1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ability to mute some/all Smegas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Log, Jun 15, 2020.

1. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    12:28 PM
    every time i played the last days i wish id had this...

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    3:28 AM
    If turning off smega is not an option, what about an alternative such as increasing smega costs, or adding a short cooldown inbetween uses (5-10min)

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    They already added in 1 minute delay time between every smega that one could send.

4. Xaple

Xaple King Slime

May 14, 2020
    Well boys... WE DID IT.

According to recent discord post it looks like this option will be available in time.

Despite personal opinions of mods, the vast amount of other single player games out there, and leecher lobbyists, we have prevailed.

Congrats to all of you who like to enjoy playing the game with friends and in peace. ✌

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Smega 1: SHOTS!
    Smega 2: CHEERS!

@mutesmega(idk.. 3?)

ahh, my eyes can finally rest from all the -

Animation Smega 1: SHOTS!

GODDANGIT

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Smega: B>1h Skele leech

-3 hours later-

Huh.. okay.

7. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    12:28 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Please don't make me take an IQ test.

8. Huldra

Huldra Mano

Dec 12, 2020
    5:28 AM
    Beginner
    I don't understand why anyone would disagree with this tbh?
    Yeah it's an mmo, but the smegas are way too much and useless to see for some.
    Myself and several others have no need to see what people are selling or buying. (if so, that's what free market is for.)

I'm sure we aren't the only ones who like to have our chats expanded so that we can see chats with our guild, party, or whoever else.
    Smegas just clutter the chat with junk we don't care about. If we actually want to see if anyone smegas for something it can be toggled back on. It does not defeat any purpose to mute them, since those that want to mute would ignore them anyway.

This argument is annoying and mind numbing. Why do you even care if some users have smegas muted? Those people wouldn't want to buy your leech or whatever anyway. Or they'd just go to the free market when interested.

On top of that smegas aren't what make an mmo an mmo... i have no idea where some of you get that idea.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Cowbelle

Cowbelle Mushmom

Jul 11, 2020
    Female
    Cowbelle
    Beginner
    Homies
    I love smegas. I find them charming and heartwarming (most of the time). The others I chalk up to people having a good time in their own way, and the few that are truly horrendous are addressed by GMs. In my opinion, allowing a mute-all smega option is a really risky move that could squash the community-feel of ML.

An alternative may be to beef up the blacklist a bit -- blocking all types of chat messages from people on your blacklist could address most of the smega problems you may be having. I know this takes client side edits and tweaking, but I assume most people have someone or a handful of people in mind when they consider blocking smegas. Blacklists would also help people who are in situations where someone is making them uncomfortable or unhappy; there was a time where I would have done anything to prevent certain people from ./finding me or seeing their messages.

I'm definitely not trying to change anyone's mind because you all seem very passionate about this, but I thought it would be a shame to let this thread die without providing a different opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Shots!

Cheers!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Having smegas blocked or not its hard to get a seller, most times. :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. FatSloth

FatSloth Windraider Retired Staff

Nov 15, 2020
    Male
    5:28 AM
    FatSloth
    Buccaneer
    ImACatMeow
    I definitely get what belle is talking about regarding the community aspect. That said I like the idea of blacklisting users and not seeing their smegas as there are certain people who regularly have conversations i dont care about via smegas or have random profane messages that I'd personally rather not see.

If this was a black and white toggle option of either all smegas or no smegas id certainly still leave them on. Unfortunately I fear that may be the best option that can be given to us thanks to client limitations.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. godkim

godkim Blue Snail

Mar 7, 2021
    Male
    6:28 AM
    Not trying to revive a closed thread, but I was wondering if there had been any progress on the smega muting? Someone mentioned above that this had been agreed on by the GM team and would be implemented eventually. I only started playing for a few weeks and I just find this incredibly annoying...

Repeating someone else's argument, if some players enjoy this option and want to keep it, they shouldn't force others to also be subjected to these messages. It's the same thing as being on a bus and putting earphones on to listen to my music. I don't walk around telling people it's gonna "ruin the bus experience" if they don't listen to my music...