1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A giveaway, A reminder, An Introduction

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jackii Kon, Oct 31, 2016.

AAA GIVEAWAY TIME WHEN?!?!?!

Poll closed Nov 5, 2016.
  1. EU friendly time!!!!

13 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. NA friendly time :^)

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  3. Australia m8

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  1. Jackii Kon

Jackii Kon Dark Stone Golem

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    7:00 PM
    Dragon Knight
    :(
    !! I'M GONNA EDIT THIS MULTIPLE TIMES !!

GIVEAWAY:
    12th of November, 3pm CET

Uhm, hello!
    It's 1 in the morning, so I have no idea where this thread is gonna go exactly and my choice of words might end up being a little strange but I hope you don't mind too much. I kind of wanted to structure this thread into three seperate parts however, I have no idea how I'm gonna do it so kindly tag along and follow me on a magical journey of sleep deprived rambling!

Let's start with the introduction, I think.

Hello stranger, my name is Kiriakos though most people just call me Jacky! I'm from Germany, I'm 20 years old and I am currently studying English language and literature along with linguistics! I wanted to go for psychology but that didn't really work out..
    In my free time I like to sleep, eat, sleep more, watch anime, play games and hang out with friends. I'm trying really hard to think about things that are interesting about me but I guess there's just not a lot. I live on my own, I love cats, I like the serene silence winter brings, and I used to do a lot of sports, though now I kind of just sit around and enjoy being lazy!
    People often tell me I seem like an asshole or at the very least like some sort of stoic, distanced, apathetic person but in all honesty I am just incredibly shy. Until I warm up to someone I usually play a passive role and just observe and stay quiet until spoken to, frankly I'm not easy to get all buddy-buddy with. I've now been a part of MapleLegends for a bit more than a year but due to most people staying in their groups, my inability to socialize with strangers and the occasional drama that takes place, I have been unable to get to know a lot of people I REALLY wanted to get to know!
    Now, it'd be a lie to say I actually tried talking to them, but as I mentioned..quiet guy. BUT I wanted to change that and I hope I can do so now.

Now, let's go for the reminder!

In case you MAYBE ever heard my name somewhere but can't seem to remember: My IGN is JackiiKon, I'm a Lvl 135 Hero, former member of Lunar, Project and Aloha. If there's anything I maybe could've been known for it's that I almost exclusively played solo. No parties, no HS, no leech. (There were exceptions for the parties and HS parts of course, but I'd like to say I played 85% solo)
    If you ever ran into me somewhere, asked for a party and I refused, I'm sorry! Other than that I don't really think there's anything I could remind people of.
    Wow I actually really didn't do anything lol

Anyway, time to talk about what actually made you click on this thread! The Giveaway!

I'd lie if I said that I don't have any time to play games with university and jobs in my life so instead let me put it like this: University and jobs keep me very busy, but not busy enough to make me stop playing games. Frankly I don't think that anything in my life would stop me from playing games I enjoy. However, when I do make time for games I like to play stuff I enjoy more, stuff I can enjoy with people I've known for years, thus I am mostly playing League of legends and Black desert online.
    As you can see there's no place for Legends there, but I'd still like to do something for the community and server that allowed me to actively experience nostalgia for a good 6 months. So, I am giving away most, if not all of my equipment, scrolls and money, while I start trying to get to know people a little better. I'll be on from time to time, dropping in and out, seeing how everyone is doing!
    giveaway1.PNG
    giveaway2.PNG
    giveaway3.PNG
    giveaway4.PNG
    giveaway5.PNG
    giveaway6.PNG
    giveaway7.PNG
    giveaway9.PNG
    giveaway10.PNG

Alright since the poll is over and most people voted for the EU friendly time I'll aim for that. My internet has been quite bad lately so I kind of want to do the giveaway a little later so I don't DC every 4 minutes.
    Anyway we're gonna aim for the 12th of november, 3pm CET. (If this is absolutely horrible just tell me and we'll work something out)

As for how the giveaway is gonna work exactly, I don't know yet. I was thinking of doing a quiz but I don't know about that yet. I could also do a quest-like giveaway which in my mind basically is: "bring me X amount of this item, first one to do so will get [insert item here]". With that I'd of course be aiming for stuff everyone can kill, but it'd require people to get to the same starting point and would put people with teleport rocks at a huge advantage, I think. (I have no idea how those work so...Yeah.)

I'll think about it this week.

Uhh I think that's all for now..I know this is horrible to read through and feels like a chore, but if you managed to read until here: thank you! Feel free to like give me ideas on how to do this giveaway thing or just talk to me in general i am lonely please don't leave me no stay
    (i'm not lonely, don't worry all is well)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Planisphere

Planisphere Master Chronos

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Australia
    3:00 AM
    Planisphere
    Shadower
    Catching up in lvls Onionthehehe

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Jackii Kon

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Dragon Knight
    Giveaway 2.0

Mostly random stuff here, but if you know me you know I like tossing 10% scrolls on random items and I enjoy collecting random 2h swords!
    Random!

giveaway11.PNG
    giveaway12.PNG
    giveaway13.PNG
    giveaway14.PNG
    giveaway15.PNG
    giveaway16.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  4. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Rasenganjedi

Rasenganjedi Slimy

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands
    Buccake
    Buccaneer
    Nebula
    I remember you,
    sort of,
    not really.

Can't wait to get free items, for free.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Chow

Chow Selkie Jr.

Jul 28, 2016
    Male
    It's almost scary how much I felt like I was reading a self written post about myself personally, not to mention the solo player part.. Interesting to say the least lol..!

Regarding the poll:
    I voted Aussie m8, even tho I'm from EU x).

• Like Like x 3
  7. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Same here. tonguemush

Welcome back.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Isaac

Isaac Selkie Jr.

Sep 15, 2015
    Male
    Vancouver
    10:00 AM
    Goblin
    Mafia
    I remember you :) I also chose BDO over Legends for a while.. the grind got the better of me though. Still hurts thinking about all those life skills trophies I left behind :( Welcome back regardless

• Like Like x 3
  9. OP
    OP
    Jackii Kon

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Dragon Knight
    Bump because now we have a date and time!

• Like Like x 1