1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 Fix DC in cwkpq pirate boss

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by ljtino3, Dec 16, 2023.

1. ljtino3

ljtino3 Slime

Dec 29, 2022
    3:30 AM
    Buccaneer
    I don't have 100% way to simulate it, But it happened to me or others 10+ times (even after the cwkpq rework).
    In cwkpq, when bosses spawn, the pirate boss can dc whoever gets their dp in the first few minutes or sometimes ever touch him.
    I can only say it's related to the combination of the pirate boss being spawned and his dp skill.

The way that I've seen to semi-work against it, is to hit it a few times from far away enough to not be in the dp skill range, and then get yourself hit by the shark skill a few times (have to take dmg), then you are "immune" from the dc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    6:30 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Pleaseeeee fix ahhhhhhhh

3. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    8:30 PM
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Do you have any other circumstances that might trigger the DC? I haven't been able to replicate it yet.

4. OP
    OP
    ljtino3

ljtino3 Slime

Dec 29, 2022
    Buccaneer
    I just dced when I was on the left platform.
    Maybe it something to do with buccs / pirates..
    but lately half my runs are ruined by these dcs...

5. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    8:30 PM
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Could you or anyone else provide more details around the DC happening? Examples like do you notice a specific class (archer bucc NL), whether you get DP/poison, at the start of the fight, after a certain amount of time, after using certain skills, during puppet aggro, on a certain platform, do cleave ever DC? Basically is there any noticeable pattern or sequence of events that lead up to it.

Edit: Also any risk-mitigating behavior, like avoiding certain things for fear of getting DC'd?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2023
  6. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    7:30 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    i remember i used to get dc'd a lot at pirate too but usually within the first few seconds of attacking it

and look all archer players here (^:

7. OP
    OP
    ljtino3

ljtino3 Slime

Dec 29, 2022
    Buccaneer
    As I said, I'm a bucc so maybe it's related to buccs.
    I did notice that this issue can occur only in the first ~2-3 minutes after the bosses spawned.
    And that it's related to the DP skill of the pirate boss.
    And that it will get you if you are on the same platform, or even on others (maybe it's related to the same height).

Maybe a fix could be. that the pirate boss won't start using his DP skill until he is 90% hp?
    (I'm jus throwing ideas... so frustrated by this..)