1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't Host Events With An Unannounced Length of Time/Reward

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by bienfu, Dec 23, 2023.

How was this event?

1. Loved it

60 vote(s)
    82.2%
  2. Just okay

8 vote(s)
    11.0%
  3. Waste of time

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  4. This was a massive joke

4 vote(s)
    5.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    7:23 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    According to your poll, the majority of people loved it. Perhaps this feedback of yours and all those paragraphs just come across as entitlement. Staff shouldn’t babysit you and they aren’t expected to do so.

If the event wasn’t fun from the first town invasion you could’ve just left. No one held a gun aimed at your head and told you to finish it, much like the meta, no one is forcing you to multi farm or whatever. There are a million ways to enjoy the game without crying about it.

• Agree Agree x 12
  2. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    6:23 PM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Shut up bienfu ur so wrong and entitled!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    9:23 AM
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    "I didn't find this fun so it's bad." Petulance is a hell of a drug ain't it.

If you're worried about EXP loss, buy charms to prevent that. If you're worried about dying multiple times and hemorrhaging EXP/charms, close client and relog on a different channel. If you're not enjoying the event, go do something else. No one was forcing you to participate.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. Kmac

Kmac King Slime

Jan 15, 2021
    Male
    12:23 PM
    DPSmoira
    Beginner
    You expect GM’s to be professional and friendly, but don’t hold yourself to the same standard. You expect people to take your whining like a petulant child seriously because it’s not your job to be friendly? Says a lot about you.

If you weren't having fun just leave bro… Nobody is forcing you to be there. “B-b-b-but mUh ReWaRdz! :arghh::arghh:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    Respect that quickly faded while creating this thread.

There is no feedback to respond to, other than the points I have mentioned in my previous post. Again, the only valid point I see raised is the request to mention whether there will be rewards or not, beforehand.

Which is true for every type of content.

False. This is a hobby, not a professional videogame company. The people behind it deserve the same respect (not blind agreement, obviously) whether you enjoy the content provided or not.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Ferluci

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    PASTA IS BEST STAFF MEMBER WORLD AFTER MIRRORS, AINZ DAMI AND ME

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    wait you not dami?!?!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Ferluci

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    i have to go my time is up

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  9. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    no i not going to believe that both you and dami hate to see islanders having fun so you and dami are the same person!!!!

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  10. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    I loved the event
    MapleLegends 23-12-2023 12-35-11.png

• Great Work Great Work x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    Right, and we just are going to presume that the people who are on the forums are completely representative of the entire server right? If you want to ignore the literal snippets of people I posted voicing their displeasure, then you would likely never see the frustration with the event if this thread doesn't get made, or at the very least, never capture the extent of frustration that people felt.

Ya see, heres the thing, I joined in on the event and found it to be quite neat for the first 2, 3 towns. So I figured, (like many), that if this event was going to continue to proceed for an indefinite amount of time, theres probably some bit of reward to be had at the end. And then it became tedious to frustrating.

"no one is forcing you to multi farm or whatever" this tired bad take continues to exist and I will never understand why people are so accepting of content that is potentially unfun or frustrating for a number of other people.
    -No one's forcing you to come to the party I hosted, so therefore its totally fine that I let my dad keep up his Nazi memorabilia everywhere.

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I like how you do your own thing and aren’t constrained by things like empathy or reason.

Bro really just came at staff with a “emotional abuse of volunteers is fine because my feelings are more important than theirs”

• Agree Agree x 10
  13. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Hahahahahaha what the fuck

• Agree Agree x 11
  14. OP
    OP
    bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    False. This is a hobby, not a professional videogame company. The people behind it deserve the same respect (not blind agreement, obviously) whether you enjoy the content provided or not.

And as your hobby, you help to provide a service and foster a community for other people. You have rules, ethics, and guidelines [hopefully] that ensures you operate at a higher standard than that of the random mapler, and hopefully, at a higher standard compared to other servers, because we all know that if "it's just a hobby", then any GM or Dev of any server could just act like the GMs of HaikuMS. If you want to pick and choose when you want to exert the authority and respect of your position and all the benefits that come with it and none of the cons, so be it.

People behind it all do deserve respect, and that the extent of that respect should only be confined to the merits of Legends-related content from both player to GM and GM to player, and such criticism offered in this thread is indeed, confined to only that. To glean beyond that scope or obfuscate the content of such criticism is not my problem.

15. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    My guy you literally used the words “dogshit”

No shot you actually think you’re being respectful

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    I'm still confused as to where the emotional abuse is. Saying something is bad or dogshit, why its bad or dogshit, and how it can be improved, emotionally charged or not, doesn't constitute as emotional abuse to me because as far as I see, nothing written that are trying to control, isolate, frighten, threaten, or insulting. Criticism is strictly tied to the merits of the content and the way it was conducted and nothing more.

17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    When dying on really small hills becomes your entire personality.

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    “Calling something dogshit isn’t insulting.” I can’t man

Also I’m still not over the fact that not 30 minutes ago you equated the act of not rewarding NX to supporting Nazis

19. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    Good lord this is a hot shit take. Equating an event you didn't fully enjoy to THAT? Touch grass, get off reddit, maybe seek a professional for some deep seated issues you clearly need to work out. Respectfully.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    Thats really not the correct analysis you were supposed to take.

Its supposed to be where you host an event, and you have something offputting that doesnt actually inconvenience anyone because they aren't obligated to be there and has no tangible physical effect on them, does that mean you should keep that something around?