1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rabbit Sofa Change

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Heartiess, Oct 24, 2016.

Would you like Rabbit Sofa to go back to what it was originally?

1. Yes

65.2%
  2. No

34.8%
  1. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

7:57 PM
    So i dont know when this happened but my Rabbit Sofa went from this adorableness:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

to this: ???

[​IMG]

Please change it back?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    8:57 PM
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    I second this movement

3. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Reason this happened is because I included some layer fixes along with the latest patch. v62 only supports 1 layer, but many chairs have 2 layers, so I photo-shopped some together, wherever I could. This is how the sofa was always meant to look.

You can see it in the icon too:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. OP
    OP
    Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

Last thing i want to do is sound whiny and I really appreciate you revising things and fixing them, but there's no possibility of reverting it?

Unless of course someone had asked for it to change, then id understand

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    3:57 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    I see the chair exactly the same, but the character became uglier. Maybe that's the issue

• Like Like x 12
  6. Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    I can do that if majority of people want that.
    (next time post suggestions in suggestion section tho huehue)

So shADY

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

Wow rip me, 7months of nx for that hair.

I didnt know where to post it to be honest LOL
    Is there a way i can make edit in a poll?

8. Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

Thank you :)

10. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    nubjuleznubjulez What about the little bird than? Its part of the 2 layer chair but you want that fine but not the associated tree? Or you don't want the bird either and just the chair being a chair?

11. OP
    OP
    Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

The little bird was there when I bought the chair using donor points. It was expected and its cute. When I bought the chair, the branch and poop-box-cake-thing were not there. Like I said before, in my personal opinion, they make the chair less attractive.

Edit: The change was also unexpected and it was not mentioned anywhere.
    Edit edit: After rereading your comment, I misunderstood a part. Yes I would like the bird to stay. Therefore it would be the bird+Rabbit sofa instead of bird+treebranch+poopthing+Rabbit sofa

12. Planisphere

Planisphere Master Chronos

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Australia
    4:57 AM
    Planisphere
    Shadower
  13. shani

shani Mano

Jan 19, 2016
    Female
    israel
    9:57 PM
    Bishop
    PlanispherePlanisphere hahaha yeahh OnionBlush

14. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    How exactly was the bird expected and the tree wasn't? You can't preview the item in the Cash Shop and the tree was in the original game, as well as the icon.

Random screenshot on google:

http://nxcache.Neckson.net/spotlight/286/00ES3-406ad9ef-9a46-43d8-a930-fb12da9d6665.png

EDIT: I mean I see myself too why you would want the tree gone, since it looks so white and clean, but it makes sense to either remove everything or nothing, otherwise it looks incomplete and broken.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  15. awandy

awandy King Slime

Jun 21, 2016
    Male
    2:57 PM
    Ambient
    F/P Arch Mage
    Nebula
    Nubby, learn to wz edit; it's really simple. Change that chair to fit your preference or let me edit it for you :D. The chair should present its original purpose, so the revision is not needed.

16. OP
    OP
    Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

The issue is that when i saw it IN GAME before purchasing, it had the bird and not the tree. I bought it BECAUSE OF the look. Then, randomly, few months later, it changes to something ugly.
    I bought it because it looked a certain way. I did not google it before buying it because i had seen it in game. Even in my inventory, the Cash Shop Coin HIDES the branch so you cant see it either.
    Its like buying a Black TShirt at a store, then one day someone comes, takes the black tshirt without any warning and replaces it with the same tshirt but in red.

If the way it was in the first picture was a mistake, it does NOT make sense to randomly change it especially without warning and if it was bought with donor points.

Even if i were to wz.edit, every one EXCEPT me would see the tree brand and poopthing. Its still ugly. And im not the only one who wants it back, obviously.

17. OP
    OP
    Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

Im on my ghetto phone so editing posts is super laggy but:

If the incomplete look bothers you then I guess it would be to remove everything.
    But it was possible to have the bird there before and it was still adorable. i dont know about the others but I never found it incomplete.

If you are really against reverting the chair because of its incompleteness, another option would be to i guess refund players and delete the chair from inventories. If they still want it, they can repurchase it, if not, they have the option to buy another chair

18. Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    To explain why it happened and why it wasn't mentioned anywhere. The patch was for the Halloween event, which included Halloween chairs. I had to fix some of these, like the Olivia Chair, otherwise she would've looked like this (1 arm):
    [​IMG]

I just forgot that the files in the patch also included fixes for 2 public chairs, so didn't bother to mention it. This one and the Aluminium chair:
    [​IMG]
    (added more swords to the bottom)

I don't see the change as dramatic as you're making it out to be though. You're comparing it to changing the entire colour of an item, but all that was changed it that more details were added. :oops:

You're saying that one reason you bought it is that you can't see the branch in your inventory, but you can't even see an item in your inventory before you buy it. You can see the branch in the Cash Shop, though, which is the actual icon you see before you buy it.
    [​IMG]

Other than that I understand the argument of seeing other people sitting on it in-game, and expecting it to look like that.

I voted for no, because I really don't want to change back my work. crymush And I do really feel like it looks more complete now.

19. OP
    OP
    Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

I think it would be important to add more detail into updates even when dealing with smaller things.

Like I said, theres always the possibility of refunding the donor points if youre truely against it. If people still want the chair they can buy it again. But i think thats more work than just reverting it.

It just sucks because even though the visual impact isnt as drastic as a full colour change, it hides the bunnies arm and tail. Hiding it with something unattractive ...

I mean we can all agree that it looks like a literal white poop on a box. I dont know what Neckson was thinking.

20. Distance

Distance Dark Stone Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    9:57 PM
    tbh that tree thing looks really bad and if the dilemma is between something looking really ugly and unclean against not matching the original source (or as Kimberly phrased this "incomplete and broken") I'd go happily with incomplete and broken. It seems like Neckson went full retardopaloopa with the tree poop thing and it's no shame IMO to believe that we are all here to improve the game aesthetically wise too.

An alternative so Poof doesn't feel like she worked for nothing and so the chair fits with the thumbnail could be to move the tree poop thing more to the right so it's after the tail and the tail could be seen.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 2