1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Quest Level Restriction :(

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Invincible, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Invincible

Invincible Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Canada/Quebec
    6:31 AM
    Invincible
    Bishop
    Honor
    I do not understand why some quest have a level restriction on Victoria Island, the more quest there is the more thing we have to do, the level restriction to be able to do some quest is just pointless and make no sense, why not remove it so we have more quest if we choose to do them on a higher level.

2. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    12:31 PM
    Which have a level restriction?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Feel free to list me all quests that have a 'max level'. I may actually consider removing the 'max levels' since I find it pretty silly as well, but I would need a list.

4. OP
    OP
    Invincible

Invincible Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Canada/Quebec
    Invincible
    Bishop
    Honor
    If you need a quick example there is Manji and the Secret Group which is under lvl 29 only, i do not feel like leveling another character to find each single quest that have a level limit to be able to do them when an Admin can easily find them up.

5. OP
    OP
    Invincible

Invincible Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Canada/Quebec
    Invincible
    Bishop
    Honor
    Dont you have the power to instant lvl a character and find them really quick? I used to be a GM on another server i doubt as an Admin you cant do it to find those quest in no time.

6. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
  7. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Mainly the lvl restriction in quests is due to being inside a PQ, so, for example, accepting the quests that requires that you go inside PPQ map, will be innecessary over lvl 100, because you cant go inside anymore.

As you said about the manji one, that quest have a lvl restriction "below XX lvl" , but that is focused to make you able to go to ariant "fast" in a way, so if you want to lvl your new character there, you can before 2nd job. I think that there are no more quests like that, so you dont need to worry about a cap in more quests (the Manji one only gives you free limited trips to Ariant).

I havent found more quests like that except the PQ ones during my quester trip, but if i forgot some quest more with a lvl cap, let me know too, because i'm curious now MapleF2

• Like Like x 1
  8. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Take a look at that guide I linked to lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    I know about that post, i totally forgot about it and didnt see your answer sorry XD my bad. But yeah, what is there is the same, like, lvl cap on PQ related quests (for obvious reasons) and the Manji one.

10. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    The Manji one makes sense, because it leads you to a quest that gives you a letter to give to the 2nd job advancement NPC. Other than that I can't think of any quests besides PQ quests, which also make sense, since you can't do that PQ after that level anyway. The max level causes these quests to disappear from the 'Available Quests' window when you're higher than that level. Otherwise you're stuck with quests that are available/in progress that you can't even complete (most of the time).

• Like Like x 2
  11. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

11:31 AM
    I think this should be kept for every quest that is PQ related / job advancement related / or in any way similar to the Manji one.
    Making the Manji one available to all levels would be like a free teleport rock to Ariant. It was to help new players get to know the area, complete quests and not be completely broke from boat travel.

The only two quests that should probably have the level limit removed:
    Alcadno and the Ostracized Research (Level 71-85)
    Pre-requisite: None
    -Cannot be accepted above Level 85
    *Exclusive to 'Zenumist and the Ostracized Research'

Zenumist and the Ostracized Research (Level 71-85)
    Pre-requisite: None
    -Cannot be accepted above Level 85
    *Exclusive to 'Alcadno and the Ostracized Research'

And even then, I am not sure if these are also for the Magatia PQ or not.
    So unless you want quest you cant complete in your "available" tab, I dont see the point of removing the level limit on most of these quests.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Yeah, those 2 you said are from Magatia PQ, so level restriction is necessary.

• Like Like x 1
  13. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I agree, the quests are PQ/job related so the level limit should be kept. But,if the pq lvl limit gets removed then these quests will become available for higher lvl too =), and that will make pq`s and end game more fun imo.

14. Isaac

Isaac Selkie Jr.

Sep 15, 2015
    Male
    Vancouver
    3:31 AM
    Goblin
    Mafia
    The concerns people had about PQ level restrictions being removed can be solved easily imo. People with levels higher than the old restrictions can't party with the low levels, and get a better/no reward from the PQ. Increase EXP gained by higher levels in increments. Take LPQ for an example; level 35-50 gets 1x EXP, level 51-70 gets 1.5x EXP, level 71-90 gets 2x EXP. EXP multiplier should be looked into cause these are just numbers I made up as an example. This way higher levels can experience PQs that might get released later on (MPQ) and complete the PQ related quests without disturbing the balance we have right now for the lower leveled PQers.

Then there's the argument "if they wanted to do all the quests they should've planned ahead" argument by the hardcore questers who did PQs perfectly. Meh.

• Like Like x 3
  15. OP
    OP
    Invincible

Invincible Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Canada/Quebec
    Invincible
    Bishop
    Honor
    Like Isaac said you just make higher lvl being able to PQ with the other people that are also too high for the lvl requirement of the PQ that would be even better, that way we have more quest to do and we still can do all Party Quest without making it completly dumb for lower level. That would also fix that quest with no level requirement that ask for concentrate Etc from the PPQ and that is still avaible to lvl 100+ when they are actualy unable to still enter the Party Quest.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  16. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    That quest works perfectly fine. There's no level restriction because you don't need to enter the PQ to be able to finish it.

17. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    There's a Ludi quest by some Trojan NPC that lets all users except beginners take the quest.
    If this isn't racism i don't know what is :mad:

18. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    MapleTIP quest ID please?

19. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male