1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The halloween PQ "curfuffle"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lurvic, Nov 3, 2023.

1. Lurvic

Lurvic Slime

Mar 21, 2017
    Male
    4:25 AM
    BarryBadEend
    Marauder
    First of all, I would like to start off this post by saying that I love this server in general and the people who run it for us. I really liked the questline that came with this event and all the cosmetics (and the new FM skin). Great Work!

BUT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LET SATAN DESIGN A PQ!
    Let me explain :)
    The PQ consists of four circles of hell (stages)
    Circle 1: poorly visible jumpquests
    - The jumpquest consists off very small dark platforms and small white puffs of smoke, both will be made largely invisible by the flashy nx equips and effects most people use.

Circle 2: just monotonous
    - This circle is probably the least offensive, but it is still very monotonous and can take up to 2 minutes if your party is unlucky.

Circle 3: I hope you're fluent in english
    - In this circle you will be sent to click on bookcases based on riddles. This is fairly easily done if your iq is above what I would describe as "lukewarm" and more importantly you are fluent in english. I've partied with many well meaning intelligent people who just don't have the language skill to solve the possible, making it hell to complete.

Circle 4: your "reward"
    -In this last circle you'll have to capture ghosts, this isn't explained to you, you have to ask the buttler yourself, all the while the clock is ticking. You then have to capture ghosts, which is perfectly fine. But then... After some fiercy ghostbusting, you get kicked out. surely this pq will count towards your 31 traversals of hell to get that cool chair right? WRONG. you have to exit the pq manually by talking to the buttler again. This is not explained to you anywhere and it seems completely unlogical, looking at other bonus stages of pq's in this game.

You have 10 generous minutes to succesfully traverse this hell. If anybody gives up, you're fucked. If anybody dc's, you're fucked. It is absolute agony.

SO, what your guys' opinion of the new pq :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    10:25 PM
    "you have to exit the pq manually by talking to the buttler again. This is not explained to you anywhere and it seems completely unlogical, looking at other bonus stages of pq's"

yup, and i dont remember other holloween butler PQ being like this either

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. soulreload

soulreload Horny Mushroom

Nov 15, 2022
    Male
    11:25 PM
    Deschain
    Outlaw
    NewLeaf
    After the anniversary tower PQ i was very excited for this one, sadly, it just felt off... Also, you dont feel rewarded for doing it, so most ppl wont do it. Maybe, in the future, make a bonus stage, with some interesting scrolls or even coins, like CWKPQ, with interesting stuff, and make it doable once or twice a day only.

For me, it makes no sense to have this PQ in its current state.

(Saying this as a suggestion, i really liked the halloween event vibe and the prestigious coins bonus without exaggerated raffles)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Rapi

Rapi Mano

Feb 14, 2022
    10:25 AM
    Rapi
    Shadower
    A very painful Event PQ.I gave up

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. GooBeR

GooBeR Master Chronos

Aug 29, 2021
    7:25 PM
    Why not have it be only 4 total flames need to be turned in so if you bring 6 people the two slowest or brand new pqers don't slow everyone down.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. NoNick

NoNick Red Snail

Jul 23, 2022
    Male
    5:25 AM
    I give up this PQ
    Not enjoyable at all

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    Hello, thanks for the feedback! I'm gonna address a few points about it.

The first two stages were left as originally designed in MapleStory; I don't think last year's release saw negative feedback on them, which is why they were unchanged. Aside from the fact that routes in the first stage had an uneven difficulty between them, which we tried to address.
    If the visual problems come from weapon effects, I suggest temporarily setting the "WeaponEffects" option in Legends.ini to "false", which should prevent most of the obnoxious effects from showing up on your screen!

As it's been only one day of event so far, we expected a new stage with a riddle like that to present a learning curve, meaning that it's likely that, once people get used to it, and guides come out (there is already one posted, at this time), the overall difficulty will drop.
    While the language used in the sentences is in some cases harder than colloquial English, we tried to leave simple keywords in each of them, that we believe people will get used to look for.
    This is why we're waiting at least some more days, before deciding whether action needs to be taken on this specific part.

The need to talk again with the Butler, in order for the PQ to count, is a mistake. Last year's PQ did not have a reward based on entry count, which is why it feels "different". It will be fixed asap, sorry about that!

As mentioned, we are planning to wait for people to get more used to the new mechanic, before altering anything; however, do feel free to keep giving feedback, especially on the third stage, on the timer, and on the prize lists!
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    Are you sure about that? When I filed a gm report Ariami told me that that's just how it worked last year too...

9. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    Clearing a Butler PQ works in the same way as last year; as soon as you reach the ghosts stage, technically you have already won the PQ. That stage is similar to the "bonus" room in Kerning PQ, with the killable mushrooms, to give an idea.
    What's missing is the action of "add this PQ to the total counter of prize clears", which only affects the progress towards the Chair.

Last year's prizes were the Hat of a Masked Man, for 30 ghost points, and the Cube chair, for 50 points. PQ clears were not involved.

10. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    The amount of teamwork I've seen in stage 3 of this PQ has been amazing, love it. Imo this PQ would be the perfect place to add the coin rewards (at appropriate/low rates) that were taken out of the raffle as it is hardly muleable and would bring together all sorts of players that would otherwise not meet.

I can understand the difficulty for non native english speakers, hopefully as mentioned they can pull through with guides/teamwork.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    Ah that makes sense thank you for clear answer. So that's what was different from last year..