1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

State of archers

Discussão em 'General Discussion' iniciada por TORONTOTOKYO, 8 Junho 2023.

Which is the stronger archer now?

1. Marksman

27 voto(s)
    27.0%
  2. Bowmaster

46 voto(s)
    46.0%
  3. SAME!

27 voto(s)
    27.0%
  1. OP
    OP
    TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

16 Outubro 2021
    10:49
    then what does a BM do? LOL if a MM can do his job equally or even better at everything.

2. yurain

yurain Windraider

30 Dezembro 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Maybe you can start by reading the thread?

3. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

22 Setembro 2021
    Masculino
    19:49
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I think the argument mostly boils down to the majority of the server understanding that both BM and MM are very good and have small niches that set them apart, but overall are closely enough balanced that one of them is not significantly better or worse than the other, while a small very vocal minority focuses only on hyperbole and tries to make out the differences between the two to be both extreme and incredibly debilitating/overpowered depending on what narrative they're trying to push.

At the end of the day the difference in utility and damage between both is minor enough that saying one is garbage just makes you seem kind of ignorant.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

16 Outubro 2021
    at the end of the day, they reroll to NL and buccs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. yurain

yurain Windraider

30 Dezembro 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    The damage wise it is really about there. If you want mixmax/more damage, just play NL pls lol.

I would only ask the newer players, if they are willing to make a SI mule (future bucc if you bothers to stick around for that long) for your MM or not. It is a 4th job mule which definitely gonna take some time to build towards. The rest is really pretty much the same.

Anyway, thanks to the up rising of buccs, it is really much easier to MM nowadays to have SI in HT or something.
    I still wish MM can be less SI reliant, but whatever it is idc, when the only thing you do is PB once a week :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

23 Fevereiro 2020
    Masculino
    19:49
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    It's mostly just unexperienced players who cling onto old rhetoric and don't understand the changes that have been made over the year that better rebalanced the class. You could argue that BMs were pretty shit in the old PB era where statues phase was braindead and less of a dpm check than it is now, but there also have been micro adjustments such as both side sed that favor BMs over others with their lagless hurricane input time.

My personal opinion is that both archer classes can use a bit of a rework (BMs especially) -- mostly lateral adjustments that could highlight/shine in niche uses. There's a lot of room to play/rework the class, especially if you look towards 3rd job skills. Adding more utility in these skills could allow for a more robust experience while not really changing much of the end-game dpm-oriented balance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

16 Outubro 2021
    guess there will always be weakest class. like how heroes are weakest for cleave. bm are weakest for range, in light of newer content.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

8 Novembro 2019
    Masculino
    05:49
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    you feel weak because they buffed the crossbow way too much , just revert the strafe to 4 arrows

also revert critical throw to 25% and 300% damage

Last edited: 27 Agosto 2023
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Dimez

Dimez Stone Golem

6 Abril 2020
    Masculino
    22:49
    Crimez/Dimez/Jake
    Paladin
    Pasta
    I think this is a great thread, love this discussion

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

16 Outubro 2021
    if a class can do (mildly weaker, equal or better) in most considerable content, what does that leave the weaker class with?
    "Hamstring is legitimately a powerful tool that pretty much any BM that has ever run Nameless, Dunas 2, BGA, Anego, Bigfoot, CWKPQ, Samurai, Pap"
    Basically all these bosses rarely/never retaliate against ranged.

the comparison of BM and MM is like hero and pally.
    The same argument goes with hero and pally. A pally can do anything a hero does, mildly weaker, equal or better, which is why players have switched to pally instead of hero.

Nostalgia for hurricane is the only factor fueling BMs. if new content ever gets created, we can expect higher wdef and more DRs. Both gameplay mechanics are weakness to BMs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Pac Pinky

29 Outubro 2020
    22:49
    several years ago when blind first got rework i made MM because i thought it would be useful. now im a clown. (i love my MM im just kidding)

• Friendly Friendly x 1