1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low Dark Knight's Beholder Aura doesn't properly reflect damage to bosses

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Alyosha, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    4:36 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video):Here is the @dpm 50 I get while using my DK as a sed mule in Horntail. He made 0 attacks and had Beholder up the entire fight, netting a total of 1667 damage for 33 damage per minute. The best theory for there being any damage is that he got tagged by a wyvern at some point, as the repeated @dpm 5 tests I did in preheads yielded 0 damage.
    [​IMG]
    What is supposed to happen?:
    upload_2024-4-18_22-30-13.png
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?:My one true love, Horntail's cave
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):do @dpm's without attacking on bosses
    Extra information (optional):
    J>HT 33 dpm DK

• Great Work Great Work x 7
  2. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    6:36 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    7:36 AM
    iPippy
    As far as my understanding goes, it's not so much a boss issue as it simply not reflecting magic damage at all, regardless of what the number lines say. The damage that shows is the touch damage reflected from contact with ht or wyverns/cornians.

Speaking of damage numbers, I also know that some attacks like the mateon's shot don't even make a damage number show up. This may possibly be because of a loss of "ownership" of the projectile after it is launched?

(Still a better skill than pg with its knockback reduction)

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. thechild

thechild Master Chronos

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    fartmane
    Dark Knight
    Galaxy
    It's physical damage and not magic. an it's only the dmg the master gives based on the amount you are hit. So a monster hitting you with low dmg will mean low dmg is reflected or misses

5. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Pretty sure if it's only physical damage, there should be more DPM done, as the left head ice attack (the perf frame one) is a physical attack. So it might be touch damage only or something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    it was intended for all types of damage as originally posted

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    All types of touch damage

• Informative Informative x 3
  8. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    tru we need magical touch damage

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    A touch of damage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Even just ignoring the rework quote saying it's both, I don't understand what role it plays in reflecting touch damage. I can't really think of a use case beyond the single point weakening knockback. 24 points gets you an added 120k dpm to CWKPQ, or roughly a .5-.8% dps increase, but even then that doesn't actually matter if it's not going into the target who dies last. I don't think there's even a world where the damage does anything for farming mobs, everything you'll want to kill as a DK is already a 1ko and there's no real chance it'll chip enough off of a 7f golem to make a valid increase in exp/hr.

The one good part of the skill seems like it was either overlooked in mentioning in the balance post or a complete accident. The single point makes it a great skill, while the remaining 24 points is on the tier of Final Attack or Shield Mastery in terms of effectiveness. I just don't understand why the skill exists if it's given such a minuscule niche as to warrant players invest more into 3rd job skills instead of going anywhere near it. Being all damage is the only sensible way to make it into a mediocre skill with some small niche instead of just dogwater.

11. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    the rest of the damage reflected goes directly into your brain, punishing you for your subpar decision making

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Gurk

Gurk Headless Horseman

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    With active zerk uptime, it's just over a 500k dpm increase if you camp body and spam power elixirs ^__^