1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Chairs and Reruns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ohviviho, Jan 8, 2024.

1. ohviviho

ohviviho Slime

Jan 11, 2018
    Female
    6:38 PM
    ohviviho
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    I have just returned to the game for Christmas Event and noticed that some of the chairs in the raffles are reruns of old Christmas Event 2018 chairs. Namely the Christmas Tree Chair as well as the recharger chairs.

As a chair collector, I do not think that this is the right thing GMs should be doing. It causes the value of such chairs to fall unexpectedly and discourages me from collecting exclusive chairs altogether for fear of them being reintroduced into the market in the future.

Thoughts?

P.S. If I recall correctly, there was an event where a chair was removed from the raffle after it was found to be a rerun of old event-exclusive chairs

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    12:38 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Christmas tree chair and recharger chairs have been available every Christmas event since I started playing the game in 2020 and have never been exclusive to a single year unlike many other chairs

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    5:38 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
  4. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Please re-release red winter chair next event so we can watch an economy of billions crumble in minutes

• Agree x 4
    • Disagree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  5. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    4:38 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Yes pls I kind of want the chair for the esthetic

6. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Yes release mayhem on to people who think chair holds value.

if staff wants to uphold the implementation of meso sinks this is your time to shine

• Like Like x 1
  7. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    First we take their chairs, then, and only then.. we release npc that sells scrolls to crash all bow 30's overnight

Ahhhhh yes, its all coming together.....

8. Raso

Raso Slimy Retired Staff

Jul 2, 2017
    Female
    Noctua
    Shadower
    Perion
    I dont see why old chairs should not be re-released. Yes, chair collectors (mostly old players) would be sad about it, but how many of those exist anyway. Should a small group gatekeep chairs that are factually pretty useless, and are currently used as tax-evasion items? No, chairs should be part of fashionstory and available to players, regardless of when they started playing.

There is no point in putting a 1bil value on the ugliest chair in the game (yes, you winter red chair), just because its old and old rich players have it. At this point, its just people trying to be elite with flexing a chair they could theoretically sell for that much.

Even if chairs were to be re-released, would it really have such a large effect on the market? Probably no. Theres only a handful of people with the "really expensive" chairs who would be...disappointed. The vast majority of the players would normally never be able to lay their hands on them or not be crazy enough to spend that much on a few useless pixels. If chairs get re-released, they would be accessible to the majority of players and thus make more people happy! Will mesos be lost? No, those collectors have invested in something that was a gamble from the start. Value of chairs would lower, ofcourse, but its no different than doing a high value roll and losing. Its a risk they took, and will have to deal with. You can still look fancy in chairs regardless, as imaginary value doesnt make them any prettier or uglier.

If theres an actual legitimate reason to not re-release them, Id love to hear it Foxpat

• Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  9. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    What do you think about the exclusive cosmetics from the community events?

10. Raso

Raso Slimy Retired Staff

Jul 2, 2017
    Female
    Noctua
    Shadower
    Perion
    Thats more of a competition where a (somewhat) unique reward is more logical. The community events are open to all players tho, so the unique rewards are not restricted to a certain time period of the server, or a group of high wealth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    1:38 PM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    [​IMG]
    ?

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I don't understand why chair collectors gotta be elitist af on some chairs, just rerun them all in the next events slowly.
    Makes zero sense a random ass event chair now costs bagillion mesos just cause it didn't get rerun, while some other chairs get rerun for multiple events.

Keep the non rerunnable chairs as the community events (like the kimmy bed thing)

PS. I agree with Raso on the fact red winter chair is fugly

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. Raso

Raso Slimy Retired Staff

Jul 2, 2017
    Female
    Noctua
    Shadower
    Perion
    Still makes a ton more sense and is a hell lot more accessible to players ;)

14. Dano

Dano King Slime

Jan 29, 2015
    Male
    6:38 AM
    Buccaneer
    no, dont rerun any chairs from past events. i have them all and they make me feel speshal. thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. wolf666

wolf666 Timer

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    6:38 AM
    Wolf
    Shadower
    I think it is fun to have chase items in a MMORPG whether they're useless or not. Also, since Winter Red Chair is indeed the ugliest chair, it would be wise if staff did not rerelease undesirable chairs. Keep that chair expensive so people with bad taste will be punished.

edit: typo

Last edited: Jan 8, 2024
  16. Averdant

Averdant King Slime

Feb 6, 2020
    6:38 PM
    While I may not have xmas gift box chair or olivia's chair, I have a small collection of expensive chairs (red winter chair, december chair, halloween pumpkin chair, pumpkin chair and some other chairs prob worth 1xx-2xx m each). Having re-runs would drop the value of my assets, but I would still be for it. However I also understand why people would want the exclusivity of it, it makes the event rewards special and more people would try to grind for it before event ends.

To me, the thing that leaves a bad taste in my mouth is when nice looking event chairs are treated as investment vehicles & hoarded (flashback to halloween full moon chair breaching 200m+ overnight from 60m+) instead of ppl treating them as well ... chairs to sit on. I think the main focus of event chairs should be for everyone to have fun, not speculating and hyping on profiting from them.

In order to look after the interests of both new and old chair collectors/players I think staff could consider introducing untradeable re-runs of old chairs in long intervals (maybe 2-3 years before re-running once) so that people can actually get one of the rare old chairs they want without having to fork out 3b for it, while old collectors/players could still hold on to their old chairs that are still tradable (price would drop but not as bad as having them become completely worthless). Meanwhile for the new event chairs, I think it's good for the server when these new event chairs are abundant and affordable like maple first pixel tree chair, tangy ade chair, aquarium chair, rabbit lamp chair, enchanting aria chair, play with me pink chair etc ----- although this is mainly because of multi-char easy raffling which flooded the server with chairs that the staff team has decided we'll move away from and increased the effort required to farm raffles (but now uncapped). I would suggest heavily increasing the drop rate of event chairs from raffles so that something like halloween 2023 doesn't happen again ---- raffle was hard to get and nice looking chairs get exploited as an investment vehicle so people who couldn't get them were locked out of buying it for weeks when event ended because price went up so high (kek and those who bought them so high/pushed the prices up are deservingly bagholders now). I honestly thought that the situation back then was really ugly. I mean you could say it's just natural supply and demand in the free market when price spiked from 60m+ -> 200m+ overnight, but really I think most of us would agree that the major contributing factor was greedy people trying to drive up price for profits rather than everyone rushing to buy when they didn't have enough time to farm it before event ends.

17. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    i wouldn't really call it an investment vehicle if value is rising/dropping by like 30% daily. everyone is greedy and just let the market decide ^___^

18. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    If you want to hold assets buy coins. Buying chairs as a means of holding assets is just a dumb childish flex.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    real flex is the number of clients you can control at the same time

20. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    No its about how many shad mules you can bring to HT then right click hurricane