1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Other UltimateSuperDuperMega Problemsolving Thread W.I.P

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Freddychanyo, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Freddychanyo

Freddychanyo Slimy

Nov 5, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    8:42 PM
    Freddychanyo
    Assassin
    Demure
    Hey there! This is something I've been working on a bit the last couple of days. I feel we could make the support threads a little more efficient by referring to a megathread instead of always repeating the same things over and over.

I am aware that there is already a thread stickied so this is more of an extension with updated errors and formatting as a lot of new errors aren't listed.

[​IMG]

Frequent problems, questions and their solutions

1. "My anti-virus software is telling me that MapleLegends.exe is a trojan (virus) and I can't open it. How do I prevent it from blocking it and is this really a harmful file for my computer?"

This is one of the most common occurences in MapleStory private servers. The reason this is happening is because the MapleLegends client has been edited to connect to a server IP address. This is how the client goes online. Your computer sees that as a possible intruder, but I can guarantee that this is not the case. We call this a false positive. The reason I am going so in depth on this is because I have in all my playing years seen people worry about this stuff. I feel it deserves a proper explanation for once.

Anyways, MapleLegends was up until recently barely detected by anti-virus software, but as you can see on this scan https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-GB/filescanjob/whtvb349b9 (taken from Kimberly) you'll see that a lot of anti-viruses detects the false positive.
    You can fix this problem very easily and I will go through how to do it with the major detecting anti-viruses you see in the scan list.

Windows Defender (I'm referring to a thread Kim and I worked on previously which you can read in its entirety HERE)
    Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows Vista/7)

1) Click Settings:

[​IMG]

2) Select Excluded files and locations tab

[​IMG]

3) Press Browse button

[​IMG]

4) Navigate to MapleLegends folder and click it once, then click "Ok"

5) After you see the folder has been added like pictured below, press "Add"

[​IMG]

5) Press Save Changes

[​IMG]

6) re-download the client or re-install the game and you should be good to go!

Windows Defender (Windows 8 and above)
    1) Open Windows Defender
    [​IMG]
    2) Click Settings
    [​IMG]
    3) Scroll down to last option until you see version information, click "Add an exclusion"
    [​IMG]
    4) Select "Exclude a folder"

[​IMG]

5) Navigate to MapleLegends folder and click it once and click "Exclude this folder"

6) You should now see following:

[​IMG]

7) re-download the client or re-install the game and you should be good to go!

Avira

[​IMG]

When Avira finds the MapleLegends.exe false positive you simply do this.
    [​IMG]
    Simply right click on the tab under Action -> Ignore -> Apply now

Extra steps to avoid further complications completely:

Step 1.

Open the Avira Launcher (in your system tray by right clicking -> open), press the cogwheel to get into the settings window.

[​IMG]

Step 2.

Navigate to System Scanner -> Scan -> Exceptions and press the "..." button as shown in the image.
    [​IMG]

Step 3.
    You will see a list. Navigate to your MapleLegends.exe client's location, click it and press OK to add it.
    [​IMG]

Step 4.
    To add your new exception, simply press "Add>>" and you will see your client's path in the box on the right. Finish by pressing "Apply" and then "OK".
    [​IMG]

BitDefender

[​IMG]
    I'm afraid I don't own a BitDefender license so I can't provide pictures for this one, but I can give you a basic run-through of what you need to do!
    PoofcakesPoofcakes provided screenshots :)

Step 1.
    Open BitDefender -> Modules -> Protection -> Antivirus
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Step 2.
    From the Antivirus, navigate to "Exclusions" (turn it on if it's off)
    [​IMG]

Step 3.
    Press "Excluded files and folders" and click on the "Add" button.
    From there it's fairly simple, you just navigate to your MapleLegends folder and make it excluded for "on-access" and "on-demand" scanning. That way it doesn't screw things up later.
    [​IMG]

Step 4.
    Press "Add" and then OK to finish and then click on "Excluded processes" to add MapleLegends.exe specifically (just in case). Make it "Allowed" and press OK to save and exit.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    When I launch MapleStory I get this/these errors. How do I fix these?

Alright, I'll be going through each and every error code I know. (some may be added as I work on this)

1. (The famous) "The program can't start because ijl15.dll is missing from your computer."
    [​IMG]
    The fix to this is fairly simple. You're getting this error most likely because you haven't placed MapleLegends in the folder with the .wz files. The client needs to be in the same folder as the files to work. Make sure you don't mix up shortcuts and clients :)

2. "We are unable to connect to Maplelegends. Please check the MapleLegends homepage for ongoing server cheks and updates"
    [​IMG]

This problem occurs when the server is offline or if you have problems with your internet. It basically means there's no connection between your client (MapleLegends.exe) and its appointed server. You can check if the server is up at http://www.MapleLegends.com and ask around the forum if fellow players know anything.

3. "-2147024809 (The parameter is incorrect)"

[​IMG]
    An error known to most geeks hanging around the tech help section. This error is often solved through very simple steps. You're prone to get this error on 8/8.1 because of compatibility issues.

Step 1. (taken from my previous solution found here)
    Right click the MapleLegends client -> Properties -> Go to the compatibility section and tick "Run in compatibility mode for .."
    And then try Windows XP/95/Windows 7. Shouldn't really matter

[​IMG]

Step 2.
    If step 1 didn't do anything for you, I've heard of people who had success (for some reason) with solving the problem by doing this:
    [​IMG]

Go to your MapleLegends shortcut -> General and tick "Read Only" as shown in the image above. Hit "Apply" to save and "OK" to finish.

4. "Unable to execute file:
    C:\MapleLegends\MapleLegends.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 740.
    The requested operation requires elevation"

[​IMG]

One of the most common recent tech issue. This is a slightly complicated error as it can mean so much more than what's obvious for many seeing it. These are fixes that have worked and should in most cases. If you have this problem and none of these fixes work, make a thread. I'll help you <3

Solution 1:
    This might be happening because you're not running the client as an administrator. To run the client as an administrator every time do this:

[​IMG]

Navigate to your MapleLegends.exe's properties tab -> tick "Run this program as an administrato" -> Hit "Apply" and "OK". You can also just right click the client and click "Run as administrator", but this does it for you every time you want to open it.

Solution 2.
    Your anti-virus might be blocking it.
    Consult the anti-virus workarounds I wrote about at the top of the thread. If you're using an anti-virus software that I haven't listed please inform me and I'll make a little step-by-step for it. You generally follow the same pattern if you have the slightest tech savvy :p

5. "11004: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested data type was found"
    [​IMG]

A typical reason behind this is a network communication or name resolution problem. It's struggling with finding data that is there, but it just can't reach it. I'll just get to the steps.

Solution
    Change your DNS to OpenDNS (if there are DNS problems this might work)
    Simply follow this guide (Click the link for other versions. I can help you if you're struggling and have a different OS)

6. "-2005530585 (Unknown error 0x88760827)"

[​IMG]

The problem here usually lies with the player using a large scale monitor such as a TV screen. To fix this you simply have to change the screen resolution of your monitor to 800x600.

MORE TO COME!!

I hope this thread will be to some use to you guys. I've been working on it in Wordpad (lol) the past two days and I'm hoping to make this huge. It does take a fair bit of time to write and take screenshots of everything. If you have anything to add, just shoot.

Thanks to KimberlyKimberly for help <3 , PoofcakesPoofcakes (provided pictures for BitDefender <3)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 13
  2. BlurryFace

BlurryFace Mixed Golem

Dec 8, 2015
    Female
    Netherlands
    Shoo
    Marauder
    GoedVerhaal
    Thanks for the effort! c:

Duper :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    Amazing <3

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Parameter is incorrect is always Windows 98/me and installer always does this. Randomly changing to all the other ones don't work.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Freddychanyo

Freddychanyo Slimy

Nov 5, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    Freddychanyo
    Assassin
    Demure
    I have it configured for 98, Millennium, but I've had it working on XP on other machines where I've had this problem.

AFAIK the problem is simply that W8/8.1 came out way after v62 existed and therefore needs to be using the compatibility mode of a version that did exist at that time. :p Correct me if I'm wrong though.

6. BlurryFace

BlurryFace Mixed Golem

Dec 8, 2015
    Female
    Netherlands
    Shoo
    Marauder
    GoedVerhaal
    Idk if this is the right place to ask, but everytime I quit legends my screen resolution stays like 800x600 (or something like that). Changing it back to its normal resolution takes up too much of my time lmao. Is there any way for this not to happen or? :oops:

7. OP
    OP
    Freddychanyo

Freddychanyo Slimy

Nov 5, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    Freddychanyo
    Assassin
    Demure
    It should automatically change back to its original resolution :p
    Let's say your screen resolution is 1366x768 (I think that's the standard laptop res usually). You open MapleLegends and it changes to 800x600, but are you saying it doesn't change back to 1366x768?

8. BlurryFace

BlurryFace Mixed Golem

Dec 8, 2015
    Female
    Netherlands
    Shoo
    Marauder
    GoedVerhaal
    Yea it just stays 800x600 after closing Maple :c

9. OP
    OP
    Freddychanyo

Freddychanyo Slimy

Nov 5, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    Freddychanyo
    Assassin
    Demure
    Have you checked the "Run in 800x600" option on your client? Check by right clicking -> properties and look for the box.

If you have, can you uncheck it and see what happens?

10. BlurryFace

BlurryFace Mixed Golem

Dec 8, 2015
    Female
    Netherlands
    Shoo
    Marauder
    GoedVerhaal
    I couldn't find it lol, but I saw that the compatibility mode was set on Win98/me so I changed it to Vista and that solved my problem. Thank you for helpingMapleF14

• Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Freddychanyo

Freddychanyo Slimy

Nov 5, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    Freddychanyo
    Assassin
    Demure