1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Long awaited post- GET RID OF CANCEL WA/MA

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bienfu, Dec 7, 2023.

What should we do with WA

This poll will close on Nov 21, 2024 at 9:05 PM.
  1. Leave it be, it is perfectly fine, it is impeccable design

19.7%
  2. Give options to dispel (i.e. DK/Crusader/WK power,armor,magic crash, etc) or reduce duration

47.0%
  3. Buff mages to be strong enough attackers to warrant bringing them into bossruns (KEKW)

13.6%
  4. Get rid of it completely

18.2%
  5. Get rid of it completely and buff boss HP

16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.
  1. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    1:31 AM
    secondpink
    Beginner
    I'm 100% certain that at least 95% if not 96.9% of the playerbase finds cancel WA/MA on bosses to be utterly annoying, pointless, and out of anyone's control.

It is an incredibly BINARY system dictated by RNG. Zakum or Scarlion or whatever just randomly decide to cancel WA and you can do NOTHING about it. I think the whole reason why NexCon had this feature in the first place was because they expected parties to be mixed weapon and magic damage, but let's be real, 99% of bossruns dont come in with a mage expected to do much damage.

Not only this system completely and utterly bullshit, it's actually biased in favor more towards stronger attacking parties. Bosses die faster, less chance of them throwing out their bullshit cancel WA/MA. Bosses die slower, then weaker parties are extra cucked eating even more cancel WA/MA.

So, getting rid of it, and even just the staff just want to buff boss HP to compensate (which I would not do), it would at least make the results relatively more equitable betweeen stronger and weaker parties.

I have listed a number of poll options that can address this issue.

Please, Maplelegends staff, after FINALLY getting rid of the 2 sign requirement for CWKPQ, there is hope you can do what should be clearly obvious for the good of this server and get rid of this mechanic that exists only to be ANTI-FUN.

• Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.