1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

DPM Compilation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gurk, Mar 13, 2022.

1. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    7:17 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Some post patch PB dpms, last week I did a full cheese run to see but this run itself was a lot smoother so the dpm was looking great.
    On Cheese and ~1960 tma I had the following DPMs
    [​IMG]

Statue DPM 30 (Echo, MW30, SE, 10 minutes on Thanksgiving Pie, 20 minutes on Cream Shortcake)

[​IMG]

Body DPM 20 (Echo, MW30, SE, Cream Shortcake)

Since some Bucc dc'd they would play on bish during mainbody, I casted 2 ults per mini bean spawn and I expect my dpm inflation to be roughly around 2m
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 10
  2. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    10:17 AM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Finally remembered to grab my gear from my Bucc for once, and did a short body 10 from today. Probably could have pushed a 15 instead of a 10 but wasn't really using my brain at the time.

MW30/Echo/Apple
    upload_2023-12-11_18-58-10.png

Range on Echo and PB buff (no MW or pot) if this is relevant at all :')
    upload_2023-12-11_18-59-30.png

• Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    1:17 PM
    I/L Mage
    Zakum Arms DPM7:
    [​IMG]

Wasn't a perfect run but very close IMO. DPM5 is much more NL friendly imo, but decided to finally do a dpm7 to get on the board. Started top right, then top left, then bottom left very briefly, finishing with bottom right until dpm7 ended.

Top right is probably the most mechanically intensive part of the fight. There is definitely some luck to get a perfect optimization. If you are too far from the arms, you throw into the ground. Too close you risk falling. When you get hit, you need to jump back and throw, but sometimes you throw over the arms. You usually need to throw a few times before you jump back so you don't try and jump when locked in TT animation(or else the jump won't register), but sometimes you end up punching the arms a few times when you get hit( I actually don't know how this the punching works since I feel like I punch the arms when I'm further back, or it could be RNG with Zakum waving arms). Haste is actually detrimental IMO during this stage of the fight so I usually tell other thieves to NOT haste during this part, but usually they don't listen. This run I was the only thief.

Top left side is pretty straight forward, jump throw if you are positioned near the left edge, inch forward if you are upper-middle. I actually screwed up twice by being too middle and falling when I get hit. Recovering is not bad as I keep holding TT and jump throw up when not locked in TT animation. But I probably lost some dpm by jump throwing up to the top platform.

Bottom left is braindead, only thing is you need to drop asap when top arms die. Make sure you don't hit attack limit though. This didn't matter to me since I only spent like 15 seconds here before the 4th left arm died. I didn't bother with the 3rd left arm so I just went right side.

I finished dpm7 with 3rd right arm. This is just like top right but you just worry about all curing when you get cursed. You also don't need to worry about falling, but you need to make sure you keep your distance so you don't punch when you get hit.

Body DPM10:
    [​IMG]
    3 weapon cancels. Not the most optimal run since I got stunned twice. I usually try to squeeze an extra TT before I dodge, but this usually ends up backfiring. I don't actually know if avoiding stuns is particularly necessary for NLs. You lose dpm if you try to dodge them, so I feel like most ideal run would be getting HS most of the time and shifter/miss rest of the the time. I do think that dodging is better long run. But if I were to log a perfect DPM body, I need to get lucky. I usually get 6.7m dpm with 3 cancels with this range. I can only break 7m DPM if there are 2 or fewer cancels.

upload_2023-12-14_21-40-24.png

• Like Like x 1
  4. raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    I/L Mage
    Image got scuffed in first post

Zakum Arms7:
    upload_2023-12-14_21-43-4.png

Zakum Body10:
    upload_2023-12-14_21-42-30.png

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    upload_2023-12-15_22-2-24.png
    Got back into doing HT on mid sair. HT buff/echo/MW30 range. ~20 minutes of cider at the end, HT downed like a minute after finish.

Fairly sure octo is a trap on anything other than wings and arms. My improvements seem to come after skipping those, especially with bad cancels.

• Great Work Great Work x 8
  6. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    2:17 PM
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    Sometimes I feel like that too, but I still try to use them on the right side specially when dodging 1/1s, but I will do some tests without them on future runs as well!

For the record,

Horntail DPM38 (MW30, SI, SE, Echo, HT BUFF, Trlnltyy)

(range on cider, ht buff ended pretty much at the same time as the dpm)
    upload_2023-12-16_10-17-47.png

7. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Echo/SE/MW30/Apple
    upload_2023-12-18_19-6-32.png
    statues 25: upload_2023-12-18_19-6-27.png
    body 15: upload_2023-12-18_19-6-48.png

forgot to trade about 5 dex worth of shit from my bucc but still thrilled with this performance. mini bean spawn timer during body kinda ass but it is what it is. probably honestly the highest dpm im currently capable of getting

8. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    3:17 AM
    Paladin, Bishop, Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    HT dpm 45 - 8.23m
    MW30 / CIDER / ECHO / Boomeraple

lv 184
    7986 range

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 5
  9. Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    upload_2024-1-10_15-44-44.png
    New personal best for bishop. dpm 45 ending with mh very low, other heads dead. mw30/se

most of the run was 1532 magic/wizard elixir. On final 2 head darks I used 1 Banana Graham Pie for 1ko darks with 1632 magic.

• Great Work Great Work x 9
  10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    A bit of a weird data point.
    upload_2024-1-19_0-24-20.png

151 NL - mw20/echo/32 mins htb/13 mins cider

For science.

11. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    7:17 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Something I have wanted to test for a while now was how much dpm inflation there actually is from mini beans during Pink Bean as single Mage clearing beans, which is what I normally do on my runs. Usually my DPM on statues is somewhere between 7m to 8m dpm and on body it tends to hover in the 8m dpm when clearing mini beans alone.
    Last weeks run was a personal best by far when not using matk potions such as apple/cheese.

Body DPM 20 (Echo, MW30, SE, Rice Puff, Clearing mini beans)
    [​IMG]

Now for this weeks run I asked akashskyakashsky to run on his I/L instead and to be dealing with the mini bean spawns the entire run so that I would not be attacking them at all (other than some CL bounces that are unavoidable).
    Statue dpm was honestly a bit higher than I had expected, must say that the run went quite smooth for me and it was easier to manage debuffs against sed and dodge stuns when not dealing with mini beans.

Statue DPM 30 (Echo, MW30, SE, Rice Puff, not killing mini beans)
    [​IMG]

The mini bean inflation doesn't seem all that high during statues when comparing it to my past runs, maybe 1m on a good run.
    As for body the difference is significantly higher which makes sense since the amount that spawns in a lot higher too. It seems to be around 2.5m dpm inflation depending on how many spawn during DRs.

Body DPM 20 (Echo, MW30, SE, Rice Puff, not killing mini beans)
    [​IMG]

Overall quite pleased that I was able to run this experiment and puts more of a number to it instead of guesswork that was done before.
    I still wouldn't recommend bringing Archmages to 30-man runs and probably not run more than two Archmages in ~20 man runs as statue dpm and survivability is a lot more important to runs clearing or not usually.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 15
  12. raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    I/L Mage
    DPM50 6man HT: Ilbis, Echo, SE, HB, MW30, 30 att cake 35 minutes, 40 att cake 15 minutes to make up for ilbis
    This range is without echo, with echo was 7.1k
    upload_2024-1-25_16-28-11.png
    upload_2024-1-25_16-27-24.png

Range was 7.1k most of the run with 30 att cake(ht buff) with echo, was 7.5k for 15 minutes with 40 att cake

Ran horntail around 10 times total, so def very inexperienced. DPM test was mostly on the right side. Was on the left side maybe 10 minutes max. I feel like right side is much harder to get a solid dpm due to statuses/falling. I'm currently trying to figure out to stay on the top platform when right head cancels.

My dpm should increase when I do a late wash in 5 levels because right now I'm basically level 161.

• Great Work Great Work x 9
  13. WackyWarlock

WackyWarlock Dark Stone Golem

Mar 21, 2017
    Male
    WackyWarlock
    Bishop
    All of them
    After many EXTREMELY unlucky helms a new contender joins the battle...

mw20, rage (assassinate only)
    [​IMG]

mw20, rage (boomerang step only 4 target)
    [​IMG]

Mine as well add hero in here too. It should be noted that my hero has the worst gears of all my characters.

mw20, rage (single target)
    [​IMG]

mw20, rage (3 target)
    [​IMG]

mw20, rage, si, echo (single target)
    [​IMG]

mw20, rage, si, echo (3 target)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 6
  14. OP
    OP
    Gurk

Gurk Headless Horseman

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    HT DPM 50 (Echo, MW20, SE, SI, Rage):
    1.1.png

DPM test came back on last arm with a few minutes before clear.
    Only did arm cleaving on right side if MH was cancelled.
    Didn't do any arm cleaving on left side unless both heads were cancelled.

HT DPM 49 (Echo, MW20, SE, SI, HTB + Rage):
    2.1.png

DPM test came back right before clear.
    Greeded a bit more with arm cleaving this run.
    Did two rounds of arm cleaving on right side when RH was cancelled and MH was up.
    Tried jump cleaving on left side when MH was cancelled and LH was up but might need more practice with that. Also not sure if even worth.

Disclaimer: This DPM test was done with an inherited sword :^)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  15. TTKirnk

TTKirnk Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Nov 26, 2017
    Male
    TTKirnk
    Buccaneer
    Carnival
    i have come to give the greatest dpm that no one ever asked for. thats right, i got a dpm10 at mateons!

Mateons DPM10 (Booster, Speed Pills, Hyper Body, Grilled Cheese Buff)
    big fat dpm10 at mateons XD.png

upload_2024-1-28_16-49-2.png
    ah i feel right at home for what im about to say...
    dear diary, after being asked to do a dpm at red porkies, i instead offered to do one at mateons. the amount of tech i have access to is pretty limited, but there were things i did to help out my dpm. the biggest things was that i would try to rebuff only when on a ladder/rope, or midair for a decent amount of time, in order to reduce time wasted with the animations. i also did a lot of jump attacking, so i could move forward while still committing murder upon the aliens. the extra speed from the speed pills also helped a lot, since my ass is quite slow with no mount and what not. i also didnt use a pet because i have 0 pet equips and did in fact manually loot everything myself. i dont normally use attack potions, which is why i chose not to use one for this dpm either to make it more authentic.
    overall, this aint a bad dpm...but as always, im sure theres room for improvement. will i be doing that anytime soon? hell if i know, but this is most definitely a good start for the Beaver either way id say

• Great Work Great Work x 11
  16. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Mateons DPM1 (Booster, SP, Haste)

upload_2024-1-28_14-12-16.png

Would have gotten a higher dpm but Lesthebeaver was ksing me.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Excited for the new Mateon DPM1 meta

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    [​IMG]
    maybe I got lucky but this feels like a really good mateons dpm. Or perhaps the investment in mw20 and wizard elixirs are pulling their weight.

It was also helpful that someone else had killed most of the mobs on one half of the map, so a couple of the gens had big clusters. With the number of mobs hit by genesis, it's easy to hit big numbers. It has some drawbacks like being slow and costing a lot of mp, but bishops might be good at killing mateons anyways.

• Creative Creative x 1
  19. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    PB Body DPM20 x2 attackers with multiple bishops in party for shield
    Bishop on MW30 echo SE pie
    upload_2024-1-29_21-50-57.png

NL on MW30 echo SE apple
    upload_2024-1-29_21-53-32.png

20. OP
    OP
    Gurk

Gurk Headless Horseman

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Auf DPM 40 (Echo, MW30, SE, SI, Gizzer):
    image.png

DPM test finished 4-5 mins before clear.
    5-man run with two cleavers (other being pally).
    Used gizzers so I could avoid having to waste time repeatedly casting rage for party members.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2024