1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Malaysia Scar / Targa Entry

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by bbokko, Nov 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    4:00 PM
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    Apparently, some people yesterday could not get into scar and targa more than once (after one fully completed run). Even if they had the teddy bears and the quest was not in progress either.

Tommy and Sunny I think were affected (Babo Dulce)

Worth looking into pls :) Since lots of us wanna run but not if we can only go once.

Should be able to run as many times as we want as long as the squad leader is different each time.

2. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    12:00 AM
    We originally meant for everyone to be able to enter twice per day (resets at midnight server time), just like Zakum. Also just like Zakum, the run only counts as an entry when you spawn either one of the bosses. The issue was that spawning both bosses counted as 2 entries, but that has now been fixed.

Since it's now again how we meant it to be (2 entries per day), I'll mark this thread as fixed. But could you tell me where you got the info that you should be able to run unlimited times? To me that seems a bit weird and overpowered, but I'd still like to know if that's how it was in GMS or MSEA.

Also, as a bonus for everyone who did a run today kind of being our Malaysia Boss beta testers; we wiped the entry logs from today, so you are still able to do 2 more Fantasy Theme Park runs today before midnight (@time)!

EDIT:
    What should also be fixed now is that you get kicked out when the timer runs out.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    Hey poof,

I'm going off of how I remember GMS to be, but also this guide also states the same thing as I am remembering

https://maplesushi.wordpress.com/2009/10/30/scarlion-and-targa-quests/

"The Scarlion and Targa have to be summoned so most groups only summon one each time you enter, since with both, many people will die. To summon one, drop a Spirit Of Fantasy Theme Park (teddy bear etc.) ontop of the statue of the boss you wish to fight. You also can enter as many times per day, but you can only lead once per day."

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    I'll see if I can find any more guides stating the same thing. But I myself remember doing multiple per day on GMS

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=448337

Down in the scar targa section

After you have formed your party talk to the NPC in the map Entrance to Spooky World and then your expedition may enter the boss fight.

You may only fight Scarlion & Targa in channels 10, 12, 13 or 14

You can only LEAD a party once per day, however you can fight Scarga as many times as you want

Now I'm sure most guides we find online more or less were referencing each other around the time theme park was released, but if they weren't true then I'm sure they would have been edited to reflect the correct information in the game at the time.

6. OP
    OP
    bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    I do remember that scar targa runs was an advantage over Zak because we weren't limited to 2 times per day like we were with Zak, which made scar targa runs very popular at the time. We made so much bank off of those helms. OnionCourage$$$$$

7. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    rip solo dreams

8. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    1:00 AM
    Sean
    REMOVE RUN LIMITS MAKE IT RAIN TARGAS ALL DAY BBYYYYYYYYYYYY

9. OP
    OP
    bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    So poof / kim, since the sources say that GMS allowed unlimited entries.. are we gonna change it to be the same ;)

10. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    No.

It's very inconsistent with other bosses, making it overpowered.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    To add to this we are also not as big as GMS, making pretty much everyone have a helm, and everything within a week. Not a fan.

12. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    1:00 AM
    Sean
    can we get a list of skill book drops from scar/targa?

13. OP
    OP
    bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    Oh that's too bad, the whole point of scarga when it was first released was because it was OP and not limited/consistent with Zak...hence it's popularity. oh well Onion...

14. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Same as how it was in MapleSEA, which I believe is same as how it was in GMS.

15. Phantom

Phantom Horny Mushroom

Mar 27, 2016
    5:00 PM
    Then whats the point of capping it? Any of the older players can beat scar and targa at will now considering both combined are weaker than zak. Capping it would just be a hindrance to an already easily beaten goal.

16. Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    8:00 AM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    I Disagree. While many of us will get our helmets relatively quickly don't think that they are here to stay. Most of us just want to boom helmets all day long with 30% scrolls because we already have scrolled Zhelms so there is less pressure on preserving them. Also the EXP is total garbage so I don't think it's overpowered if we were running it multiple times a day.
    If your not gonna uncap it maybe a nice compromise would be increasing the cap from 2 to like 4, or at the very least, buffing the EXP.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    Road to 40+ dex helm Kreygasm

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    The cap is at 2 runs, which means 4 bosses. That's a lot of helms (2 to 8 if I'm not mistaken). That's already more zakum.

I'm actually going to close this thread as it is a bug report. But please, feel free to make suggestions in our suggestions board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.