1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't Host Events With An Unannounced Length of Time/Reward

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by bienfu, Dec 23, 2023.

How was this event?

1. Loved it

60 vote(s)
    82.2%
  2. Just okay

8 vote(s)
    11.0%
  3. Waste of time

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  4. This was a massive joke

4 vote(s)
    5.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    10:38 AM
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    No, i wholeheartedly hope you get whatever help you need to work through whatever it is that makes you the way you are shown in this thread.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. wolf666

wolf666 Timer

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    1:38 PM
    Wolf
    Shadower
    Hey OP, I hope you have a better day today. I know some people stress out during the holidays and maybe you wanted to take your mind off things through a fun GM event. Unfortunately, it didn't meet your expectations and made this post to vent out some frustrations. 2.5 hours in Maple is a drop in the bucket compared to the amount we all end up playing anyways. I don't think you're really this upset about a videogame. Let's look forward to the upcoming Christmas event!

• Friendly Friendly x 16
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Raso

Raso Slimy Retired Staff

Jul 2, 2017
    Female
    7:38 PM
    Noctua
    Shadower
    Perion
    OP should touch some grass, do some zen exercises and google what constructive feedback is. The initial suggestion is, as Pasta mentioned, written in such way that there is no feedback to respond to. The first post and the OPs replies are drenched in entitlement. Come up with actual points that staff should work on, and give arguments as to why, and how it can be done better.

The server is ran by volunteers who do their best to please the playerbase, but they cant keep everyone happy (and surprise, they dont have to). This event is something they havent done often and I can imagine they do look into ways to make it better. Improving events isnt done in the blink of an eye, and it certainly doesnt get better from a giant ranting post like this one. They put in their own time, even when their IRL is busy, have some respect for that.

Like others mentioned, if you do not like it, dont stay. You could also, you know, ask staff if theres a reward for joining (the @gm function ;) ).
    Events are bonus content that nobody has to participate in. Staff is not obliged to host these, but they do so to give players some fun. Personally I missed this event, which does seem like a fun thing where the community comes together (something thats severely lacking on other times tbh). I too, dont like all events. Mostly cuz its just not my style, but you wont hear me complaining. I make the choice to go or not, and accept that it may not be rewarding (the times Im terrible at fitness and run out of time ._.).

For this event specifically, Im pretty sure that the majority of the players didnt expect a reward at the end, just like the other 2? times it was hosted. Not everything needs to have a reward, the community being together and just having fun is enough reward. Appreciate the attempt for a new event, or just close your client :^)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    Criticism of the event is fair; I addressed it in my first post:
    I was probably not clear enough, so I will rephrase - the issue with people not knowing whether they will be able to obtain something from a GM event or not, before investing time into it, is understandable and we will look into changing that.
    Monster Invasion type of events will (most likely) not provide a reward. At least, nothing marketable. Both because we want to keep this a casual, chaotic event (which would be impossible with the presence of a reward, that would require at least a semblance of balancing), and because keeping track of who would be eligible for a reward, in a free-to-join-anytime environment, is unfeasible.

I can agree with the issues raised, which is why I answered the feedback points and we will take them into account next time. I don't accept the way they were raised, which is why the suggestion thread itself is in the denied section. That's basically it.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  5. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    This server has likely developed a Pavlovian response to blue text, as it means gm event w/ reward, gm buffs, or rwt bans

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  6. CeloRox

CeloRox Slime

Jun 30, 2020
    Male
    Bishop, Buccaneer
    hi, it’s me the rush guy ☺️

• Great Work Great Work x 19
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    11:38 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    You do a great thing for the Maple world sir

8. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    12:38 PM
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    This monster invasion event was probably one of the most fun GM hosted events I have been able to participate in! Was fun to travel around the Maple World and kill all kinds of mobs, including ones that I have never seen before!

I was on a lv13x I/L. Though I died 26 times while in Leafre, it was fun attempting to kill such high level mobs with everyone! I was even able to white a flying mini pink bean summon!

If something like Fitness or Ola Ola was announced instead, I probably would have passed. But this event was a nice change in pace and so cool to see some many players traveling from place to place and killing mobs together! Felt like a strong community moment!

I can see why the OP of this post might be upset with no "reward" from the long event. But the experience alone was rewarding enough for me! I would participate in such an event anytime in the future!

But I do wonder... how does this event compare to last year's "Xmas event drama"?????
    ez win.PNG

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. CauTion

CauTion Master Chronos

Nov 5, 2019
    Israel
    8:38 PM
    Thief
    Siege
    So much to say ... but too lazy to actually respond to a dogshit feedback srry .

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. randomhs

randomhs Timer

May 25, 2020
    randomHS
    Oyasumi
    thank u ml forums for an early christmas present. i hope to see all of ur cute chars ingame with santa hats soon

also if anyone ends up making a quote wall compilation, i expect this one at the top

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Life has things that begin and then sadly, end.

MapleLegends could very possibly just stop and discontinue any time, if that "reward" that you're so inclined for in seeking, would that actually really matter?

If you became a billionaire, then passed away are you taking your money with you? Is a pixelated reward really all that important?

Personally, and most people here know that I've tended to quit playing due to people being toxic towards me and making fun of me for my NL and all the time that I farmed level 10 ring and voted for NX all those years when NL got nerfed.

I've returned back to playing because theres people that I've met that I'd rather spend time with, some overpriced pixelated throwing stars shouldn't be of my concern if theres people that I'd be able to talk too, see, if MapleLegends just out of the blue stops being a game and discontinues am I going to have an X leveled NL with 30k hp and 30k mp? No, but would I possibly have the people that I've met during that journey? Maybe, discord exists and having memories of smacking snails and mushrooms with a wooden wand due to hp washing hehexd shouldn't really matter.

All that matters, is the people that you've met during your time spent on a server, whether that be you helping them or vise versa becoming friends on MapleLegends then adding each other on discord, you can probably DM some and be like "Hey I found X game on steam, wanna try it out?" or whatever platform or company, pixelated items shouldn't matter that much the people that you hung out with and became friends with should.

Kinda cheesy, or just plain cringe idc but yeah. People that you become friends with should be more important, online and/or offline.

This bold work of calligraphy is 絆 ( kizuna ) written in Japanese. Kizuna means the enduring bonds between people—close relationships forged through mutual trust and support.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    1:38 AM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Safety charm should solve everything.
    Can anyone clarify this? OP mentioned you are not allowed to use safety charm?

13. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I thought in FM and event maps it's impossible to lose exp, OP might be lying or there must have been a bug

14. Lapulasi

Lapulasi Mano

Oct 16, 2021
    Male
    6:38 PM
    Xingan
    Bishop
    Heaven
    R>100man PB cc8 Leafre <LV150 only :chicken:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    11:38 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    I CONTINUED TO RESPAWN AFTER LOSING EXP AND IM SO MAD

for real though like what lol. Just dont respawn if its a problem

16. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Since when is a town an event map

17. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    The logical solution is just log out and log into a different channel. If you know you'll die when you respawn, it's honestly on your own actions for losing more EXP.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. TermiteLover

TermiteLover Brown Teddy

Nov 8, 2021
    5:38 AM
    Guildless
    Emotions don't care about facts and logic MapleF18

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Bienfu Shapiro

• Great Work Great Work x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Aren't towns considered like FM and not lose exp?

Aren't maps where GM events happen considered "event maps"?