1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Long awaited post- GET RID OF CANCEL WA/MA

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bienfu, Dec 7, 2023.

What should we do with WA

This poll will close on Nov 21, 2024 at 9:05 PM.
  1. Leave it be, it is perfectly fine, it is impeccable design

19.7%
  2. Give options to dispel (i.e. DK/Crusader/WK power,armor,magic crash, etc) or reduce duration

47.0%
  3. Buff mages to be strong enough attackers to warrant bringing them into bossruns (KEKW)

13.6%
  4. Get rid of it completely

18.2%
  5. Get rid of it completely and buff boss HP

16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. OmbReanrd

OmbReanrd Master Chronos

Nov 11, 2020
    Québec
    6:27 AM
    Fara
    Paladin
    Zakky simply didnt find the way to communicate a posture and hydratation check

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    3:27 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Personally, I think WA/MA cancel makes the boss fights more fun and engaging however whatever staff choose to do about it if changes do or don't occur that they would make it more enjoyable for everyone.

3. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    6:27 PM
    i think
    Give options to dispel (i.e. DK/Crusader/WK power,armor,magic crash, etc) or reduce duration
    will cause these classes to be muled, say in HT, as seen in other svrs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OmbReanrd

OmbReanrd Master Chronos

Nov 11, 2020
    Québec
    Fara
    Paladin
    Add a cooldown to crashes or make pally crash usefull
    Power crash shouldnt be touched it would cause zerking issues

5. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Doesn't sound like WC is much of an issue then. Maybe WC should last longer?

6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    upload_2023-12-14_18-26-25.png

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    If the goal is to introduce more parity between mages and attackers, I feel like there's much more elegant solutions than having half the run sitting around doing nothing half the time.

8. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    1:27 PM
    Endorphins
  9. ori ram

ori ram Slime

May 23, 2017
    Male
    1:27 PM
    snipemaster
    Beginner
    no guild
    Bro got the worst takes

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  10. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    The way modern GMS handles this is allow armor crash (which all explorer warriors get) to remove cancels and DR on a cooldown - and the cooldown is tied to the boss rather than the skill itself, meaning that you can't cheat it out by bringing a whole bunch of people with the skill. Though of course this is barely worth a shit there because no boss stronger than pink bean and Cygnus use removable cancels/DR in the first place (Akechi's DR is unremovable for some reason), so after like a couple weeks of progression it becomes only relevant in dojo.

One thing that it can potentially be tuned to do in ML is to help coordinate a short period of burst damage. Short period burst damage as a whole is something that is really not present in old school MS (and by extension ML), with cooldown skills being generally very low CD (eg. Snipe), low impact (eg. Concentrate), or too high uptime to feel like a burst (eg. Super transformation). The only things I can think of that feels close to the concept are smokescreen and DK's hyperzerk. If the dev team ever decides to consider adding burst as a dimension of balance to the game (it will at least be easy to implement since it doesn't really need any concepts not already in the game), I can definitely see cancel removal on cooldown be a part of it.