1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guide for Windows [Guide] Troubleshooting Client Related Problems

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Jaikor, May 8, 2015.

1. Jaikor

Jaikor Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 5, 2015
    3:51 PM

Use CTRL+F in this thread to find your problem and the solution attached below it

Installation Errors

Error 1152: Error Extracting
    This can be caused by insufficient disk space, corrupted downloaded or your anti-virus blocking the installer.

Error: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item.
    The downloaded file is corrupt or deleted, redownload. In most cases your anti-virus or firewall is blocking the client. Add MapleLegends.exe as an exception.

Error: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable
    Your anti-virus or firewall is blocking the installation/client. Disable or add MapleLegends.exe as an exception

---

Client Errors

Error Code 11001: No such host is known

This error mostly occurs on Windows 8. By default your compatibility is ticked, untick run in compatibility mode and change your client's resolution if needed.

Error Code 11004: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found

• In the start menu search bar, type "cmd" "cmd.exe" should be one of the first things on the list to appear.
      • Right Click "cmd.exe" and select "Run as administrator" The command prompt window should now appear with administrator privledges
      • Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press "Enter" on your keyboard
      • Then type "netsh winsock reset" and press "Enter" on your keyboard
      • Reboot your PC.

Error Code: -2147024809 (The parameter is incorrect)
    This issue is common on Windows 8 or higher. To fix the issue please go to the setup folder, right click 'MapleLegends.exe', click 'Properties', and click the 'Compatibility' tab. Here you will need to tick the box to 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:' and choose 'Windows 98 / Windows Me' from the dropbdown box. Also tick the boxes for 'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings' and 'Run this program as an administrator'. Then press 'Apply', and 'OK'.

Error: The program can't start because wzms.dlll is missing from your computer.
    This error is quite common because people move the MapleLegends client somewhere else rather than creating a shortcut. Make sure the client is in the same directory as your other setup files. Create a shortcut if you'd prefer to open it without having to open the folder each time.

Error: The program can't start because ijl15.dll is missing from your computer.
    This error is quite common because people move the MapleLegends client somewhere else rather than creating a shortcut. Make sure the client is in the same directory as your other setup files. Create a shortcut if you'd prefer to open it without having to open the folder each time.

Error: We are unable to connect to the login server due to a server check, a firewall block or other network issues.
    Click and verify if the server is online. If the server is offline, Click. The administration will notify players on the forum and ingame prior to restarting the server, participate on the forum chat for quick updates. Maintenance and updates will be announced a few hours prior to happening. If the error is still persisting, it is likely a problem with your internet or computer. Make sure there are no anti-virus or firewalls blocking MapleLegends.exe

Error code: - 2005530585 (Unknown error 0x88760827)
    (This error is common with people who use a TV and/or a traditional monitor)
    • Fix 1: If you have a TV connected to your PC, change the monitors HZ refresh rate to 30.
    • Fix 2: If you have both a TV and a monitor unplug the TV, launch maple, than re-plugin the TV.
    • Fix 3: Right click the launcher > properties > compatibility mode > change to windows 98/windows ME. Also, tick "Run in 640 x 480 resolution".
    • Fix 4: Make sure DirectX is updated to the latest version and your graphics drivers are updated and correct.
    • Fix 5: Fix and clean your registry; a good program to do this with is CCleaner.
    ---

Log-in Errors

Error: Cannot connect to game server
    Disable any VPN and reset your connection to default. Restart your computer and run as admin. If problem persists, post in Technical Issues section.

If there's any errors that I may be missing, please post here with the error message and solution to it.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 8
  2. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    great post. this will be useful in the future for sure

3. likalaruku

likalaruku Blue Snail

Jul 29, 2015
    Female
    "If there's any errors that I may be missing, please post here with the error message and solution to it."

*Resetting Pin/other Pin problems.

4. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    6:51 AM
    If you wish to reset your PIN, send a PM to Kimberly with your account name, birthday and e-mail.

5. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    6:51 PM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    LF> mod to add this.

error code: - 2005530585 (unknown error 0x88760827)
    (This error seems to be common with people who use a TV and/or a traditional monitor)
    • Option 1: If you have a TV connected to your pc changing the monitors hz refresh rate to 30
    • Option 2: If you have both a TV and a monitor unplug the TV, launch maple, than re-plugin the TV.
    • Option 3: Right click the launcher> properties> compatibility mode> change to to windows 98/windows ME also tick run in 640 x 480 resolution.
    • Option 4: Make sure DirectX is updated to the latest version and your graphics drivers are updated and correct.
    • Option 5: Fix and clean your registry, a good program to do this with is CCleaner.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    5:51 PM
    Added with some edits to grammar/capitalization. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Pool

Pool Snail

Jul 20, 2018
    Male
    5:51 PM
    Beginner
    Hola , tengo este problema.
    Error: -2147287038. (Unknow error 0x800300002) For support visit the MapleLegends
    Discord or forums. IF YOU RECEIVE "Unknown Error" MAKE SURE YOU RUN ON THE LATEST PATCH!
    El juego inicia normal, ingreso seleccionando el personaje y se cierra todo y sale eso, me podrian ayudar.
    Gracias.

8. Melina

Melina Blue Snail

May 17, 2020
    Female
    WoahItzMel
    Beginner
    I keep getting

"Unable to execute file: C:\MapleLegendsHD\MapleLegends.exe

Shell ExecuteEx failed; code 1450.
    insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service."

And I have exempted the application on my firewall as well.

9. OP
    OP
    Jaikor

Jaikor Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 5, 2015
    You may have too many applications running. This error is stating that the ram being used on your computer is exceeding capacity and doesn't have room to run another application

10. dollarbar

dollarbar Blue Snail

Nov 6, 2020
    Male
    4:51 PM
    Beginner
    Hi, excited to play Legends.
    I've downloaded the main client, Mirror 1, and Mirror 2. I finally got my antiviruses to accept the file. But this comes up afterward every time as well... NVM..can't post a screenshot. All it says is "The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program." Should I re-download it again since my antivirus finally recognizes it as safe?

upload_2020-11-6_15-16-30.png

11. Sezart

Sezart Blue Snail

Mar 5, 2021
    Male
    Hi, i have this problem
    Translate of message: "The program cannot start because "file name" is missing from the computer. try reinstalling the program to correct this problem" I have already reinstalled the program many times but I keep getting the same error.
    [​IMG]
    I installed the game correctly I put it on the antivirus expecion I made all the recommendations but when I started the .exe I got the following error.

nothing works, I deactivated the antivirus and the firewalll, I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and the same error continues, download the file api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll copy it to the game folder and me it says that it cannot start the application

When I copy the missing .dll file I get this error "The application could not be started correctly (0xc000007b). Click on OK to close it.
    [​IMG]

12. azurewolves

azurewolves Snail

Sep 2, 2021
    Male
    AzureWolf
    Bandit
    The problem I'm getting is that whenever I go to install the Client Backup or I somehow make it through the install and use the exe, it automatically deletes itself. sometimes the install just ends after it reaches the client backup. The game has been working fine for a long time prior to this, but last night was the first time it did this.

13. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    12:51 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    This is your antivirus deleting it. Check in your antivirus and allow the deleted files or create an exclusion for the entire folder

14. Rebecca

Rebecca Mano

May 29, 2017
    Female
    United States
    icyRainCloud
    Islander, Page, I/L Mage
    Rainbow
    I just downloaded and installed the new January 2022 Maplelegends version for windows but when I try to play it it tells me this message: "Maplelegends Error: 10106 (The requested service provider could not be loaded or initialized.)"

*edit* I just tried to run Maplelegends a few more times and it worked all of a sudden. The only thing I did differently was try to install the latest version of DirectX but my laptop said it was already installed and it only worked the second time I tried to run it after I tried to installed it. I have no idea how it started working all of a sudden, but I'm happy it did. :)

*edit #2* I just noticed it still brings up that error message when I don't run Maplelegends as an administrator, but when I do it works. However, I tried doing that earlier and it told me that error message, so I have no idea why it's working now.

*edit #3* I tried to test closing the app and running it as an administrator again and it didn't work after five tries. I then ran the troubleshooting compatability shooter and tried the recommended settings and it worked. So I guess that was the problem maybe?

15. MapleStarter

MapleStarter Slime

May 20, 2019
    Male
    7:51 PM
    MapleStarter
    Beginner
    Newbology
    game client suddenly closes when i open it, even before login screen.

16. xhae

xhae Slime

May 25, 2020
    Female
    4:51 PM
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    upload_2022-4-10_0-45-33.png
    error code: 2147221000
    had three clients open, (1shad, 2 mages). ulted on mage clients simultaneously and all three clients insta-DC w/ this error message. relogged, repeated, same dc w/ same error message

17. li ou

li ou Slime

Jan 30, 2020
    Male
    7:51 AM
    CivicTypeR
    Assassin

18. li ou

li ou Slime

Jan 30, 2020
    Male
    7:51 AM
    CivicTypeR
    Assassin
    upload_2022-7-8_10-43-37.png
    how about this error? since the march build i keep getting this error until now. even with latest ver or reinstall the whole PC still DC like this.

19. Rawrza

Rawrza Horny Mushroom

Jun 22, 2017
    Female
    Singapore
    6:51 AM
    17thxoxo
    Hero
    upload_2022-7-10_15-27-39.png
    upload_2022-7-10_15-29-20.png

I am receiving this 2 errors when I click on the application.
    Previously was ok, able to play. This problem suddenly came up.
    Tried adding maple legends app for firewall exclusion but the issue still persist.
    Tried re-installing app as well, but the same issue pops up.
    Need help pls, using windows!

20. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    12:51 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Problem: msvcp140.dll missing
    Solution: Download https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145 (x86 version)

• Like Like x 1