1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A better server!

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Losj, Jul 29, 2015.

Do you agree with this?

1. Agree

37 vote(s)
    78.7%
  2. Disagree

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
  1. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    2:04 PM
    Dark Knight
    Project
    So I have been grinding about and been talking about a few things that I and my fellow friends / guild members would like to see changed.

Keep in mind this is from my perspective at the time (lv. 14x Dark Knight). Things might change in the future if we get content updates.

I am well aware that there is a big patch coming with loads of new content and that is great!
    Magatia will be a great change for the medium levels and will bring loads of scrolls to the market.
    Temple of Time will be a nice change of pase from skeles and bring better exp tables to the server for attackers and makes it so that attacker parties are better. Also a lot of scrolls will come from there with great value that are highly required at the moment.
    There might be more updates then this but these are the main ones I am aware of.

Even though this is great and all. This will not change the issue with the current state of the server.
    This will still be a grind fest and a isolation for people. Just like skele people will be looking for optimal parties and most likely decline anything worse. Most people seem to quit now between the levels of 125 till 135.
    These are the levels where they realize that skeles are the only good source of experience and it is the only map you will grind at.

I feel like these content updates will make people come back to check them out but it will not change the main problem. I know that this is a grinding game and I really enjoy that. Most people think different about this though and I hear people complain left and right about this. There is no end game content. There never has been on maple but me and my friends have come up with some ideas to maybe change this and make this server really unique and more appealing for most of the player base.

Lets start with a slight change.
    Change the Zakum timer.
    Instead of it being a 24 hour reset make it a hard reset at a set time. If we want to do 2 zakum runs it will take around 1 hour 30 min up to 2 hours max. That means that we can do a new run at 10 PM the next day. This is very annoying for people. This is not only annoying for people who sell helmets on a daily base but also for people who just want to have fun and run it on a daily base.
    If the restart would be lets say at 00:00 that would mean people have a lot more flexibility. This is a very small change but would improve the quality of the server immensely!

For the bigger change now. ( Yep you guessed it! Scrolls.)
    It is really dumb at the moment how you can obtain chaos scrolls and white scrolls.
    With the current player base and most people washing there characters there are almost no scrolls of that kind flowing into the server. I do not want it to be easy to get a perfect weapon, lets get that straight. I think that getting a perfect weapon should take a very long time maybe even up to years. But how the server is now this will never be possible not even in a year or 2. There are simply not enough players using the gachapon system for that.
    There are more chaos scrolls in the server which is great but still not even close to what should be (my opinion).
    Again we do not want it to be EASY to get Chaos and White scrolls so we are here to give some feedback and a solution on how to fix this.

Crimson Wood Keep Party Quest.
    I know it was not out yet on this server and it would take some effort to make it but stay with me.
    This PQ is hard. YES HARD. In the current state of the game we could not complete this PQ. We could maybe kill a boss or two but that's about it. You need 10 players to enter. Lets not forget 2 of each class. This is very hard to organize but obviously not impossible. On top of that they also have to be around lv. 130~160
    to even stand a chance. The PQ it self is a lot of fun and a challenge. The bosses are no push over either and like I said we will NOT be able to clear it at the moment.
    We can change the drops from the PQ. Remove the Mark of Narcain. I did not really care that much until I was discussing this with @Autoassemble@Autoassemble. The mark is a nice upgrade for your gear but this would completely counter the purpose of Horntail. This boss is the "End game" boss and it should stay that way. People should be motivated for this boss not only for the skill books but also for the pendant.
    If you remove the pendant from CWKPQ Horntail will still be as valuable as it was back then.
    Change the drops from Pendant from bosses to Chaos scrolls and White scrolls. If this would be changed obviously you should make the White scrolls more rare then Chaos since White scrolls have a much bigger impact on the game. Even if it was a 50% drop chance. There are 4 bosses. so lets say you get two scrolls per run. You can only do two runs a day and lets not for get you can not get 10 players online every day to do this since it will consume a lot of time to do. This means in the PERFECT scenario it would give 60 chaos scrolls per month. This will not be possible though since we will NOT be able to kill all the bosses with in the time limit. This will make people motivated to grind out there levels and they can actually improve there gear by clearing content in a group. Slowly people will gain better items and eventually in a few months we might have a chance at clearing it.

The issue for most.
    The issue with the server is motivation. Even with the new content it will not change much.
    If these things were to be implemented it would improve the server immensely. You still need A LONG TIME (maybe one and a half year) to even dream of a perfect weapon but at least there is a goal to clear hard content. The biggest motivation in Maplestory is to improve your gear after you reached a level you are satisfied with. Scrolling "Good" gear is just not possible at the moment. This way people have something to work to and do something to obtain good scrolls / items. I know you are very much in love with getting rare items out of gachapon because it is obtainable by "everyone" but this is a very stupid reason. I think it should stay in gachapon because it is a good source of meso for new players to test there luck but most people don't even know what they have and get scammed out of there items or simply put it in a store for way to little or to much. Heck today there has been a chaos scroll sold for 7mill. I am sure he did not know what it was.
    We do not have to make Chaos scrolls and White scrolls a COMMON thing but it would be a huge motivation for players to get a few extra levels in the boring maps to obtain the items they NEED to improve there gear instead of what we now have. There is no difference between the current system and the cube system. People would buy NX to cube there gear to become stronger. We buy gachapon and pray for a good scroll / weapon to get stronger. Exactly the same thing. Yes I know NX is free but it is still behind a wall instead of something you should be able to get once you are high / strong enough.
    It does not matter how much meso you farm. There are not enough scrolls in the game.

I hope you will take a serious look at this and please discuss it. I would really like to see some changes.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    • Like Like x 17
  2. beamcasting

beamcasting Capt. Latanica

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    New york America
    8:04 AM
    yiko (banned)
    Bishop
    Hogwarts
    first part -1 i want it to be more gms like
    2nd part+1 i undertsand its kinda annoying
    3rd part -1 i think there shouldnt be too many scrolls dis is y i quit royals as soon as i hit 2nd job
    4th part -1 eventually there will be enough high lvs

3. OP
    OP
    Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    What is to many?

This post is not about people who should get high levels. I think you missed the point there.

4. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    7:04 AM
    I like your intentions in trying to better the server, but here are some things I have to say.
    • The poll is sort of misleading. You only have two options of yes/no and that seems to imply that you either agree with all 4 options or you don't agree. Some people, like @beamcasting@beamcasting seem to like some of the suggestions but not every suggestion so that is an example of where this poll may not be very accurate.
    • I do feel like CWKPQ would be an interesting idea for more high-level content, but seeing that the new WZ. update isn't even out right now, I think the other things like ToT and Magatia should first be released before Kim has anything else to worry about on her checklist. After the WZ. update it's an idea to consider, though.
    • I do understand the complaint about Zakum and think that changing the time would be a good idea; it would help with business in regards to arranging Zhelm services as well in a more accommodating way for the customers.
    • However, about your point on motivation: like you said, new content doesn't necessarily improve motivation. "The issue with the server is motivation. Even with the new content it will not change much." Isn't your point about adding CWKPQ basically adding more content on top of what is to come for the high levels (ToT)? That point seemed a little contradictory to me, but maybe that's just me. Would like some clarification. It seems like you desire another medium of receiving chaos/white scrolls, but I'm not sure if CWKPQ is the way to go about increasing the number of these scrolls.
    • More scrolls is ultimately something that I think will be under the staff's jurisdiction. That being said, I can sympathize with the desire of getting like a ~10 att PAC or something with an increased influx of chaos/white scrolls. I do think that more of these scrolls wouldn't be bad, but the method of receiving such scrolls is something to be carefully considered.
    Overall, nice post though :) I am just a little uncertain if these suggestions will truly help motivate people. Besides, the current state of the server isn't exactly bad :p

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    Take the poll with a grain of salt.

For most people the game stops at 125 because they have reached a point where grinding comes down to one map and it slowing down tremendously. This would give you a reason to try and improve your character. Temple of Time will be a nice change but it will not change much. Skele will still be best map to grind with bishops until people obtain better gear (a lot of better gear). At one point I agree yes adding CWKPQ is adding more content on top of it but on the other hand this seems to me and the people I discussed this with the most "fair" reason. This is not some pushover you can do in a night. It will be a long grind of months to get even close to clearing such a thing and because of it being such a long grind and hard thing to achieve this seems a fair way of obtaining these scrolls. Most people did not like maple after the cube system got added because things are behind a wall that you can not overcome. Same goes for the current system with Chaos and White scrolls.

I cant judge motivation for others but this is my reason. I am sure that I am not the only one who shares this reason as motivation to keep leveling and improving gear.

6. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Whereas I agree with most your points/suggestions, I feel like most here is just a matter of time until it's available. Legends is relatively new and whereas I, too, would love to see more end-game content and a more flourishing market, it's something that requires time and effort. I'd rather see something be done properly and take a while (the hyped update coming in the foreseeable future) instead of being rushed into things and having to face bugs and problems along the way. To break down my post...
    1. I don't see a problem with this, but I don't know how much time and effort it would cost to change this... If it's not too much of a hassle, I'd be all for it since it offers way more flexibility than the current system.
    2. You're completely right here. The market for scrolls, both normal scrolls and Chaos/White Scrolls, is abysmal and some scrolls cannot be obtained or at least barely. Gachapon and the way people spend NX play a big role in this, but I'm pretty sure a Gachapon revamp is being worked on. Once this happens, I'm sure things will change... But you're absolutely right in saying something has to be done about the situation. I'm personally someone who is competitive but not in terms of level, meaning I tend to gain wealth and gear, and the lack of scrolls and therefore a chance at getting good or end-game gear is nearly non-existant. Having more scrolls available would also definitely boost the server's economy, which honestly could get a big boost if you ask me.
    3. I'm not sure on this one... CWKPQ surely is a good addition but is very end-game, to be fair. It's fun and would give players something to look out for, especially if WS/CS would be obtainable there. The main argument against it is the point of nostalgia; it might be a relative/subjective term, but many people might find CWKPQ as either game-breaking (no MoN would change that) or not nostalgic. It might be a good idea after other changes are made (The points mentioned above, as well as the upcoming update with ToT, Magatia, etc.), but isn't high priority IMO.
    4. This is the main reason people are quitting left and right. Motivation is lacking for many, I suppose, since mesos are worthless and the economy is fucked (for lack of a better word); I'm not motivated to train much simply due to the lack of scrolls or even a decent market. I'm not saying we should become Royals 2.0 and make WS/CS pop up at every corner and devaluate mesos and other items in the process, but right now, there's simply no prospects of good or (near-)perfect gear to be made. This goes hand in hand with point 2, though. It's really just a consequence of the current situation.
    So all in all, I'd say that your points are good and I agree that something should be changed, but honestly, I'm sure most of the staff and playerbase already knew before this. It's not the first post and this is more of a collective post throwing together suggestions that are (hopefully) already being worked on. Patience is key...

mfw when I saw that shit sold for 7m

[​IMG] http://img.***/albums/v131/divalicious04/GIFs/rosswhywouldyoudothat.gif

• Like Like x 2
  7. GodDPS

GodDPS Blue Snail

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    5:04 AM
    I think the biggest issue isn't end game content, but content after 4th job. If you hit 4th job, yet still only have 2-3 places to grind after 4th job, that still makes the game boring. There needs to be more progressive content in this game. Like training for lvls 120-130 or something, and then places to train from like 130-140 etc, and have more clearable party boss/pq content sprinkled throughout those levels.

Disagree about 50% chaos scrolls, white scrolls, etc. That's insane. What do you do when people make multiple accounts just for that pq. You will start seeing people getting end game content really freaking quick. Imo I think it should be like 1-5% chance of them dropping.

8. mumbasa

mumbasa Mano

Jul 25, 2015
    I think it was said, ToT will come, that is pretty end game.
    This server replicates gms a lot, so don't expect new maps and content.

9. GodDPS

GodDPS Blue Snail

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Well there's already end game with horntail,yet as the post states, a lot of people get burned out after 120 and never make it to horntail.

10. Juana Mari

Juana Mari Blue Snail

May 22, 2015
    Male
    1:04 PM
    Marijuana
    Hunter
    I think the biggest problem right now is with the economy. Too much demand and simply NO supply. imo..

11. Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    Samus
    Marksman
    I think more variation among training maps (outside of skeles with a bishop) will give people more motivation to train and grind, for example when ToT is added or if Crimson Guardians are made more viable to grind at.

I agree with the zakum timer, and I think that should be implemented for other bosses like Pap, who only lets u enter twice every 24 hours, and would be better to reset at midnight.

12. Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    Doap
    Hunter
    :less
    I've never been high level enough to deal with cwpq or tot in any version of maple, so any opinion I have on the matter wouldn't hold much weight.

Zakum timer, sure if it makes it easier for people to organize or run or whatever why not. Unless I'm misunderstanding it I don't see it as an issue.

However in relation to chaos scrolls and white scrolls, any new ways to implement them with pqs, drops, whatever, regardless of how minimal they might be at the start will eventually grow and become an issue because the amount of players being able to to get them will inevitably increase over time. It'll get to the point where the rate they're aquired is exponentially growing and then everyone starts complaining about too many scrolls on the server.

I don't have a better solution, that's just an issue I think might come up in the future. Not trying to shit in your cornflakes, just pointing it out.

This was very well thought out tho, good job.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Salamander

Salamander Timer

Jun 16, 2015
    Male
    10:04 PM
    Salamander
    Dark Knight
    A man had a vision of creating his own park so he did, at first people came there and seemed to enjoy playing and being in the park.
    The owner wanted the park to be the way he planned it so he continued working hard to improve it to make it the best park around but he was adamant about how he wanted it to be, he worked very hard to constantly improve it but noticed that the same people stopped coming around. One day he decided to ask a kid that's been coming there ever since he made it why some people stopped coming, the kid said well the park is great but some things I think could make it better! He then started to try something different and rework it along with some of the ideas that the people gave and suddenly everyone seemed more happy and even the people that stopped coming came back!. At that moment he realised that it wasn't about having the best park in town, but it was about creating something for the people to enjoy and making them happy, that in his mind was the best park.

Change is always better, if the GMs are more willing to consider player suggestions as implementations in the game then I believe this can only grow into something much greater. Players make the game, the game should also provide for the players like a two way street, and we know that always works out for the best. New is always better than the old, this server has already helped us relive the nostalgia now it's time for it to create something for us to relive.

• Like Like x 2
  14. npfenix1

npfenix1 Brown Teddy

May 18, 2015
    Male
    Under the bridge.
    3:04 PM
    *LURKING*
    Marauder
    Time for another story.

Servant: Your Majesty, I am nothing but a servant, but my family and I don’t need too much – just a roof over our heads and warm food to fill our tummies.

The evil king was unhappy with the servants answer. So he wanted to do something bad to him. He called one of his advisor and asked for help.

The advisor said to the king, My lord, place 99 Gold coins in a bag and leave it at this servant’s doorstep and so did the king.

When the servant saw the bag, he took it into his house. When he opened the bag, he let out a great shout of joy. So many gold coins! He began to count them. After several counts, he was at last convinced that there were 99 coins.

He wondered, “What could’ve happened to that last gold coin? Surely, no one would leave 99 coins!” He looked everywhere he could, but that final coin was elusive. Finally, exhausted, he decided that he was going to have to work harder than ever to earn that gold coin and complete his collection.

From that day, the servant’s life was changed. He was overworked, horribly grumpy, and castigated his family for not helping him make that 100th gold coin. He stopped singing while he worked.

“Let me get that one final thing and then I will be happy for life.”
    People will always yearn for more once they grow bored of something. I'm not saying the server should be just frozen and no updates should come out at all. However, we should keep in mind that new content doesn't necessarily mean long-term happiness. Also when thinking about the future we should be extremely careful with things that affect the economy, such as scrolls. The reason why gach is good for chaos/white, is because it can't be really monopolized. It is possible right now to scroll a perf weapon, but it takes a lot of time. Mostly because there just isn't enough scrolls in the market. But, I'm stuck in the army right now so I can't really make any impactful opinions. Just throwing that out there.
    If the players feel this scroll change would be good, then as the saying goes: "you go by the masses".

I think there was a lot of good in this post, like the zakum change people have nodded their heads at. But looking at things like scrolls, should be touched with silky mitts before implementing them.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Salamander

Salamander Timer

Jun 16, 2015
    Male
    10:04 PM
    Salamander
    Dark Knight
    Ballsack.

• Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    I do not want to personally attack you but all you did was leech for 20 levels at skeles and then you quit your marksman because you said it was boring and weak. You have not even started grinding yet and you are already bored of skeles. What makes you think you will not feel the same about a map that works the same as skeles but a different skin to it and with some different mobs?

17. OP
    OP
    Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    With this method it is accessible to players who are high level there for they are rewarded by there hard work to grind the levels out. There is no reward here. The game is great when you are starting out but after 130~140 all you do is make meso and grind. I made a lot of meso. I can't spend it on anything because it is NOT in the game. It would still take over a year to even get enough white scrolls to make perfect weapons. That is to quick? I don't think that would be to quick. Chaos scrolls are not overpowered that most people think and make you a god. You need hundreds of Chaos scrolls to make good items.
    I don't think there will be to many scrolls since everyone needs the at this point. What is wrong if the price drops from 80mill to 20mill? It is still a lot of meso for people who gach and a nice boost for those who start out. Maybe there will be many scrolls but as of now that will never happen. People are not high enough level to start it. there is only a hand full of players that will achieve that point and there for I feel like it should be rewarded so that more people have a reason to stick around.
    Also back in GMS Chaos scrolls were a drop from several mobs in Orbis, Ludi and Magatia.

Right now the server is stuck. Most people join, they enjoy it and reach 4th job and quit. Make a new char or just quit because there is nothing else to do.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  18. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read in regards to a nostalgia server.

19. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    7:04 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but chaos scrolls started dropping from mobs in v63, so that point isn't necessarily relevant.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Pretty sure it was even later. I don't think Chaos should drop, but it'd be a good reward from end-game PQs or bosses. And, of course, if Gachapon gets updated, the Chaos Scroll rate can be buffed... And White Scroll, too...