1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Puttin myself out there

Discussion in 'Community' started by Doap, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    1:53 PM
    Doap
    Hunter
    :less
    I have like 0 friends on this server. The like 3 or 4 that I've made throughout my couple months here have either taken a hiatus or just stopped playing in general. I read a post the other day where someone said they don't like the idea of a single-player game with a chat function, which is essentially what this game is to me right now. I don't know how many others feel this way, but if you have similar feelings, keep reading.

It feels awkward as shit to do this, but at this point, fuck it. I'm looking for some legends friends.

Let's be real, I'm not looking for besties where we text and talk on skype and snapchat every day. I'm looking for a couple people who maybe wanna chat on skype every once and a while, while having a couple common interests outside this game.

These are things I do/like: I smoke, drink, play smash bros, watch game of thrones, Will&Grace is my shit, I like to bake, I love animals, math, snowboarding, also the sun is pretty sweet.

If any of this sounds appealing, or if you just wanna talk shit with someone for a while, hit me up in game. We'll move from there. ign is doap, and i'm 20. Theres a picture of me here if my physical appearance matters for some reason...http://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/whatchu-look-like.2098/

Cheers

[edit] reading this back, it sounds like I'm super bummed out, which I'm not ;). If anything, I wanted this to be more of like a call out to anyone else that feels similarly, like I got you. But I appreciate the nice words <3 lotta nice people on here

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    6:53 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon

• Like Like x 3
  3. Noods

Noods Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    1:53 AM
    Noodles
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    This was how it used to be like for me on other private servers I've played, and what makes Legends much more enjoyable for me are the friends I've made here. So I completely get where you're coming from. I'm not sure what made it different this time, maybe it was luck and a little bit of effort. Most of the friends I've made came from PQs (especially LPQ) and from grinding together during the lower levels. I see that we're in the same guild, but can't recall you chatting much. Hmm. Maybe you could put yourself out there more often? It helps :) Feel free to chat with me in game.

4. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    7:53 PM
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Noods here is probably one of my best friends here on Legends! Our relationship is based on a mutual agreement involving services in return for a specific kind of food!

Serious tho, hmu in-game if you want. ^^

5. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    I hate math but love Game of Thrones!

6. Brice

Brice Stone Golem

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Sharp
    Bowmaster
    Aeon
    I am nothing like you but it seems like you have just been jumping into the wrong people. I'm personally the average Koreaboo, but besides..... I could chat about maple etc :> my character name is in my PD. I'm not always as active because im the kid that grinds 10 hours a day without resting/going fm but I have my moments when I like to chat :D

7. Poppi

Poppi Capt. Latanica

Apr 6, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Shiba
    Corsair
    Halcyon
    Doapiee, you always have me :D

Also i did not know you played smash! We should play melee netplay some day!

8. OP
    OP
    Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    Doap
    Hunter
    :less
    If my computer could handle I'd probably be on netplay 25/8. Strange how a game from like 12 years ago requires such a beastly cpu to run properly :p

9. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    6:53 PM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    Just join a friendly and large guild, you'll never feel lonely again xD

I met most my friends when I started on the server, meeting lots of new players through pqs and grind spots, met alot of people chilling in fm too!

10. Grandma

Grandma Red Snail

Jun 7, 2015
    Male
    Boston
    Grandma
    Warrior
    Yo last episode of Thrones is today... the feels.