1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Just being random >:)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iSandyS2, Mar 29, 2016.

1. XavierJenon

XavierJenon Mushmom

Jan 18, 2016
    Male
    10:52 PM
    I've always looked up to SmileSmile.
    He was the first person I really met here.. And he continues to impress me with his ability to consistently find a new guild to join for about three days.

Jokes aside, he's the man that kept me going when I struggled early on. He's the man that says 'We'll go do xx when you're high enough'

The man, the legend, the guild hopper...
    Sharpside.

Thank you.

• Like Like x 3
  2. OP
    OP
    iSandyS2

iSandyS2 Chronos

Nov 7, 2015
    Female
    Queensland, Australia
    3:52 PM
    iSandyS2
    Hero
    Forsaken

ayee yea i see this SharpSide dude around quite a bit lol

3. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    1:52 AM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    YozichYozich First buddylist friend even if he doesn't remember it (nice debuff character you're making FailFish)
    DulceDulce for being my motivation to finish becoming a Dark Knight, saw him hanging on a rope during HT and knew that could be me
    LosjLosj I don't know him very well, but I used his guide to make my DrK because I hadn't made one before
    Number32Number32 Free bigfoot leech!!! Also invited me to demure, thanks dylan (another debuff character though, ResidentSleeper)
    JoyJoy For being probably the best guildmaster in Legends if she didn't whip us all the time Kreygasm (also coincidentally has the biggest dick in Legends)
    DynaDyna and RichardRichard and BaboBabo for all those dank memes and teamspeak company for when I was grinding, would've definitely quit without you guys.

Thanks to all the priests/bishops that put up with me at himes and skeles, otherwise I'd definitely never pass even Murano LOL.

And finally, thanks to everyone else in Demure/Reticent/Babure, best guild I've been in ever (including GMS/The Other Server).

• Like Like x 11
  4. Richard

Richard Pink Teddy

Jun 12, 2015
    Male
    Pirate's Bay
    Colt
    Corsair
    Demure
    Awwwwww, how cute

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    I look up to all of you :love:

• Like Like x 7
  6. Smile

Smile Selkie Jr.

Nov 18, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    SharpSide
    Night Lord
    December
    Wow I didn't know we had ants playing Legends * u *
    ( S/out for KimberlyKimberly i look up to you too gurl ;D )

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scepter

Scepter Timer

Feb 20, 2016
    Male
    Singapore
    1:52 PM
    Sceptre
    Buccaneer
    Shinsoo
    FriskFrisk First person I ever talked to on the server. Thank you so much for the warm welcome <3 Wek

PhatCrackerPhatCracker Showed me how generous the people on the server was. Thanks for passing me your Maplemas Tree. It helped me a lot in the earlier levels.

UnitedUnited Thanks for letting me into Reticent when I just started out as well as the advice you've given me. The guild was a great welcome to the server c:.

PresidentPresident We haven't talked much, but I really appreciate the help you gave me when I just started out.

XavierJenonXavierJenon We've been friends since we met on the ship to Orbis. Bear and I love to make fun on your uselessness but I'm sure you know it's a joke. We love you <3. All the best to you finally getting to level 80. #ppl2pass

SmileSmile Thanks for helping me out when I just got to 3rd job. I recall someone saying this before but you really have one of the most interesting and friendly personalities I've seen. Thanks a lot for the help with the Deputy Star, definitely couldn't have gotten it without you. All the best for your zakum run! I'll be cheering from the benches. FoxF2

deribouderibou You're one of the motivations on training my Dragon Knight so much. I genuinely appreciate all the help you've given me since I first asked you a question when I was still in Reticent. I don't know what else to say other than that I look up to you as my Dark Knight mentor and a friend <3.

Also shoutout to NatoNato and SomeMage (I don't know your forum name) as well as all the people from Elegance. FoxHeart

• Like Like x 7
  8. Frisk

Frisk Pac Pinky

May 3, 2015
    Female
    7:52 AM
    Kasai (new main), Amira (old main)
    F/P Mage
    Labyrinth
    WEK OnionLove

• Like Like x 1
  9. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    OnionDeaf
    just remember my friend
    dark knights are meant to hang on ropes
    OnionDeaf

• Like Like x 2
  10. Frisk

Frisk Pac Pinky

May 3, 2015
    Female
    Kasai (new main), Amira (old main)
    F/P Mage
    Labyrinth
    Might wanna change your words there, bud...

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    I still don't really know a lot of people but I'll be damned if fryberfryber doesn't get a shoutout hahaha. It might just be because I don't talk to others very often, but the main goal on everyone's mind seems to be getting as many levels as fast as possible, but my goal has always been to chill out and explore and gradually climb the ladder. I remember popping online last summer after he out-leveled LPQ and I'd assumed he'd already be 100+ like everyone else I'd known, but he was just taking his time doing some quests and enjoying the ride which I totally appreciate! No need to rush through it y'know? Was nice to find another with a similar mindset~

• Like Like x 1
  12. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    No this is fine Kreygasm

13. npfenix1

npfenix1 Brown Teddy

May 18, 2015
    Male
    Under the bridge.
    8:52 AM
    *LURKING*
    Marauder
    fryberfryber

Didn't really start playing because I looked up to him.
    BUT, I just wanted to put the name out there 'cause I RESPECT the hell out of him and that's kinda what this thread is about.
    Positive attitude, friendly and very likable guy. We need to clone this dude about million times and then populate the earth with them.

There's ton of others who honestly deserve some spotlight as well but if I piled them up there'd be no end.

You guys are just too awesome. Just too good. You're pretty and have a great sense of humor.
    You're just pinnacle of this universe you little you. Yeah, I'm talking about YOU. You handsome fella!

jk, but reals lub u all.

• Like Like x 5
  14. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Out of sight, out of time
    12:52 AM
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    I've been avoiding this thread because I don't want to forget anyone but to hell with that.

As RyaeRyae said (thanks for the shoutouts npfenix1npfenix1 RyaeRyae FoxLove) I was here for the quests (which now I look up to dumbledoredumbledore and SobletSoblet ).

But if there was anyone I've been chasing from the start to level there was SamusSamus (the single marksman among buttmasters) and soon the one to dethrone her xAznMikeyxxAznMikeyx

EDIT: (Will probably add on more persons)

kirbzkirbz deserves some love as well #Poyoliveson

@Bubblethesniper why you no make forum name and why you no marksman BibleThump

• Like Like x 6
  15. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    11:52 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    stormyarisestormyarise gave me some tips when I was starting out then he disappeared into the sunset BibleThump

16. xAznMikeyx

xAznMikeyx Mushmom

Dec 23, 2015
    Male
    xAznMikeyx
    Marksman
    Project
    Hm hm~ I had always made a promise to myself that I'll get to #1 in the marksman ranking pretty soon. Other than that, I still look up to every other marksman who are loyal to others and myself FoxHeart

Although, Marksman is indeed a challenging class to level, but it can still be quite enjoyable.

THE HYPE IS REAL MAN!

• Like Like x 2
  17. President

President Slime

Jan 25, 2016
    Male
    Europe
    President
    Bishop
    Demure
    It's just because I'm an inactive turd nowadays :( Working on it!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Treat

Treat King Slime

Mar 19, 2015
    Treat
    Night Lord
    ♥ Synergy ♥
    <3

As far as motivation for leveling and gearing up goes, GMS Scania's Synergy guild will always be my main source of motivation in this game, but there are some people that deserve to be mentioned on here as well.

MaddyMaddy - 'Cause Maddy. Silly, random and super friendly girl that also has knowledge of the game. Like I've told people in the past, including Maddy herself, she's pretty much the perfect MapleStory player in my eyes. MapleF3MapleF6
    ObeyObey - That early power leveling was real, especially considering a lot of it was done solo. Also a really nice guy.
    @Gsom/Abort - A true no bullshit player, simple as that. Lots of respect.
    NuclearCowNuclearCow - Same as above, except the occasional bs lol.
    BetwixtBetwixt - While I don't really care much for leveling competition, she kept me entertained trying to keep up with me and complaining about me killing "her bosses" pre-100. Oh, and dat stalking. MapleF11

Also a shoutout to Notorious guild in general, it was full of awesome people that kept me entertained while grinding and such early on.
    I'm sure I forgot a few, but oh well.

AeroAero - For having endless patience with randoms from what I've seen. As most people who know me on here probably know, that's something I lack. And despite Horizon recruiting quite a few questionable players, there's no denying the guild's accomplishments. Whether this really motivated me in any way or not, I'm not sure, but he deserves to be here as sort of a honorable mention. :p

• Like Like x 2
  19. Betwixt

Betwixt Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Feb 16, 2015
    Betwixt
    Night Lord
    Salty/Demure
    Who motivated me? Oh god where to start. I guess we'll do phases.

Beta Phase; THe phase that probably has the most overall motivation:
    PebbsPebbs : Probably one of the few people who actually got me through Beta and made me stay with this server to begin with.
    Sam_VoshSam_Vosh : Also there in Beta to help me through, I thank you for being there and pushin' me to stay.
    KimberlyKimberly Dorkus. You know what you did.

First Month:
    TreatTreat Legitimately the only reason I was going hard. Not gonna lie. It was super fun competing with you, even though you most certainly had more time to waste. It was fun being #2 for a while, I miss that.. It's a shame that the server came along at a bad point in my life. IF that hadn't have been the case.. I can assure you. I would've pushed you to 200 without a doubt.
    PebbsPebbs Gotta mention you again. Throwing me into Dalmascus was a fun ride, it's a shame it ended prematurely.
    @Bishop Umang. I miss you buddy, you and Neko through buddy chat was all the amusement I needed.
    NekoNeko OKAY HENTAI. WHAT YOU DOING. WHY AREN'T YOU 200?

First Return:
    This was the Staff. I had to leave due to a lot of RL issues, and they were surprisingly supportive of my absence and return. This is the same for my second, and third, returns, and I just want to extend my thanks to the team. c: Glad they're there and understanding.

Second Return:
    HyugaHyuga Taking me into Aeon really helped me get back into the swing of things, it was nice having a community to hop into and just meld back in with. I appreciate what you've done, and I hope life is going well for you.
    @hotguy6pack Franco. You nerd. I will admit that for two levels I had just sat there and chatted to FRanco while he sat in gobies and farmed, being his meso-up mule and taking levels for it. 94 - 96. Never forget. Despite your BS in BL chat, you're fairly supportive and I'm glad I met you. C:

Third Return:
    JoyJoy Thanks for taking me into Demure after Aeon died out, Demure is a lovely guild, and you've done very well to bring it up from nothing. As stupid as it sounds, I'm proud of you. I'm glad to be a part of this guild, and I hope everything just blooms well in the future.
    @Demure Ya'll nerds are the best. I love hanging out with you guys. c:

Honourable Mentions:
    AeroAero Get to it Cal. #2 NL is yours.
    @Revok You're gone now, but, I'll see you soon.
    SucreSucre Pushing all the wrong buttons to make all the right things happen. I'm glad there's someone who is negatively positive.
    MaddyMaddy Favourite little FM AFKer. Push on, be the best AFKer.
    VonBITVonBIT I'm glad you're doing well in life, I hope to keep up with our little chats now and again, hope to see you soon, hey?
    DoapDoap Haven't seen you in months! But it's always nice to see you around.

I think that's all. IF I missed you, sorry, I'm rushign this. Will edit later. 120 Today hype.

• Like Like x 8
  20. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Hmm my motivation...

Initially it was NekoNeko he rose to the top so fast and was/is such a nice guy. To this day he remains a good friend of mine! But when I finally passed him FeelsGoodMan

Then there was AeroAero who with out idk how far I would have made it on this server. Horizon was probably the best thing that happened to me, introduced me to so many people who I've become so close too. Including the scrub I tagged in this line, he is now one of my closest friends.

MartyMarty Is next one this list, his dedication to his class and his incredible attention to detail as always inspired/motivated me.

KimberlyKimberly is a big inspiration to me, she gets a lot of shit and still stands tall. My time with the staff was an amazing experience. With her dedication to the server I would not have met some of the amazing people that I call my best friends.

LuigianoLuigiano is definitely one of my favorite people on this server. He is always great to talk to and is such a chill guy, love you almond <3

LosjLosj was a huge motivator for me early game, we use to literally arrange our scheduled to grind together, he is always incredibly funny and easy to talk to. this dudes dedication is so infatuating he definitely pushed me to go as far as I did.

AzroaAzroa is a dickbutt.

NaviNavi This one is a little different because it doesn't have to do with the game. Before and even more so during my time with the staff, seeing the hard work you put into polishing the server inspired me to pick up programing again. While the server has it's issues here and there this is still by far the most polished v62 server I have ever seen.

More to come but I don't feel like typing at the moment ~~
    also I didn't proof read this, typos/grammar mistakes abound.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    • Like Like x 7