1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice 500 users online reached

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, May 28, 2017.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:17 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hello Legends,

While lately I've been posting 'milestones' on our discord these days (Join: Click), this one is too much to slip through. Yesterday, Saturday May 27 we've reached a milestone of 500 users online (545 users online on site, 505 online using @online)

Of course such achievement is something we never expected to reach, and its thanks to a lot of new people trying out the server that came from a different server, but also thanks to people such as LinLin redrebootredreboot and more being positive with their experience and started make videos from us. Once again those that do came from other servers we can't welcome you enough and we hope you enjoy your stay or have a good experience thus far.

Of course we also just get new users daily because we are high listed on Google and GTOP, and likewise for those users we hope you enjoy your stay and have a good time playing an Old School MapleStory server
    ----
    Story:
    I've told this story many times in past, but MapleLegends was originally a server made for users that played on a server named 'ClassicMS'. ClassicMS was a 1x/1x/1x heavily GMS-like server with 2x exp cards. While the server was in good quality overall, the server had problems such as 'hidden' pay2win for users from specific guilds and other problems. ClassicMS was the first server I came back to back in 2012, followed up by a server named NobleStory where I got to 181 until it got closed down. My first Private Server was LocalMS in 2008. Yes, the original LocalMS.

MapleLegends as you've noticed is in very similar rates, 2x/1x/1x the 2x experience is basically 1x but we've removed 2x cards, so permanent 2x instead.

While MapleLegends was originally a 'vanilla' v0.62 Private Server it became quickly clear that people really wanted more content then just Skelies, thus quickly after release Temple of Time got released, and more content follows.

There's a lot of things that I originally didn't like or did like in MapleLegends. For one, originally I never wanted new content or new hairstyles, since I thought they do not fit in v0.62. There's still <some> things I do not like, but overall this got much better. Looking back now, I really like the new hairstyles and eyes, so I did outgrew that.

I also wanted MapleLegends to be 100% GMS-like, which mean I wanted remove things such as buff icons for summons, dark knights getting a cooldown using roar, minigames spamming text each time you have a match, summons spamming in chat when their buff expire, etc. Due to time these things were never coded/done and looking back now I really do not want that either.

MapleLegends at current state to me is a GMS-like gameplay at core with tweaks to improve gameplay, and looking now there's nothing added really that made me regret it got added, which to me is good.

The staff:
    Of course I can't thank the staff enough for the insane (and more) work they have done over the years. Deving, moderating, hosting events, helping on forums ,etc. They have done much more work than I have done, and I can't thank all of you enough for all of it over the past years!

Closing:
    Of course I make my topics way too long as usual, so for now I'll close it from here. Once again thank you all so much for the continuous support over the years. There's countless people that met new friends, close friends, or even more. Achieving such things thanks to this server means a lot to me, and of course I've also met a great amount of new friends. MapleStory to me is all about the community, and I cannot say enough that I find MapleLegends having one if not the closest tight community I've seen. ClassicMS had a very tight community as well, so its great to see even that is replicated.

You are all Legends!

With much love,

MapleLegends Administration & Staff

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 56
  2. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    9:17 PM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    OnionF4 I'm not so good with words but I'm just really happy and thank you!!
    I didn't know that private servers for games was a thing before I accidentally found MapleLegends, so I tried to play some other nostalgic games that had long been shut down in these past couple years. But they just weren't the same, something was a little off/missing, and I realized the community was nothing like we have here. I'm really glad to be a part of this community and everyone has really made my time here so special!! I wonder what I would be doing/playing (or drawing lol) if I hadn't found this place. Thanks for my home SlimeBlush
    Now GO TO BED kimmy LOL how do you function?! :b

• Like Like x 5
  3. Tony Lec

Tony Lec Snail

Mar 21, 2017
    Male
    Panama
    11:17 PM
    Tonylec
    Hogwards
    I am very happy to be part of this beautiful world you have created, thank you Kim, keep up the awesome work :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    10:17 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I'm glad to see how far the server has come, and how things not being perfectly GMS-like is becoming more acceptable.

BTW, what is with the 40 player discrepancy between the website count and when you typed @online? Just a time difference?

5. Kelsier

Kelsier Slime

Jun 3, 2015
    Male
    willyishott
    Bishop
    CocaCola
    Great post, so grateful this server is a thing.

Also LionheartLionheart, the website one includes people at channel select, etc. @online means everyone in-game. Got that answer earlier on discord.

6. Blueberry

Blueberry Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    7:17 AM
    Danix
    Beginner
    I have to say that the community here is very warm and welcoming. I'm really glad and grateful for being part of this.

• Like Like x 1
  7. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Out of sight, out of time
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    What a difference one year makes.

• Like Like x 2
  8. HardSafe

HardSafe King Slime

May 11, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    7:17 AM
    HardSafe, HardMage
    Priest
    Growing strong lurvmushlurvmush

9. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Great community here and most importantly almost bugfree gameplay!
    You must regret you unintentionaly added the CC DC bug :p

Overall I think the work you guys put in is phenomonal, keep it up MapleF17

10. Scotty.

Scotty. Horny Mushroom

May 11, 2017
    Male
    iamscottyc
    Hermit
    Big thanks to the ML staff for the content! And also RedReboot for convincing me to join.

11. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    Lets go back to summer 2016 TriHard

• Like Like x 5
  12. Reptar

Reptar Timer

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    California
    Reptar
    I/L Wizard
    Horizon
    Grats guys :). Nice to come back and see good stuff like this!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    12:17 PM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Glad to be here! And am happy that new folks are here to join the ride with us!

14. xAznAce

xAznAce Master Chronos

May 19, 2017
    Male
    Encounter with Buddha
    Jyugo
    Chief Bandit
    Unworthy
    I saw the 500 count yesterday and couldn't believe it. It's like it went from the standard 300 to 500+ overnight :D

15. Hito

Hito Stone Golem

May 4, 2017
    Straya
    Ainu
    Hermit
    Galaxy
    I started playing when it was ~320 concurrent users. This is insane :)

16. Poetic

Poetic Horny Mushroom

Jan 16, 2017
    Free Market
    Poetic, Vows, Rabies
    CARNIVAL PQ HERE WE COME MapleF15

17. VonBIT

VonBIT Pac Pinky

Dec 22, 2014
    12:17 AM
    Sharkbait
    Islander
    Not relevant in this server anymore, but I still remember when we used to say that 30 users online would be insane back in Open BETA.

Congrats! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    12:17 AM
    Centaur & Chaste
    Which CC DC bug?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail