1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

boost HP from scrolls

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheDude, Jul 2, 2016.

Yes or no, to this idea?

1. yes

71.4%
  2. no

28.6%
  1. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    11:02 AM
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    im not sure if this is implemented or not. or whether or not its a feasible idea
    okay, so people hp wash right, and it takes alot of nx. and personally i see alot of people just dropping scrolls for HP. what if you changed the HP gained from scrolls to like x30 to x50. so that the scrolls will have incentive to be used, and no need for hardcore HP washing?
    n'est ce pas? buuuddy

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. blackjack

blackjack Snail

Dec 5, 2015
    9:02 AM
    even if this was possible, people would still rather have real gear with real stats than hp gear. you would still be playing a crippled character if you didn't wash.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    but it gives us some options. and whos to say you have to do either or, you can do a mix of it

• Like Like x 2
  4. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    5:02 PM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    +1 from me.
    Would personally probably only use it for my hp marksman, but I agree, those hp scrolls are so useless.
    Even when you compare them to weapon att scrolls.
    Shield for atk 60 gives 2 watt (and 1 str), which equals to about 14/15 luk (at relatively higher levels (thiefs)).
    The hp scrolls as you indicated give in this example +15 maxHp.

This would mean that if you landed a atk scroll you would gain about 14/15 ap points, while if you hitted the hp scroll (avg hp gain is 16 (I think), if you put a point into hp) you would gain about 1 ap point.

Of course using atk scrolls for the example is not really fair, but even if you look at other scrolls most of the times you recieve 2 ap points, while hp scrolls always only give about 1 (equal value).

• Like Like x 4
  5. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    HP washing in itself is a major undertaking and it's often considered best to start it at a very early level. However, for those who feel it's too much effort and yet now reach the end game. Paying it with HP scrolls instead of good gear I think would be a feasable compromise. It is not like you need those HP gear all the time. But to have HP scrolls give more and allow for people to HT just with lesser gear I approve.

To me it feels it hits two birds with 1 stone. Allowing people to HT, and making HP scrolls useful.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Togain

Togain Orange Mushroom

Sep 28, 2015
    Horntail's Cave
    10:02 AM
    Togain
    Dark Knight
    This is a pretty good idea, honestly. Also, as far as I know, it should be pretty easy to change the values. +1

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    personally im anti-HP washing because it seems like something that was flawed, but Neckson never cared to change it cuz they were making money via people buying resets.but i dont mind if people want to though

just a small thing to consider, if lower level alts were using items scrolled for alot of HP, then these lower level characters would have a bit of an advantage with extra HP. for ex. level 10 with extra 10k HP.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Lower levels with good scrolled gear always have an advantage. I to be honest see more advantage in a 10atk wg then in 10k extra hp...

9. OP
    OP
    TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    bump.
    but seriously i would like some people(s), with decision making authority, to consider this

10. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    8:02 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I think this is a good idea. If you wash, you should want scrolls that target your main attribute. If you don't, then you should want scrolls that target HP/MP. Either way shouldn't be better or worse than the other.

Personally, I've thought that Defense scrolls should be made more useful, too. Defense is such a worthless stat because your level determines the damage you take far more so than the defense you have. Your defense should have a direct relationship to the level monsters you are fighting. If you don't have enough defense, the monsters should be able to do intensive damage to you - enough to make you need Defense (either by level appropriate equips or Defense scrolls). If the game becomes all about doing the most damage, then the game is linear in its focus.

11. jasonthief

jasonthief Mushmom

Jun 3, 2015
    Male
    Drowsily
    Bowmaster
    loool what did i just read

12. OP
    OP
    TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    well, since this thread is under 'feedback & suggestions'. i put forward the argument, that what you just read is a suggestion and/or feedback pertaining to whatever this forum is associated with, i.e. maplelegends.
    also the name of the thread is 'boost hp from scrolls', which i interpret as 'boost the hp given from hp scrolls'... one might even make the claim that this thread is self-explanatory

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Im not sure you understand the comfort concept of washing.
    The only thing you lose from washing is time, since you have to wait on votes to fund your washing. In the end you'll have all your ap in the right place and damage scrolled gear.
    Hp washing will always be better.

And how much hp do you expect scrolls to give.
    Even a non washed 15x nl will barely got 3.8k-4k hp flat which is not enough to ht. (5.6k)

Assuming you have hat, top, both, Cape, gloves, eye, earring, to scroll for hp do you expect to get 1.6k-1.8k total? That's about 250 hp per gear.

You'd be losing so much damage it won't be worth it. And if you expect to only have 2-3 hp gears 600-900hp per gear is overly op.

When you hp wash you are rewarded with more health at the cost of time and damage early on. It is and always will be the best way. Or you could wait til 19x when you have enough flat hp purely by leveling.

14. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Don't you think there could be a middle ground between op 600-900 hp gear and lacking 250 hp gear? Washing is obviously better in the long run but what's wrong with allowing people that didn't wash to be able to experience boss runs?

15. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    Just bloodwash a BM/MM theyre only there for SE anyways Kreygasm

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hyoon

Dec 1, 2015
    It's never too late to wash, adding int at a low level and remembering to wear decent ints is so easy to do.

People who are complaining about this now (I highly doubt) have not reached a point where they can boss but don't have the hp for it in regards to level.

It is really easy to scavenge a few int gears with the extremely low cost of scrolls and even adding base int for the remainder of the levels will help.

I don't see why that's so hard to do.

If you are essentially just missing 250hp then you don't need hp gear. You just have to be extremely diligent in the way you move around and boss. Hb will solve a lot of problems that you may consider and the base hp required for bosses such as ht is just a luxury in case of a dispell that removes hb.

A prime example would be tommy(babo) who at his level hted regularly but had a little lower hp than required at the time to survive. However dks always kept up hb and the necessity of reaching the min hp was averted.

All hp washing is, is a luxury for players to not have to worry about dispells and such, and it's not expensive to do so. Int gears can easily be shared among players, and ap resets come on the daily if you vote daily.

It isn't like gms where you have to pay for it so I don't see why such things need to be implemented. Legends is a nice community and players often share their int gear to help others grow strong and make the bossing raids much faster.

• Like Like x 2
  17. OP
    OP
    TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    what if you play casually? and/or dont want to waste nx on resets? and/or want to use it on gachapon? and/or want to boss early? and/or what if someone doesnt care about the extra damage they could have received if their equips were not scrolled for hp?

this thread isnt to debate which is better, because you already know the answer. also this thread is addressing the fact that HP scrolls are dropped because they have no real value. and annolis has also extended this idea to defense scrolls.

also ask yourself whats the point of hp washing, when moderators can edit the game to completely remove this aspect?

more freedom?, why not
    you want to waste your time?, why not
    should i waste my time?, do i have to?

18. Hyoon

Dec 1, 2015
    If you play casually, you won't be at the level to be useful in bosses.

It's not a waste, it's an investment.

How early are we talking about? If it's below 13x, no one would really take you. You have no damage anyways with low level skills.

Then why dont you blood wash, every point can effectively give 20-24hp for ranged, and 50+ for melee

There's a lot of useless scrolls, glove dex, all def scrolls, mdef scrolls, weapons for accuracy. Are you asking to buff them all?

HP washing is a luxury, it allows players to boss at earlier levels at the cost of spending more NX and time to prepare ints and levels.
    It also forces players to be excessively weaker before they are fully washed and can compete with others, but a well worth it.

Mods can also remove a lot of other aspects, it doesn't make it any more useless.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    I don't really think that this suggestion only depends on wether it's useful for bossing/endgame stuff. It might just be fun for low level players who find these scrolls to have them do something that's actually useful.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    6:02 PM
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    This isnt useless.