1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A banquet for Whalians, what a horrible experience

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FunkZillah, Jun 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. FunkZillah

FunkZillah Blue Snail

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    4:48 PM
    FunkZillah
    Beginner
    Me and my partner have been playing this game for a few days now and have been really enjoying it, however we just had one of the worst experiences I have yet to have in a game like this. After getting the "A banquet for Whalians" quest in Nautilus we decided we would go to hand it in and have a look at a new region as the quest only requires level 20 or above, what a mistake. Being only level 25 just getting to the region was a struggle, and by the time we had realized our mistake we were already too far in, and had yet to discover that scrolls to Victoria Island won't work in another region. To top everything off, the quest only rewards 3000 exp, that's a portion of the quests our level provide, and the next part of the chain wants you to kill level 54 mobs (according to the websites I looked at), and we couldn't even damage anything in the region. I fully accept some responsibility, as we shouldn't have rushed into a new region without researching first but the idea that a quest which only requires level 20 will send you into a lvl 50-60 region is really hard to understand, and could easily push new players away from this game, like it almost did me and my partner.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Else

Else Mixed Golem

Jan 28, 2017
    Male
    8:48 AM
    Beginner
    Honor
    Hmm, something bad about maplestory quests that they are notwell organized in compare to other games. Some quests are high lvl'd required to kill some low lvl stuff and the other way around.

I would suggest looking up to some other quest lines, (such as omega sector, kfc, ariant) they are organized better and are fun to play.

Or yeah, looking on bbb.hiddenstreet, even as a experienced player i do that to check if i should do the quest (effort vs reward)

Quests are awesome in Legends, x3 rate :D

3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:48 AM
    Moderator Post
    There's an other quest that sends you to Ariant what people have trouble with often too. What you can buy if you are really stuck is a VIP teleport which lets you warp to anyone where you want (with few exceptions) by typing a username in the map.

4. OP
    OP
    FunkZillah

FunkZillah Blue Snail

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    FunkZillah
    Beginner
    Hey guys thanks for the replies :), will definitely look up bbb.hiddenstreet, sounds like it could save a lot of time. And knowing about the VIP teleport might save us from another sticky situation :p. Recently had a really friendly high level player help us out and give us some money and items and invite us to their guild, so were feeling a lot better now.

5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:48 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    That quest should be changed to level 31+ or something. At least because that might be a time when players should actually consider going to another area... but lv 54 mobs is still too much.

6. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    They aren't level 54, they're level 23. Please don't look at post big bang websites for information. Only look at https://mapletip.com/ and http://bbb.hidden-street.net/. They are the closest to v62 GMS.

[​IMG]

This is just the kind of quest that you wait with until you actually need to go to Orbis or Aqua. I usually get a lot of quests at once that need me to go a certain place before I actually go there.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    FunkZillah

FunkZillah Blue Snail

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    FunkZillah
    Beginner
    Ahhh yes that makes a lot of sense, thanks for the reliable links have struggled finding information. Sorry if I spread any misinformation, really wasn't my intent, but I ended up getting a lot of help so thank you everybody.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Don't trust quest lvl. The quest about killing Horntail is lvl 80 o.o .

And yeah, you should chain quests from zones, that way you will be less bored of doing them and also will "max" the benefits. As they said, trust those sources and feel free to ask. And also, have fun playing! SlimeGrin