1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Apply Energy Charge Smart Buff to Concentrate/Enrage

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by beegoratto, Oct 6, 2023.

1. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    3:40 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Energy Charge currently has a unique way of handling its weapon attack increase compared to other buffs in that it does not completely override any existing weapon attack buffs on the user, and only temporarily overrides them. What this means is that you can use a Coke Zero Pill to increase your weapon attack by 15, fully charge bubble to get 20 weapon attack for 1 min, then after bubble ends you will return to the Coke Zero Pill buff of 15 weapon attack. For any other weapon attack buff in the game such as Rage, Enrage, and Concentrate, assuming you overrode a lower attack buff, after the buff ends you will return to a state of no buffs, or 0 bonus weapon attack.

It would be nice for the Energy Charge buff handling to also be applied to Concentrate and Enrage, to help ease buffing attack in the 2 minute window of downtime during these buffs and make Coke Zero Pills viable on Bowmasters, and Energizers and HT Egg Buff viable on both Bowmasters and Heroes. This would also prevent the need for Heroes to recast Rage at unnecessary times during party play.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Gino

Gino Brown Teddy

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    6:40 PM
    GlNO
    Dark Knight
    Sleepywood
    Yeah the BM's look a bit weak from what I saw.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    6:40 AM
    Rage wipes out the 1hour premium dish attack buff too...

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    5:40 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    wtf they had this too?

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    6:40 AM
    Honestly i thought it was just a coding limitation for buffs that applies for everything. So clearly buccs are different wow

6. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    7:40 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    gm buff should give 21 att and 1% more hs to no cause this issue (i dont think it is to op, anyone can correct me)

great suggestion if can be implemented

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  7. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    7:40 PM
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    Seems like it worked like this originally but wasn't implemented correctly.
    I mean, imagine rebuffing <=20 att pots every ~1 minute LOL buccs can't really control when it triggers except by not attacking

https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...sser-equal-buffs-instead-of-coexisting.40616/

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  8. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    12:40 AM
    Moderator Post
    Energy Charge works differently from other stat buffs - since it has two states (charging vs. charged), and its bonuses must only be taken into account when the bubble is fully charged, they aren't treated like regular buff bonuses, but instead, they just get applied during the correct state.
    This is a unique behavior that is part of the original game client, it is not our custom addition. It used to work properly before I recoded parts of the buff system, then I accidentally broke it, and went back to fix it after I was made aware of it.

The suggestion is interesting. I won't discuss the balance aspects of it, so I won't accept nor deny it, but from a technical point, it would require adding this specific handling for other buffs in the client, which, unless I'm forgetting something, is not really a monumental task, since we already touch parts of that code for other custom changes.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1