1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gachapon

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Gi, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    11:26 PM
    Hi everyone

I would like to open this thread, officially, to bundle all the feedback you have about the new gachapon system. Although we (can) crunch a lot of numbers, we love to hear how you experience it. Just in short again which change we're discussion here:

This thread is meant for positive feedback (e.g. don't say: "remove", say "change it to"). It is ok to disagree, but be constructive about it.

We're looking for feedback about: globalization of the gachapons, job-based bonuses for certain towns, ticket drop rate, rewards rates, the rewards themselves. Basically anything related to gachapon.

:)

• Like Like x 3
  2. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    12:26 AM
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    Generly i think the everything gets everywhere is very very smart. So +1

Besides that... i also loved the highly legendry rate in hunting tickets so +2

But.
    The hunting rate drop rate is for my opinion low you can grind for 4-5 hours to get none and i think its a bit wrong because grinding should be motivated :)
    A buff in drop rate of hunting tix will do great i think and also nerf the Vot2Win espect of the game.
    Beside that i didnt gached enough to point a specific change in vote gach :D

Like i said i think the change was good just need a bit rate changes

Anyway ty for looking for our opinions.

3. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Sean
    vote2win... what? I thought voting was available to everyone how does that aspect even exists?

4. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    By vote2win he means you can get rich without even playing the game, by just voting and then returning once in a while to Gacha.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    6:26 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Don't nerf vote2win, I'm saving up nx so I can gach and give out stuff OnionMuha
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  6. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    5:26 PM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    I definitely agree with a hunting ticket drop rate increase.
    I have absolutely zero interest in gaching with tickets earned by vote. After reviewing the gach guide, I wouldn't touch it unless I just so happen to be level 45+ with a completely empty inventory and 0 mesos.

7. nevo

nevo Mixed Golem

Dec 24, 2015
    Male
    MeIsMage
    Bishop
    Demure
    Give me stuff MapleF11

8. Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    7:26 AM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    I think gachapon definitely saw an improvement after the update. From my observation it added a variety of scrolls to the market that were limited in their available prior to the update. I do, however, have some criticisms.

I can't say that I agree with the nerf of legendary items in the (cash) tickets after only a few days. I feel like it was far to early to make that call. Ever since that nerf i've seen almost no legendary items show up in the chat window. I do think the (hunting) tickets should have higher rates for legendary items because it adds incentive to grind by rewarding players through gameplay but perhaps the rates for (cash) tickets were altered a little too drastically.

As mentioned above, having the (hunting) tickets with a higher rate is a great idea, however, I have to agree with UnitedUnited in saying that the drop rate feels way too low, and i'm sure many others would agree.

Personally I feel like the rates for potions are too high. I know there is supposed to be junk items in gach but i'd rather get equips for my junk so that I could at least npc them. I don't know about everyone else but i drop every potion i get from gach as soon as my run is over.

You guys are doing a good job and heading in the right direction, just maybe some changes to the rates here and there.
    P.S. I know i'm not supposed to tell you to add or remove stuff but you guys should totally add some dank chairs to the gach OnionHypno

• Like Like x 11
  9. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    3:26 PM
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    Trying to improve the economy is one thing, but you can only go so far when the economy is driven by the ability to gach for whatever you need for free.

Everybody is always in the same boat when it comes to gach, because it's completely random which is fine. What I don't get is why people think it's better that they are getting scrolls that they otherwise wouldn't have when they go to gach?

If I wanted something specific (for example I always want to gach for PACs which means I would to to one of the 5 vic cities). A side effect of that was I could choose which city to go specifically to AVOID all other items (i.e. either I find a PAC or I don't and I find pirate job items which was perfectly OK since I want both).

Now I'm gaching at Nautilus and I'm finding basically worthless items from all other cities, which were totally avoidable before.

The "120% buff" to that cities items is total math BS.

As an example, if a gach had 100 total items before, let's just say 70% (70 items) was job related equips/scrolls, and 30% (30 items) miscellaneous pots and legendary items (these are theoretical numbers to prove a point).

You've gone and made gach global to include items from ALL other cities?? So now an effective total pool of items coming out of that same gach is 500 items, but the job related only got a 20% boost? So... basically 70 items x 120% = 84 items, but now that the total items is 500+, the actual % is down to 84/500 = 17%.

Not to mention that legendary items rate got nerfed anyway so it's no better than before, might even be worse because again, the total pool is bigger so a 2% item before, allegedly with a rate increase to 4% is effectively less than 1% now in the total pool.

Trying to apply real world logic to "driving the economy" by stimulating the variety of gach output doesn't work, since the economy items are driven by a system which is FREE for players. Since my gaching now gives me useless items and scrolls which never sell or are very low in price (lets use polearm scrolls as an example), I am now contributing less to the market than I did before.

People say it was a problem before because people only gached where they knew the good stuff i.e. expensive items came from. Well... duh, that's essentially the invisible hand of the economy. Self interest drives actors to beneficial behavior. Gaching for stuff I want which I know will sell is what stimulates the exchange of items in shops for mesos.

What happens now when I get mostly junk items or scrolls which have never sold, and still will never sell (or sell for very little)? They items either are immediately npced and never see the light of day in the free market, or I will burn these ''useless'' scrolls on the items first, and then npc the items.

If you were to take a poll of the players asking "do you feel like the items in the free market that were hard to find are now appearing more? do the items which were overpriced increase in quantity and their prices drop?" pretty sure the overwhelming answer is nope. Expensive items remain expensive, items which were fairly obtainable before by any player, even a new player without funds, are now diminished even further. And the market remains driven by those who have the expensive items and scrolls, since they / we can dictate what price we want (especially if we're not really in need of money). This is only hurting the new players, and is plain annoying to the established players.

Another example: jobwise, there's always been a higher demand for claw scrolls, for the high number of nightlords. At least we were able to generate a steady supply of claw scrolls for that market demand. Sure they were expensive, but its because its a preferred item.

Now if everyone tried to gach at kerning, they probably still wouldn't come up with as much a supply for claw 30s, and the demand hasn't changed. You've just driven the cost up even more.

To the NL's out there, chime in, because I'm sure you know this is true. Same goes for the other mostly played and popular classes.

If I'm gonna find those semi-expensive scrolls now out of gach, now that there is less output for them, you can safely bet I'm gonna put them in my shop and hike the price up. What used to be or is currently 6-7mil, I'm gonna put up for 10-12, simply because I can and you don't come by them as often anymore. Not because I need the money, but probably because demand is so great it might eventually change everyone's shop prices to 10-12mil.

.. and so, players just quit because it's not worth the time and effort.

At the end of the day, it is just a game and one of it's game mechanics. I don't lose any sleep over this. I'm pointing out that changing this specific mechanic hasn't really helped the server, not from what I witness. It's made it worse, and being a player of this server, that inadvertently affects me, whether I gach or not. But we won't know this until we do a poll of all the server players and get a consensus on whether it's better or worse.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 7
  10. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    Look... scroll wise, nothing really change.
    I think the idea behind the new gach is not scrolls is the unique items.
    B4 ppl gach at the gold mines:
    Showa with shiled and bot dex, eliena for the int scrolls and ele wand and a bit in shrine...
    And because of that item like skis, bwg, mask and even chaos although he was from mush... just didnt exist.
    And know you can see more of those.
    So yea YOU cant find the scrolls you want but at the end for a small server this is the system we need... everything will be out there and if you cant find your scroll in gach.. head the FM to look for it.

11. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    That's just it eli, those "gold mines" you're talking about existed because of demand. If there was a demand for skis, people would have gached perion and there would be more skis if there were more people to buy.

But now, you're offsetting what is in demand and what is not in demand. You're seeing more skis now? Ok but who's buying them?
    People still need shield and bottom dex, the demand didn't go down.. but the supply sure did.

As for the idea of unique items, like I said.. if Gi was to give you the physical number of your % chance of getting a legendary item from a specific gach before vs that same specific gach now, I'm pretty sure that number has a lower rate of output.

12. OP
    OP
    Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    It is higher for tickets from voting, and significantly higher for tickets from farming. And not only is the rate higher, it also comes from every gachapon which makes it even more likely to come in the game. Furthermore, the rates will remain the same even if other items get added or removed.

13. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    I think an increase in job-based bonuses would be nice. Being able to get job-related items from the towns was something I really liked about the previous gach system (not as effective now). Also maybe decrease the chance of messenger cash items.

• Like Like x 2
  14. atobe

atobe Chronos

Oct 17, 2015
    Male
    Atobe
    Hero
    Demure
    i think the rates need to be tweeked a little higher. like lets be honestly I dislike the idea of only seeing 1 or 2 chaos scrolls in the fm. If you even see them. Most of them aren't even at an actual "selling" price but at an "offer" price because of how rare they are. My dream would be to have a NPC with those big ticket items that you could use as a money sink and curb inflation. it would also set a benchmark for those items in the fm. It would help out the classes that have to HP wash not use NX on gach. and for the classes who do have free nx (or finished washing) can still use it on gach and still get mesos out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Vith

Vith Dark Stone Golem

May 6, 2016
    Vith
    White Knight
    I agree about tweaking the rates for hunting gacha tickets. Since they've been available, I've only found one in my whole time playing. A rate of about one hunting ticket per an hour or two of grinding would be much more fair, I believe.

16. Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    Samus
    Marksman
    Idk if this is already in place or possible but could you change the rates of hunting gach tickets per map? I feel like certain places like tot or ellin forest deserve higher drop rate to make them more desirable.

• Like Like x 4
  17. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    the biggest problem is because all items come from all gach it's very difficult to control what you want to get! even with the bonus to job towns it's not enough.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    The only thing I'm going to say here is that you cannot artificially improve the economy by filling players' inventories with crappy scrolls that are underused (for good reasons). Sheer volume of trade does not equate to a healthy economy.

Players having some method of reliably obtaining what they want is a good economy. As it was stated, the 120% "boost" doesn't make much difference at all.

You're afraid that if players don't get a boatload of items they don't want shoved down their throat that the economy will stagnate. But the reality is that a free market where players can decide what kind of items they want to work towards would ensure that we don't end up in the all-too-common situation where the truly useful and valuable items are extremely rare and expensive, and tons of other underused, underpowered items flood the market and are often thrown away.

• Like Like x 4
  19. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    So is this going anywhere?
    Onionthehehe

20. deribou