1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted & Implemented Reduce Smoke Visual Duration By 1 Sec

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Gurk, Jul 17, 2023.

1. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    8:50 PM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    This was brought up before in another thread but I thought it deserved a formal suggestion thread for better visibility in case it got overlooked.

I am proposing that the visual for smoke end about 1 second before the actual effect does.

The intent behind this change is to give players an advance notice for when they're about to become vulnerable again. Given that virtually no players go through the laborious task of keeping track of the duration of smoke remaining, the effective uptime of smoke is reduced at some bosses where the punishment for getting hit can be rather severe.

For example, at a boss such as PB or Berga, a player may prematurely and unnecessarily start ducking the sed notes or lasers during the final 5-10 seconds of smoke as they are unaware of when exactly the smoke will end and getting caught off guard can result in significant damage loss or even death. Simply watching for when the smoke dissipates is often not enough leeway to avoid attacks in time currently and it is also possible for one to get hit at the same time the visual ends.

By reducing the duration of the smoke visual by roughly 1 second, players are better able to benefit from the full duration of smoke and are also given more of a window to act on, which empowers both shads and players at large.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    5:50 AM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Have it blink beforehand :pepepog:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    11:50 AM
    Beginner
    personally, this may be more indicative

• Like Like x 1
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    12:50 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
  5. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    9:50 PM
    Corsair
    I'm tired of having my boat get 1/1'd because of smoke. I have to start dismounting when I feel like the smoke is ending soon. :(

Anything to buff Shadower utility without buffing Shadower mule-ability is good in my eyes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    Making it blink synchronously would be tough, seeing how different small smoke clouds alternate their opacity to give the impression of a foggy layer, but we might be able to work with the timer.

Won't promise it for this coming patch quite yet, but the suggestion itself is accepted. Thanks!

• Great Work Great Work x 12
  7. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    12:50 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
  8. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    one thing I was wondering, is it possible/feasible that only the party that has the shadower sees the smoke?

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    9:50 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Please

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Siegfried

Siegfried Master Chronos

Apr 21, 2017
    Male
    8:50 PM
    genius

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I was sceptical initially but this turned out to provide great QoL. Tyvm for posting this thread and implementing the change.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Pasta

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    Ah right, obviously I'm gonna mark this suggestion as implemented, thanks for the reminder!

As a note, we've added a new thread tag for Accepted suggestions that have been implemented: this will let everyone distinguish more easily between suggestions that have been accepted, but not yet added to the game (and thus can be bumped/discussed more), and suggestions that are also already part of the game.
    Once I get to update all the tags in the Accepted section, that is.

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Thanks for the work, always very good,
    Taking advantage of the opportunity, is there anything related to visibility that can be done when there is more than one party to make it less polluted?

14. Pasta

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    That one is a bit tougher because of how they would need to dynamically change based on your party status; I will look into it later on but for now I can't promise a solution yet (that would most likely be making non-relevant smokescreens more transparent).

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    thanks again!