1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The GM PQ SCANDAL of January 24, 2024

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gurk, Jan 25, 2024.

Tags:

Do you think the GM acted inappropriately here?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Gurk

Gurk Headless Horseman

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    7:59 PM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    My friends, on this day, January 24th, 2024, controversy tragically struck yet again. Players who had triumphantly overthrown the white man with a great deal of blood, sweat and tears had their hard-earned victory snatched from out of their hands. In fact, there was not one but TWO whole scandals that occurred around this incident.

These players had come together as a group with a single goal and came out on top after pelting the big white man into submission. However, to their shock and horror their efforts were met with mockery and empty hands. Where they expected to receive a reward they instead got a patronizing message notifying them that their services were no longer needed despite having already rendered them.

1 (1).png

No words could aptly express how betrayed they felt. It was exceedingly cruel and unjust. All of these players had selflessly embarked on the quest to defeat the threatening white oppressor given by the brown citizen of Happyville before the event had ended and were rightfully entitled to the rewards that were promised.

After requesting assistance and waiting for what felt like an eternity trapped in that third world country, the GM known as Glaceon (probably not even their real name) showed up only to say that there would be no compensation awarded because we had liberated Happyville one minute too late and that the event had already ended by the time the deed had been done.

If you ask me, this simply sounds like an excuse to exploit some free labor from the backs of these hardworking blue-collar maplers. I expect this kind of behavior from the imperial bootlicking troglodytes of our patriarchal capitalist society but not from our beloved staff. At the bare minimum, partial compensation should have been given.

Veteran mapler and professional freedom fighter iPippyiPippy had this to say about the injustice:
    "I'm appalled that you weren't given a prorated nx reward for the portion of the fight you did that was before the official closing time".

Another agitated mapler who wished to remain anonymous emphatically expressed that the PQ had been stolen and that they were the rightful victors and asked us to uncover the fraud.

Our field reporter captured the below image, which shows that despite the event having already ended that event pouches were still being awarded from bossing.

2.PNG

So on one hand, we have staff saying that they would not compensate the liberators with the advertised PQ rewards because the event had already ended. And on the other, we have event bossing rewards still being given despite the event having already ended more than a full hour later. There appears to be a discrepancy in logic being applied here. Is this just another case of PQ discrimination? It would not be surprising given the long history of unjust treatment in this community towards the minority group of PQers. Our field reporter says he has an additional lead he can follow up on but fears what he may find out.

Alas our story does not end here. To add insult to injury, the GM effectively kidnapped and moved all of the players to Henesys, regardless of where they may have originally been (e.g. Ludibrium or El Nath).

3.png

4.PNG

5.PNG

For players who were expecting to be rewarded for their PQing efforts, being teleported across the world and not even returned to their original map was immensely disappointing. You can imagine how having to move your several multiclient attacking snowman characters across several continents is quite difficult and time-consuming. Personally, the missed opportunity in multiclient farming across my 12 shads across this time duration has cost me hundreds of millions. To quote one player, "Having to go to El Nath from here is worse than not getting reward".

We pray that staff rectifies this injustice by compensating all freedom fighters involved in this horrific incident to maintain the institutional integrity of staff.

This has been part five in an ongoing series titled "GM Scandals". See below for prior installations.

Part 1: The GM Buff SCANDAL of January 6, 2023
    Part 2: The GM Event SCANDAL of January 30, 2023
    Part 3: The GM Buff SCANDAL of April 28, 2023
    Part 4: The GM Event SCANDAL of December 22, 2023

Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 15
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    9:59 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    i can't believe this is how we treat our veterans!!

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Thank you for speaking out against this gross misuse of power.

The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    9:59 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    if only there were a quick and easy help line that i could call

• Great Work Great Work x 4
  5. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    4:59 AM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Stop blaming other people. It's your own fault for using more than 1 client.

6. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    This scandal is on me, I apologize! It looks like I forgot to exclude the reward map from the event end check, for Roodolph.

However, your latest unclaimed prize tier is still stored in our data. We reactivated Roodolph in Happyville (without allowing PQ entrances of course), and if you have an unclaimed reward, you will be able to claim it via his dialog there in town. This is already available.

[​IMG]

Boss pouches will be manually reverted and announced in-game, as well.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 14
    • Like Like x 1
  7. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    11:59 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Pasta is a super hero

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    The fact that you had this failsafe built and ready to go is absurd. Are you like some kind of mad genius or something

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    No rush. I think you deserve a long rest after all of your hard work.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    We usually put a lot of hidden precautions in events, though luckily they are rarely necessary.

This event especially was more heavily "protected", because I was gonna be away during the first week of it, and we needed to make sure that everything could be handled without me. We had a command to enable/disable the global snow, for example, or to enable/disable one or both of the new PQs, as it was all stuff we couldn't guarantee the stability of.
    Luckily it all went well in the end, but we can never be too sure! Or maybe I'm just paranoid, but still.

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1