1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted [Suggestion] Non-NX equipment covers

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Soblet, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Juneriffic56

Juneriffic56 Slime

Feb 4, 2023
    Female
    9:01 AM
    JuneBleep
    Hero
    Funk
    As someone who hates how the maple shields look, this is a huge suggestion to be accepted. The base warrior shields look really cool and heroic, but due to their 7 slots they're so much less optimal compared to the Maple Shield and Maple Warrior Shield with their 10 slots for scrolling. Issue is, they have this maple leaf theming that makes it hard to fit with most outfits, and the base Maple Shield is just so... tiny and weird-looking. The warrior variant is a little better, but I still don't really like it much. The transparent shield nx cover isn't always a solution either as sometimes you really want to have a shield visible to evoke that Warrior feel.

Either way, can't wait for this feature to be implemented. Most hype feature in a while honestly.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. RemiIia

RemiIia Capt. Latanica

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    bridesmaids dresses please

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. bergdude

bergdude Snail

Oct 5, 2023
    6:01 PM
    yamar
    Dark Knight
    bump

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Kevin Rajah

Kevin Rajah Mano

Apr 15, 2020
    Male
    Malaysia
    12:01 AM
    BunnyBear
    Priest
    I would be using Omega spear for my warrior all the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cody Jones

Cody Jones Orange Mushroom

Nov 27, 2020
    Female
    12:01 PM
    Brawler
    I would love to see some version of this implemented! At this point, I'd take a donor only transmog or something. That's not ideal, but it's something
    Edit: I forgot to say what I'd want! The level 25 warrior helmet "Iron Burgernet Helm"!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2024
  6. RemiIia

RemiIia Capt. Latanica

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    Crystal Ilbi skin (donor only)
    120,000 points, yes. I'm ok with that

• Like Like x 1
  7. RemiIia

RemiIia Capt. Latanica

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    for me it is the bamboo spear~
    but I don't know why it is sooooooo rare.
    1/7000~10,000 gachapon pulls

8. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    I've seen this done before and absolutely loved that feature. I'm not a big fan of most NX and usually prefer the design of the older school maple items. Unfortunately due to bathrobes/statless builds/zhelms/pacs ect we skip over 90% of the gear.

Ive seen this done with a fusion anvil and it worked well but was a bit of a pain to use at times, but I was still very happy to have it.
    But my favourite way that I have seen it executed was with the use of a cosmetic tab/equip tab. You could simply swap to the cosmetic tab and toss in any piece of gear(NX or regular) and it would work as NX. IE equipping a white guiltian on top of my zhelm, giving me the stats of my zhelm while it appears my character is wearing a level 40 mage hat. It would only let you equip items that your level and class could wear, and you would also have to match the weapon type. It was quite clean, easy to use and worked very well(Mind you the developer said this was not a small task to create).
    It also added a slight value to some items that people now wanted for cosmetic purposes, and gave another thing to do in game by collecting equips for cosmetics.
    Balance wise some warriors claimed certain weapons used as cosmetics gave them larger hit boxes

Last edited: Feb 8, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Juneriffic56

Juneriffic56 Slime

Feb 4, 2023
    Female
    JuneBleep
    Hero
    Funk
    I think this is straight up the most ideal way it could be implemented. Simple and straight to the point.
    Unsure if it'd be simple and straight to the point development-wise, though.