a game based off of vic 2, so in my mind the words "civilized" and "western" are wrongly synonymous.

i meant the western world

3. miu95

miu95 Slime

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    3:54 AM
    Hestia/Teuta
    Horizon
    My boyfriend is a former drag queen, and he told me that i'm too fishy. That's how gay I am FoxGrin

And honestly I haven't had any problem with being gay in Asia (probably because Vietnam is right next to Thailand). However, according to my BF who lived in the state for 10 years, America is still one of the worst countries when it comes to accepting LGBT community IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    what do LGBT stand for ? (x

5. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender.

Some even argue it should be LGBTQ. With the Q standing for gender Queer.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    so LGBT ignore Asexual people?, or is it more about the i like the same/both gender part of sexuality's ? :p
    well good to know what it stands for at least, I don`t have anything against anyone's sexual preferences FoxF2

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Hidden

Hidden Red Snail

May 27, 2015
    Female
    9:54 AM
    As someone living in one of those "less accepting" places mentioned, I agree that the U.S. have it good. Maybe more so in certain areas than others, but it's still much better than living in a place where gay sex is still illegal and punishable by jail. The U.S. has a long way to go before catching up with some Western European countries though. You guys are awesome.

8. Frost

Frost King Slime

Apr 24, 2015
    Male
    9:54 PM
    Pine
    Sniper
    FaerieCircle
    I'm gay. Nice to know there's so much support here. ^^
    Also, Neko, LGBT/Q is also referred to as LGBTQ+. There's so many gender and sexual identities that the acronym would end up getting ridiculously large. xD

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pills

Pills Master Chronos

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    South Korea
    2:54 AM
    Pills
    [​IMG]

Visual aid:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 17
  10. Reptar

Reptar Timer

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    California
    6:54 PM
    Reptar
    I/L Wizard
    Horizon
    Nowadays the only people in the U.S who don't support homosexuals are usually old farts and brain washed religious people that were taught from a young age that it's ok to pick which parts of the bible you agree with.

My parents are slowly starting to accept gays but I don't think they'll ever feel "ok" seeing two dudes kiss. They were raised in a way that taught them homosexuality is wrong and I can't give them shit for that because I know they're decent people and theyre trying. I'm straight but I've always been a open supporter of gay rights and my views started affecting theirs. The U.S will improve more and more when it comes to it. The more people there are that are open about supporting gay rights will result in others not feeling shameful about supporting it.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  11. KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    I used to be bi until recently and I felt equal attraction towards both genders, but lately I started to feel that being sexually attracted to men is a little bit too abnormal for me and would not suit me well in terms of life style and such. I couldnt see myself having another man as a sexual partner, so today I am straight. But, I have some degree of attraction to Transwomen too.

I think the whole concept of hatred towards LGBT people is really lame. I mean, let them love who they want to love and get laid with who they want to get laid. Who are we to stop them for that, etc. Unfortunately thats not how it is in many countries in the world, but I'm sure if everyone in the world would think in that way, the world would be a better place for everyone. I personally love Transwomen, and used to be bi myself not long ago. So, I am totally with the OP and many others here who feel pissed off over the lack of respect and human rights of many LGBTs arond the world. Stand up for your right to get laid with and feel attraction towards anybody you want!

12. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    I was at a party once, and I dropped my watch on the floor, so when I went looking for it I saw a guy stepping on it while hitting his girlfriend. So I went up to him, and punched him square in the nose. As the blood ran everywhere I told him; nobody hits a girl, not on my watch.

• Like Like x 6
  13. KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    If I had lesbian roommates, believe me when I say I'd take advantage of every SECOND of me residing with them. I'd SHOW them what's sex!! HAHAahahHAhaah[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. moopmoop

moopmoop Brown Teddy

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    America's Hat
    MoopMoop
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    As long as no one turns into something you'd find featured on /r/tumblrinaction, I accept all

• Like Like x 2
  15. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    Pls stop #triggering me

• Like Like x 4
  16. Fjonn

Fjonn Blue Snail

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Fjonn
    Spearman
    Actually I am
    Gay
    I'm Surprised to see so much bi/gay/lesbian people

17. Linnie

Linnie Mano

Apr 5, 2015
    Female
    Linnie
    I/L Wizard
    I'm straight but I don't care what your sexual orientation is. I grew up having a gay brother and I never felt weird about it. My mom also doesn't really care. Plus I have origins from both Japan and Laos and homosexuality isn't really a big deal, it's just treated the same way as a heterosexual relationship: don't show public display of affection (pda).

America is pretty bad but like previous posters have said, it's mainly composed of biased older people (usually Caucasian) with antiquated views and the prejudice is just as bad in other countries.

Go have all the sex you want with whomever you want (given there's consent @_@) and live happily, but this opposes views of certain religions/philosophies/etc. which I won't get into, haha. :p

18. David

David Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    8:54 PM
    This is actually completely wrong. By far and away, African Americans are the most homophobic race in America, followed by Hispanics. Whites and Asians are virtually tied behind them. Take, for example, the voting on California's Proposition 8 (the one that banned same-sex marriage). 70% of black voters supported it, 53% of Hispanic voters did, and 49% of both Asian and White voters did.

I don't think mentioning race was necessary in the first place, but it was incorrect speculation on top of that.

19. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    My mum's gay. I pretty much have like 3 mums at the moment. One is one of my mum's ex-girlfriends who she dated before and after I was born and then raised me for a bit, and another is the current girlfriend of that ex-girlfriend who I've also known for pretty much all my life.

Personally I can see myself dating anyone. I don't look at someone's gender.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Linnie

Linnie Mano

Apr 5, 2015
    Female
    Linnie
    I/L Wizard
    Haha, excuse my ignorance. I think I'm a frog in the well in this scenario. I was referring to the people I've been surrounded by in my life. And nice statistics, it pretty much shows how ignorant I am regarding homosexual rights. @_@