1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 Halloween event changes/suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Boxy, Sep 7, 2020.

Would you like to have this idea implemented?

Poll closed Sep 21, 2020.
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    42.6%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  3. Do a re-run of last year's Halloween event instead

36 vote(s)
    59.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Boxy

Boxy Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    1:12 PM
    Beginner
    Given the current event situation, it is clear that the events are not on schedule as the Staffs are already working hard with their current projects/events. The current summer event pushed back to end August 2020 means future events like the upcoming Halloween and Christmas event will be pushed back as well.

I would like to suggest, removing the upcoming Halloween event, but keep the increase exp rate and NX drop so that the Staff can take a break. This will increase the chances of future event (like Christmas event) starting on the expected month.

In exchange, the Staff team could maybe host a stream once or* twice in October 2020 of themselves playing other games like "Among us" or "skribbl". It be nice to see the Staff team having fun and this also speaks a lot about the server when the GMs themselves streams and play together.

Who knows, this idea could be fine tuned and be used like a "reset button" in order to align future events to their expected dates.

So Community, what do you think about this suggestion?

Edit 1 (8 September 2020)
    Some players suggested to rerun 2019 event instead. For more information about 2019 Halloween event, you can refer to the following the links:
    1) Halloween event introduction from the Staff team:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/halloween-event-2019.26704/

2) 2019 Halloween event rewards:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/halloween-2019-kaleido-spinner-reward-list.26845/

3) 2019 Halloween event cash item preview:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/2019-halloween-beauty-guide.26789/

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    2:12 PM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Apart from scrapping the Halloween event, i could suggest doing a re-run of last year's Halloween event too since it'll not require any new content while allowing players to still have something to do once the summer event concludes. SlimeSmile

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    Boxy

Boxy Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Hmmm.. let me add that option in the poll

4. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    10:57 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    A hard no on rerun of last year’s event. Just do a simple bonus exp.

5. Fraija1

Fraija1 Master Chronos

Jul 29, 2017
    Female
    Argentina
    2:12 AM
    CherryKiss
    Spearman
    -
    I wasnt there in last year event so i dont know what was the rewards of the last years halloween's.

For the still going summer event i want to say that only helps the higher tier characters (like 140 - 150+) because i already am a hunter lvl 50 and i only can pass the first phase of bosses in the boss pq and i dont have a very clear insight of all the maple wiki so the questions of cassandra for me its like more an headache more than a good income of ice's...

I mean i have some rewards by the pearls but with the like 150 items that drops a random item (in there are the ice's) i only have like 20 or so (i have an awfull luck i know n_nU). I dont want to make a disccusion about that or i dont want to brag about but this is my reality right now..

But i like the suggestion to have a break for the GM's because all the changes they do was very demmanding for them.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    1:12 AM
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    A rerun of last year's halloween event would be nice, tho I imagine it's still a lot of work. Since stews are expiring it'd be nice to have the opportunity to make more, and the zombie rings can also be nice replacements for the ring of melodies that expire in December :)

7. OP
    OP
    Boxy

Boxy Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    I've added some links that will allow newer players to see what was done for 2019 Halloween event!

8. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    8:12 AM
    Hero
    rerun of last years halloween event so we can potentially have christmas event on time.. interesting :vulcan::vulcan:

• Agree Agree x 1