1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the deal with Ellin Forest?

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Jaego, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Jaego

Jaego Blue Snail

Jun 24, 2016
    Male
    8:36 PM
    Jaego
    Crusader
    So yeah,

"Feeling adventurous? Why not explore Ellin Forest".

Just below the pink-coloured warning that I've played Maplegends for over 4 hours, this friendly Mapletip invites me to see more of the Mapleworld. Not too familiar with the place, I decided to take a look. Found some interesting concepts and the idea of prehistoric maple events intrigued me. But... there's not much to do there. The monsters seem to be around lv 45? Or something. Why aren't there any quests or something? Shouldn't every town or city have at least one small storyline to it?

Just a thought. It feels almost too empty now. For the record, I do know of the existence of ellin pq. But are there no individual quests there at all? Not one explaining what the heck this mysterious place is all about?

Thank you for reading.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    The quests are all post big-bang, unfortunately. If you really want to know, Ellin is Ellinia in the past. You can see a lot of NPCs as their younger versions there, like the bowman and warrior 1st job advancement NPCs.
    [​IMG]

There is a PQ, but currently un-coded in MapleLegends still.

3. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    I believe later the NPC was renamed to "Crawls with Balrog", which makes more sense and is kinda cute c:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  4. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    11:36 AM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    If I remember correctly, Ellin Forrest was first added to GMS as it appears in Legends now, with the monsters and NPCs only.
    Then they later added the party quest you mentioned, then later still the quest line, as Poof mentioned.
    Someone please correct me if I am wrong, it has been many years haha. Thanks ^^

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    2:36 PM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    dont waste your time lol

• Like Like x 3
  6. Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Yeah I noticed the NPC names were a bit off, and not how I remember them. "Dances with Zakum" makes no sense, and Athena Pierce is called "Helena". I guess it's because they hadn't really bothered translating the names properly yet for Ellin in v62, so I've changed them to their proper names for next patch. Kim told me the Magatia NPC names were also weird in v62 data, so she changed some of Magatia's NPC names as well before releasing it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    LORE? PogChamp

8. Vith

Vith Dark Stone Golem

May 6, 2016
    Vith
    White Knight
    I would really like to see quests here too. Maybe custom quests could be implemented?

• Like Like x 1
  9. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    no flame but if this map adds no quests or npcs to this version maybe something more interesting could've been added instead (Amoria pq? PogChamp)
    of course maybe this one was much easier to add than apq but as it stands very few people go to Ellin Forest and even less of them stay there for more than a few seconds, since nothing's there

• Like Like x 1
  10. Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Yeah, Derrick why are you slacking, please add Amoria PQ ty.

Ellin Forest was already pretty much in files, there was no reason to not release it when we found out that there were no quests.

• Like Like x 2
  11. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    applying for dev position PogChamp

• Like Like x 1
  12. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015