1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussing a case

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by HelpMeRepent, Apr 10, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HelpMeRepent

HelpMeRepent Blue Snail

Jan 11, 2024
    Male
    6:12 PM
    Honestly, I don't feel that my misbehavior deserves a permanent ban. Just because I may have said some hurtful words to some specific players whom I don't even recall anymore, it's not as though my ban is fully justified. Reason being that I did not severely break the game's fundamental rule of hacking/real-world-trading or other serious actions against the legitimacy of fairness. Shows me that I cannot be forgiven for my minor misdeeds that can simply be taken as a joke gone too far but can either be ignored or forgotten either way. I don't think justice is served from my point of view because I have quite a massive effort of achievements gone from this restricted access of my accounts. I may overall deserve a temporary ban then but not a permanent one. Disallowing me to play the game again is a huge discrimination in my opinion because I suspect it may be due to my religion of Christianity... (Repeating the message if not seen by the GMs)

The context of this post is for the GMs to read about my case of being blocked from the game.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  2. creative

creative Mr. Anchor

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    6:12 AM
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  3. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    12:12 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Nobody cares about your religion yet you continuously felt the need to force it on others.
    Apart from this you were also warned many many times and banned various times for in-game behavior. It's something we have discussed many times already and since you never made any attempts to change your behavior we had ultimately permanently banned you from the server as we strongly believe the server is in a better place without your presence. Disallowing you to play the game is within our rights and has nothing to do with religious discrimination.

A quote from Kimmy on your last ban appeal
    And your response, in which you seem to agree it's pointless to continue arguing.
    This is all from February 2023, you also made the following public threads at the time:
    This clarification thread was after a permanent ban for harassment in which you were also asked to stop.
    Then later after more alteractions as well as solicitation of your beliefs to other people once again and after your ban appeal on your permanent ban you posted the following thread:
    You came back after many months in the discord to ask for forgiveness, we have already answered you multiple times that we're not changing our stance on your bans. There were also people weighing in on your absurd and rude behavior from you at the time in-game. The consensus remains that the actions taken were justified to maintain the well-being and harmony of our server.

Please stay away.

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    HelpMeRepent

HelpMeRepent Blue Snail

Jan 11, 2024
    Male
    6:12 PM
    Well I do greatly appreciate your effort to make a thorough review with regards to my case Nightz. You certainly have what it takes to take on the role as a GM I must say. Thanks for refreshing my memories by quoting some of the messages I've made that's probably archived too. It is indeed a misery for me to have lost all that I've earned in-game but to think that it's all due to my past behaviors that's unacceptable in the eyes of many, perhaps it's not really any of a prejudice against me as a person anymore then.

Seemingly to have come to my senses as whatever I've said to other players in the game were probably filled with unkindness and indecent words even, back then... Nightz, you are probably also right to say that the server would be better off without someone like me roaming around causing hurts and insults to unexpecting players who'd encounter with me...

And as you've mentioned that I had been warned and even kicked out of entry to the game several times due to the nuisance that I had repeatedly caused to happen amongst some of the players at that point in time. I guess you have adequate evidences kept within the records.

I'm just truly hoping for a final chance (and I have no longer any excuses to give if I'm gone again) that is still within your power and authority to grant. I would call myself a relatively different person now than my previous personality perhaps.

5. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    12:12 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    [​IMG]

• Great Work x 14
    • Agree x 2